[14 September 2014]
Hope Springs Eternal
Genre – An optimistic drama about optimism
I Asked George Lucas For A Refund For The Star Wars Blu-Ray And He Said Noooooo
Genre – I find your lack of cultural heritage disturbing
Hairy Wookie’s Hole
Genre – Porn
Dances With Wookies
Genre – Disney spinoff where members of the Star Wars universe compete at ballroom dancing
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Where is Casablanca set?
CASABLANCA, MOROCCO, AFRICA
2. What colour is the batmobile in the various batman films?
3. Which two actors starred in the lead role in Twins? (one point per correct answer)
DANNY DEVITO / ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
4. Who directed Armageddon?
5. What is the name of the villain, played by Alan Rickman, in Die Hard?
6. Complete the following quote from Apocalypse Now, “I love the smell of napalm…”
IN THE MORNING
7. Kill Bill, Chicago and Charlie’s Angels all featured which actress?
8. How many days does Ursula give Ariel to obtain the kiss of true love, in The Little Mermaid?
9. The furious five are a group of kung fu animal warriors in which animated film series?
KUNG FU PANDA
10. Who played the role of The Monster in Bride Of Frankenstein?
ROUND II: Filming [Star Wars]
1. What is the name of Empire’s secret space station? TIE Fighter? Star Destroyer? Death Star?
2. Which call-sign group is Luke part of on the assault on the Death Star? Green? Gold? Red?
3. Greedo is a Rodian bounty hunter contracted by whom? The Trade Federation? Jabba The Hutt? The Galactic Empire?
JABBA THE HUTT
4. What is the name of Luke’s aunt? Organa? Shmi? Beru?
5. Which of the following actors requested their appearance not be credited? Peter Cushing? Harrison Ford? James Earl Jones?
JAMES EARL JONES
6. Which character says the following quote, “We’re wanted men, I have the death sentence on twelve systems”? Ponda Baba? Cornelius Evazan? Biggs Darklighter?
7. In which year was Star Wars renamed Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope? 1979? 1980? 1981?
8. When the Millennium Falcon returns during the Death Star trench run, it blows up one TIE fighter and wings another, which collides with Darth Vader’s custom TIE fighter. Which is the one that explodes first? Left? Right?
LEFT (screen left)
9. In Lucas’ original 1972 treatment for Star Wars, the opening sentence read, “The story of **name**, a revered Jedi-bendu of Opuchi.” What was the name of this main character? Qui-Gon? Mace Windu? Jar Binks?
10. Star Wars is the only film in the series not to feature the Darth Vader theme, The Imperial March. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Excluding the birthday surprise and the repeated shot of the train pulling away, how many Vito Corleone flashbacks appear in The Godfather: Part II?
2. Who directed Slither, Super and Guardians Of The Galaxy?
3. What was the title of the only Brian De Palma film set in space?
MISSION TO MARS
4. Which film featured Bryan Cranston, Nathan Fillion, Paul Giamatti, Ted Danson and Vin Diesel?
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
5. What professional alias does Robert Angier perform magic under, after the death of his wife, in The Prestige?
THE GREAT DANTON
6. In Sliding Doors, which version of Helen’s life is shown in the final scene? The timeline in which she boards or misses the tube?
THE TIMELINE IN WHICH SHE MISSES THE TUBE
7. How many of the titular Samurai survive at the end of the Seven Samurai?
8. Complete the following quote from Tombstone, “Tell all the other curs the law’s coming. You tell ’em I’m coming…”
AND HELL’S COMING WITH ME
9. Who gives the opening narration of the 2005 film, War Of The Worlds?
10. Which actors play the two lead roles in the 1999 film, The Astronaut’s Wife? (one point per correct answer)
JOHNNY DEPP / CHARLIZE THERON
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Immortal Beloved chronicles the life of which composer? Beethoven? Mozart? Bach?
2. Dennis Quaid, Gene Hackman, Michael Madsen and Bill Pullman all appeared in which film? Wyatt Earp? Titan A.E. ? Under Suspicion?
3. The following quote is from which film, “The closer you are to Caesar, the greater the fear?” Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes? Centurion? The Thin Red Line?
THE THIN RED LINE
4. Which of the following French directors has made the most films? Jean-Jacques Annaud? Luc Besson? Jean-Pierre Jeunet?
LUC BESSON (17 – Luc Besson, 12 – Jean-Jacques Annaud, 7 – Jean-Pierre Jeunet)
5. Mirror Mirror and Snow White And The Huntsman were both released in which year? 2011? 2012? 2013?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Oceans rise, cities fall, hope survives”? Armageddon? Deep Impact? 2012?
7. The robot in the 2000 film Red Planet is named AMEE. What does AMEE stand for? Autonomous Mapping Exploration and Evasion? Automatic Machine for Excavating Earth? Automated Martian Environment Eroder?
AUTONOMOUS MAPPING EXPLORATION AND EVASION
8. What is the name of the eponymous character, played by Ed Norton, in The Illusionist? Melies? Voronin? Eisenheim?
9. The Fifth Element is set in which year? 2154? 2263? 2371?
2263 (2154 is Avatar, 2379 is Star Trek: Generations)
10. Before Tom Hanks was cast, John Travolta was offered the lead role in The Green Mile but turned it down. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Sid And Nancy / True Romance / Hannibal
Poster: The Book Of Eli
Actor: Gary Oldman