[09 November 2014]
Wedding Crashers 2: Quiz Crashers
Genre – After weddings dry up, the ‘crashers’ find new ways to meet women
Bride And Gloom
Genre – Horror
The Sanctity Of Mawwiage
Genre – Arnie dresses as The Terminator and slays adulterers, whilst using a corny lisp
Mr Turner & Smooch
Genre – Artistic documentary about the first interspecies marriage
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the sequel to Wayne’s World?
WAYNE’S WORLD 2
2. Who directed the 2000 film, Gladiator?
3. Ted, Fozzie and Little John are all what type of animal?
4. Which actor played the title role in Peter Jackson’s King Kong?
5. Timur Bekmembatov’s Night Watch is predominantly set in which city?
6. The following songs are from which film: Summer Nights, Hopelessly Devoted To You and You’re The One That I Want?
7. What rating was given to Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban by the BBFC?
8. What was the subtitles of the third X-Men film?
THE LAST STAND
9. Conan The Barbarian was released in which year?
10. Draw a xenomorph, from the Alien saga.
One point if distinguishable, two points if drawn well
ROUND II: Filming [Wedding Films]
1. 1950’s Father Of The Bride, starring Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor was remade in 1990 with which actor in the leading role? Tom Selleck? Joe Pesci? Steve Martin?
2. In addition to Annie, the maid of honour, how many bridesmaids does Lillian have, in Bridesmaids? Three? Four? Five?
3. Which of the following Tim Burton films does not feature a wedding? Corpse Bride? Edward Scissorhands? Beetlejuice?
4. The eponymous funeral in Four Weddings And A Funeral, is for which character? Matthew? Angus? Gareth?
5. Which of the following was a producer for My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Adrien Brody? Nicolas Cage? Tom Hanks?
6. Who is Connie marrying at the start of The Godfather: Part I? Carlo Rizzi? Salvatore Tessio? Emilio Barzini?
7. Christopher Walken’s character in Wedding Crashers, William Cleary, is passionate about what pastime? Sailing? Rock Climbing? Polo?
8. In Muriel’s Wedding, Muriel Heslop is obsessed with which musical group? Queen? The Beatles? ABBA?
9. Not included the uncredited Meg Ryan, how many producers worked on The Wedding Planner? 10? 12? 14?
10. In 2009’s Bride Wars, Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway acted with their actual husbands. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Sean Bean, Peter O’Toole, Orlando Bloom and Brendan Gleeson all starred in which film?
2. The Omen, Maverick and Lethal Weapon 4 were all directed by whom?
3. What is the title of the fourth film in The Fast And The Furious franchise?
FAST & FURIOUS
4. The town of Sleepy Hollow, in the Tim Burton film of the same name, was settled by colonials from which European country?
5. Who does the opening narration for the Disney animated film, Hercules?
CHARLTON HESTON (one of his lines includes ‘You go girl’)
6. How many films has Tarsem Singh directed?
7. What was the budget for the 2007 film, Stardust?
88 MILLION DOLLARS
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Once, they made history. Now, they are history”?
BILL & TED’S BOGUS JOURNEY
9. What was the title of the 2003 Michael Crichton novel adaptation about time travel, featuring Paul Walker, Gerard Butler, Michael Sheen and Billy Connolly?
10. The following is a quote from which Disney film, “It is not what things are, it is what they seem to be. Is that not so, madam”?
BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following is not a Percy Jackson film? The Lightning Thief? The Sea Of Monsters? The Titan’s Curse?
THE TITAN’S CURSE (correct as of Nov 2014)
2. Charles Laughton and Maureen O’Hara starred in the 1939 adaptation of which Victor Hugo novel? The Man Who Laughs? The Hunchback Of Notre Dame? Les Miserables?
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME
3. Which of the following is not a real film? Rockula? Phffft? How many times do I have to tell you, get out of my way?
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, GET OUT OF MY WAY
4. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was nominated for how many Academy Awards? Three? Four? Five?
5. The 1996 film, The Crucible was distributed by which studio? 20th Century Fox? Lionsgate? United Artists?
20TH CENTURY FOX
6. What is the name of the lead couple in the first Paranormal Activity film? Kirsti and Daniel? Katie and Micah? Dennis and Julie?
KATIE AND MICAH
7. Which of the following did not appear in the 2008 remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still? John Cleese? Jon Hamm? John Cusack?
8. What is the name of Athena’s mechanical owl in Clash Of The Titans? Thetis? Calibos? Bubo?
9. In Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, what is the make of Cameron’s father’s car? Porsche? Ferrari? Lamborghini?
10. American Beauty’s title is a reference to a type of rose that rots from the root up. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Green Lantern / Blade Trinity / Smokin’ Aces
Poster: The Nines
Actor: Ryan Reynolds