[12 October 2014]
2001: A Spacey Odyssey
Genre – Charlie Kaufman-sploitation: Kevin Spacey is attacked by his former roles
Genre – A post Vietnam heavenly comedy
Sweep The ‘Chair’ Leg
Genre – In desperation a team doing a film quiz plan how to defeat the sure-fire winners who are sitting on high stools
The Most Busters
Genre – Cushdy comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In 2002’s Spider-Man, Peter Parker gains superpowers after being bitten by which genetically mutated animal?
2. Bride And Prejudice is a Bollywood adaptation of which Jane Austen novel?
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE
3. What is Rocky’s surname, in each of the Rocky films?
4. Nosferatu is an adaptation of which novel?
5. What is the name of the sole survivor on LV426, in Aliens?
NEWT / REBECCA
6. Who played the lead role in Sofia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette?
7. How many instalments of the Walden Media Chronicles Of Narnia were made?
8. What colour is considered ‘bad’ in The Village?
9. How many children does Vito Corleone have in The Godfather?
10. US Marshalls is the sequel to which film?
ROUND II: Filming [1980’s Quotes]
1. The following quote is from which Superman film, “What I am bargaining with is what you do not have: the son of Jor-El”? Man Of Steel? Superman Returns? Superman II?
2. Which Blues Brothers character said the following quote, “Yes! Jesus H tap-dancing Christ, I have seen the light!”? Jake Blues? Reverend Cleophus James? Curtis?
3. The following quote is from which Harrison Ford film, “It’s a test, designed to provoke an emotional response”? Patriot Games? Frantic? Blade Runner?
4. Which of the following is not a quote from Scarface? Every dog has his day? I got ears, I hear things? If you can’t see the angles no more, you’re in trouble?
IF YOU CAN’T SEE THE ANGLES NO MORE, YOU’RE IN TROUBLE
5. The following quote is from which Indiana Jones film, “Hold on to your potatoes”? Raiders Of The Lost Ark? Temple Of Doom? The Last Crusade?
TEMPLE OF DOOM
6. “May the force be with you” was said in which of the following films? Cocoon? Batteries Not Included? They Live?
7. Finish the following quote from Big Trouble In Little China, “Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says..”? Is that all you’ve got? Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it? I’m ready, I’ve paid my dues, cheque’s in the mail?
GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT, PAL. I CAN TAKE IT
8. What are Capone’s last lines in The Untouchables? Is this justice? I’m a businessman? You’re nothing but a lot of talk and a badge?
YOU’RE NOTHING BUT A LOT OF TALK AND A BADGE
9. Which of the following lines is not said by the title character in Beetlejuice? I travel quite extensively? Never trust the living? What do you think, you think I’m qualified?
NEVER TRUST THE LIVING
10. In The Little Mermaid, Triton’s line, “As long as you live under my ocean, you’ll obey my rules” was originally meant to read, “Until you’re an adult, you’ll serve me without question” but it was altered for fear it would be misinterpreted. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What date does Marty travel back to in Back To The Future? (1-3 points depending on how many parts are correct)
5 NOVEMBER 1955
2. How many knights survive until the end of Monty Python And The Holy Grail? [bonus points for naming them]
THREE [Lancelot, Arthur, Bedevere]
3. The following is the poster tagline from which film, “His passion captivated a woman, his courage inspired a nation, his heart defied a king”?
4. The following films belong to which genre: The Big Combo, Night And The City and Detour?
5. Which film paid Will Smith his highest salary to date? (based on salary, not box office percentages)
6. When the Event Horizon reappears after being missing for seven years, it is found orbiting which planet?
7. Wayne Szalinski is the lead character in which film/franchise?
HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS
8. By 2025 how many Jaegers are left operational in the shatterdome, in Pacific Rim?
FOUR (Gipsy Danger, Striker Eureka, Crimson Typhoon, Cherno Alpha)
9. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, The Jewel Of The Nile and The China Syndrome all starred which actor?
10. How many films has David Fincher directed?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Although everyone refers to the killer in Scream as Ghost Face, the costume bag gives its actual name. What is it? Father Death? The Scream? Disco Wraith?
2. What is the name of the Batman impersonating vigilante, killed by the Joker, in The Dark Knight? David? Gary? Brian?
3. Paramount pushed for which actor to play the role of Charlie Croker instead of Michael Caine, in The Italian Job? Dustin Hoffman? Sean Connery? Robert Redford?
4. What was the title of the tenth Carry On film? Carry On Cleo? Carry On Doctor? Carry On Henry?
CARRY ON CLEO
5. Which of the following names is not considered for the unborn child in Children Of Men? Diego? Dylan? Froley?
6. Which of the following earned the most at the box office (worldwide)? Lost In Space? Ace Venture: Pet Detective? From Dusk ‘Till Dawn?
LOST IN SPACE [$136mil] (Ace Ventura $107mil, From Dusk ‘Till Dawn $25mil)
7. Which of Laurie’s friends is the first to be murdered in Halloween? Annie? Lynda? Lindsey?
8. Hugo is set in which Parisian train station? Nord? Montparnasse? Orsay?
9. In, The Orphanage (El Orfanato) what is the name of the boy in the mask that Simon claims to have befriended? Fernando? Carlos? Tomas?
10. According to Ridley Scott, the unnamed knight played by David Thewlis in Kingdom Of Heaven is supposed to be God. True or False?
TRUE (either God or an angel)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: 12 Monkeys / Mr. & Mrs. Smith / The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Poster: Cool World
Actor: Brad Pitt