[20 July 2014]
Friends Of Prot Pay It Forward
Genre – Science fiction do-good film
Some Damn Good Ribs
Genre – Kevin Spacey turns cannibal
Genre – An alien searches the earth for a solution to his menstrual cycle problems, so that he can do every day activities such as roller-skating, rock climbing and pillow fights
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the villainous king in Richard III?
2. Who directed Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?
3. What colour is Luke’s first lightsaber in Star Wars?
BLUE (arguably the hilt was black and silver)
4. Big Daddy, Little Nicky and Happy Gilmore all starred which actor?
5. Groundhog Day was released in which year?
6. Jigsaw is the name of the killer in which film series?
7. Highlander mostly takes place in which two countries (one point per correct answer)?
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / SCOTALND
8. What animal is the Sheriff of Nottingham in Disney’s Robin Hood?
9. How many films have been released titled Planet Of The Apes?
TWO (1968 / 2001)
10. In the Marvel movie of the same name, what is The Punisher’s logo?
ROUND II: Filming [Kevin Spacey]
1. Which character did Kevin Spacey play in Superman Returns? Superman? Lex Luthor? Perry White?
2. Seven was released in which year? 1995? 1996? 1997?
3. What colour are the ants in A Bug’s Life? Blue? Green? Red?
4. How many men are seen in the line-up in The Usual Suspects? Four? Five? Six?
5. Margin Call is supposed to be set in which year? 1991? 2001? 2008?
6. In Ordinary Decent Criminal, the stolen portrait Michael is unable to fence was painted by whom? Rembrandt? Caravaggio? Picasso?
7. What nickname is given to Sergeant Exley after he apprehends the NiteOwl killers, in LA Confidential? Machine Gun Eddie? Pistol-Packing Edmund? Shotgun Ed?
8. Who directed Glengarry Glen Ross? James Foley? Alan Pakula? Bruno Barreto?
9. Kevin Spacey plays the role of Chris Sabien in which film? The Negotiator? Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil? Outbreak?
10. Despite brandishing his gun in almost every scene in The Ref, Denis Leary’s character only fires it once. True or False?
TRUE (at a smoke alarm)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who played Donald Kimball, the detective hunting Patrick Bateman (in theory), in American Psycho?
2. How many films has Guy Ritchie directed?
SEVEN (Lock Stock, Snatch, Swept Away, Revolver, RocknRolla, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes 2)
3. Who directed the 1986 film Blue Velvet?
4. What are the names of the two lead characters in Superbad? (one point per correct answer)
SETH / EVAN
5. How old is Mathilda in Leon?
6. Which film features Liz Sherman, Abe Sapien and John Myers?
7. What is the subtitle of Terminator 3?
RISE OF THE MACHINES
8. The Mel Brooks spoof Spaceballs was released in which year?
9. Which film starred Kevin Bacon, Keifer Sutherland and Julia Roberts?
10. How many James Bond films featured Roger Moore?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The following quote is from which film, “I eat breakfast 300 yards away from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don’t think for one second that you can come down here, flash a badge and make me nervous”? Rules Of Engagement? A Few Good Men? Behind Enemy Lines?
A FEW GOOD MEN
2. Which of the following did not feature in 1990’s Dick Tracy? Dustin Hoffman? James Caan? Harvey Keitel?
3. My Fair Lady, Mad Max 2, The Colour Purple and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button were all distributed by which studio? Warner Bros.? Universal? Paramount?
4. Which actor made his film debut as Mitch’s son in City Slickers? Jake Gyllenhaal? Elijah Wood? Josh Harnett?
5. In The Karate Kid, what is Mr. Miyagi’s first name? Sato? Toshiro? Kesuke?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Can two friends sleep together and still love each other in the morning”? You’ve Got Mail? When Harry Met Sally? When A Man Loves A Woman?
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
7. What is the entire economy of Swallow Falls based on, in Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs? Beetroot? Milk? Sardines?
8. The 2003 film, Girl With A Pearl Earring, is set in which country? France? Holland? Belgium?
9. What is the title of the film in which an IRS auditor discovers he is the subject of an author’s book? A True Story? It’s My Life? Stranger Than Fiction?
STRANGER THAN FICTION
10. Kevin Spacey was cast to play the villain in The Patriot but after Mel Gibson recouped his 25 million dollar fee, the budget couldn’t accommodate Spacey, so they had to recast. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Gangster Squad / Carlito’s Way / Mystic River
Actor: Sean Penn