[17 August 2014]
Nan Of The Year
Genre – Mrs. Doubtfire becomes President
The Grand Overlooked Bates Hotel
Genre – Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan try to badly remake three different films
Dead Actor’s Society
Genre – Starring Robin Williams, Lauren Bacall and Mel Gibson’s career
Big Dick’s Halfway-Inn
Genre – One man’s struggle to fill his empty spaces
Genre – Sassy black Santa runs a hotel with hilariously racist overtones; starring Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How many commandments were given to Moses in The Ten Commandments?
2. What colour is C3PO in the Star Wars films (excluding The Phantom Menace)?
3. Cast Away belongs to which genre?
4. What nationality was Mrs. Doubtfire in the film of the same name?
5. The cave of wonders in Aladdin is in the shape of what animal’s head?
6. The term bangarag comes from which 90’s film?
7. In which year did Kenneth Branagh play the title role of Hamlet?
8. The game Jumanji supports how many players on the board?
9. What was the subtitle to the film, FernGully?
THE LAST RAINFOREST
10. Which 2005 best picture winning film starred Matt Dillon, Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Ryan Phillippe and Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges?
ROUND II: Filming [Hotels]
1. Which of the following was set in a hotel? Hotel (2001)? Hotel (1967)? Hotel (2004 German)?
2. The phrase ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy’ features heavily in which film? The Grand Budapest Hotel? Lost in Translation? The Shining?
3. What is the name of Janet Leigh’s character in Psycho? Marion? Caroline? Norma?
4. How many British pensioners seek out the retirement hotel in India, in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel? Six? Seven? Eight?
5. What is the name of the hotel in Home Alone 2? Gramercy Park? Waldorf Astoria? The Plaza?
THE PLAZA HOTEL
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall takes place in which country? Jamaica? Hawaii? Puerto Rico?
7. Over the last ninety five years, how many people have died in the eponymous room 1408? 56? 71? 102?
8. Which of the following appeared in the animated family film, Hotel Transylvania? John Travolta? Steve Buscemi? Michael Keaton?
9. Who directed Maid In Manhattan? Martin Brest? Adam Shankman? Wayne Wang?
10. The role of Grand High Witch in the 1990 film, The Witches, was played by two actresses. While in human form, she was portrayed by Anjelica Huston but when in make-up the performance was given by Cher. True or False?
FALSE (Cher lost out the role to Huston)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In One Hour Photo, Sy’s only real companionship outside of work is his pet. What animal is it?
2. In the 2005 film Robots, what colour is Fender Pinwheeler, voiced by Robin Williams?
3. Which film featured Kenneth Branagh, Bernard Hill, Eddie Izzard and Bill Nighy?
4. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “At the Museum of Natural History, something unnatural is occuring”?
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
5. The following quote is from which film, “Louis XVI wore a fabulous stone that was called the Blue Diamond of the Crown, which disappeared in 1792″?
6. How many films has Robert Rodriguez directed (excluding Four Rooms, including Sin City: A Dame To Kill For)?
7. The Birdcage is a remake of a 1978 film mutually produced by which two European counties? (one point per correct answer)
FRANCE / ITALY
8. What did Sam Mendes direct after American Beauty?
ROAD TO PERDITION
9. Popeye was released in which year?
10. Despite possessing the body of a forty year old, what is the title character’s actual age in Jack?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. In The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen, the Baron’s horse, Bucephalus, is named after the horse of which ancient ruler? Julius Caesar? Alexander The Great? Napoleon Bonaparte?
ALEXANDER THE GREAT
2. Who scored Good Will Hunting? Danny Elfman? Howard Shore? Hans Zimmer?
3. What did Barry Levinson direct after Good Morning, Vietnam? Rain Man? Bugsy? Toys?
4. Dead Poets Society was released in which year? 1987? 1988? 1989?
5. Which of the following did not feature Lauren Bacall? To Have And Have Not? All I Want For Christmas? The Big Sky?
THE BIG SKY
6. What is the name of Robin Williams’ character in The Fisher King? Barry? Larry? Parry?
7. Which letter of the alphabet is used as the codename for the censorship device in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut? Z-Chip? V-Chip? T-Chip?
8. In What Dreams May Come, Chris meets his future wife Annie while on holiday in which country? Switzerland? Austria? Hungary?
9. What was the occupation of Robin Williams’ character in Insomnia? Local police chief? Fishing and tackle shop owner? Crime fiction writer?
CRIME FICTION WRITER
10. The rhino costume in Death To Smoochy had to be changed last minute from purple to orange, to avoid several law suits from Sheryl Leach, the owner of Barney The Dinosaur. True or False?
FALSE (it was actually pink)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Me, Myself & Irene / Cold Mountain / Cinderella Man
Poster: Shark Tale
Actor: Renee Zellweger