[23 November 2014]
The Ascending Magic Side Effect Of Stepping Up Jupiter
Genre – Four explorers go to outer space to learn dance moves
Magic Dike On Humpy Pumpy Street
Genre – Tale of a wizard stripper
Genre – A plane load of lager is split through a black hole in Inter Milan. Chaos ensues
Genre – Romance.. and a little more
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the 1998 remake of Psycho?
2. What colour is Gandalf’s beard in The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King?
3. The film Moonraker is part of which franchise?
4. Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler and John Hammond are characters in which film?
5. Who directed The Usual Suspects?
6. Toothless is the name of the dragon in which film?
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON / HTTYD2
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “They’re here”?
8. Which ballet is the central focus of Black Swan?
9. The adaptation of Othello starring Laurence Fishburne and Kenneth Branagh was released in which year?
10. Who plays the lead role in Shakespeare In Love?
ROUND II: Filming [Channing Tatum]
1. What is the title of the sequel to 21 Jump Street? 21 Jump Street 2? 22 Jump Street? 2 Jump 2 Street?
22 JUMP STREET
2. What was the name of Tatum’s character in G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra? Duke? Ripcord? Heavy Duty?
3. Which actor voices the role of the villain in The Lego Movie? Will Ferrell? Steve Carell? Jim Carrey?
4. Who directed Magic Mike? Mike Nichols? Steven Soderbergh? Rob Reiner?
5. In which of the following films does Tatum make a brief cameo? Batman Begins? Milk? Public Enemies?
6. Excluding Emma Watson, how many celebrities take refuge in James Franco’s house, in This Is The End? 5? 6? 7?
SIX (Franco, Hill, Rogen, Baruchel, McBride, Robinson)
7. In Dear John, John’s father is obsessed with his collection of what? Comics? Stamps? Coins?
8. What is the name of the drug circulating the high school in 21 Jump Street? HFS? WTF? TFIT?
9. In which year does Marcus Flavius Aquila arrive in England, in The Eagle? 140? 160? 180?
10. Channing Tatum married his Step Up co-star Jenna Dewan. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Complete the title of this film: Dr Strangelove?
OR HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB
2. How many sisters make up the March family in Little Women?
3. Speed, True Romance and Apocalypse Now all starred which actor?
4. Who played the title role in the 2004 adaptation of The Phantom Of The Opera?
5. The King And I, The Lone Ranger, Yojimbo and Gone With The Wind are all set in which decade?
6. Which film featured Hugh Grant, David Tennant, Martin Freeman and Salma Hayek?
THE PIRATES! IN AN ADVENTURE WITH SCIENTISTS!
7. Where is the Empire’s shield generator (protecting the second Death Star) located in Return Of The Jedi?
THE FOREST MOON OF ENDOR
8. The following is the synopsis for which film, “A wanted man agrees to convince a company head to dissolve his corporation, in exchange for all charges against him being dropped”?
9. What is the name of the Prince in Cinderella?
10. Inglourious Basterds is divided into how many chapters?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following quote is from which film, “Don’t give me that. I’m sick and tired of facts! You can twist ’em anyway you like!”? Memento? Heat? 12 Angry Men?
12 ANGRY MEN
2. Who composed the score for the 1999 adaptation of The End Of The Affair? Elliot Goldenthal? Dario Marianelli? Michael Nyman?
3. How many superheroes make up the second incarnation of the Watchmen, in the film of the same name? Six? Seven? Eight?
4. In The Day The Earth Stood Still, Klaatu’s ship lands in which US city? New York? Washington? Chicago?
5. Who directed Starman, Memoirs Of An Invisible Man and The Ward? John Carpenter? Francis Ford Coppola? Ron Howard?
6. In Shutter Island, what is Teddy’s response to the following line, “If I was to sink my teeth into your eye right now, would you be able to stop me before I blinded you”? Give it a try? Not if I break your jaw? You haven’t got the balls?
GIVE IT A TRY
7. The 1988 anime Akira is set in which year? 2014? 2017? 2019?
8. How many films has Terrence Malick directed (excluding the upcoming untitled film and Knight Of Cups)? 4? 5? 6?
9. Which actor wrote the script for Sam Raimi’s The Gift, based on his own mother’s reputed psychic abilities? Mel Gibson? Billy Bob Thornton? John Travolta?
BILLY BOB THORNTON
10. The Godfather: Part II is the only sequel to have won the Best Picture Oscar. True or False?
FALSE (The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Tombstone / Sideways / Spider-Man 3
Poster: 3000 Miles To Graceland
Actor: Thomas Haden Church