[06 July 2014]
Genre – A mafia tale of competing ooze
Genre – A buddy comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In Being John Malkovich, Craig Schwartz finds a door that takes you into the mind of which actor?
2. What is the name of Simba’s uncle in The Lion King?
3. Which prison is the setting for the 1995 action film, The Rock?
4. Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey appeared together in which film?
5. What was the title of the sequel to The Da Vinci Code?
ANGELS AND DEMONS
6. What meal do the two lead dogs iconically share in Lady & The Tramp?
SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
7. What does Antonio Banderas’ character use to store his guns in Desperado?
8. Which two actors play the roles of Special Agent Ashburn and Detective Mullins in The Heat? (one point per correct answer)
SANDRA BULLOCK / MELISSA MCCARTHY
9. Which actor was nominated for her performance as Queen Elizabeth I at the 71st Academy Awards?
10. What was the title of the spin off to The Mummy Returns?
THE SCORPION KING
ROUND II: Filming [Films with ‘goo’ in]
1. What was the subtitle of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II? Back From The Sewers? They’re Back? The Secret Of The Ooze?
THE SECRET OF THE OOZE
2. In X-Men, which character has the ability to spit a toxic goo? Sabretooth? Toad? Cyclops?
3. What colour was The Blob? Green? White? Red?
4. The Thing was released in which year? 1978? 1980? 1982?
5. Where does Peter attempt to propose to Mary Jane in Spider-Man 3? A theatre? A restaurant? A rooftop?
6. The title Flubber is an amalgam of which two words? Flying Rubber? Focused Blubber? Floating Tub?
7. Terminator II is set in which year? 1991? 1993? 1995?
8. Which director wrote the screenplay for Alien Resurrection? Joss Whedon? Shane Black? Jon Favreau?
9. What is the name of the song used to animate the Statue Of Liberty in Ghostbusters II? Lift Me Up? You Raise Me? Higher And Higher?
HIGHER AND HIGHER
10. In Raiders Of The Lost Ark, only three sides (the front, top and side) of the ark prop were actually built. As such, it is almost always filmed from the side or a single corner without the camera moving around it. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Assault On Precinct 13 is a remake of which Western?
2. In Splash, what does Madison transform into?
HUMAN (from a mermaid)
3. What was the name of the main villain in the 2011 film, Captain America?
THE RED SKULL (Johann Schmidt)
4. In which film did Jesus Christ deliver his Sermon On The Mount at Tea Time (according to the on-screen caption)?
MONTY PYTHON’S LIFE OF BRIAN
5. Which film starred James Stewart and Richard Attenborough, then Dennis Quaid and Giovani Ribisi in the same roles in the remake of the same name?
FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX
6. In Big Trouble In Little China, Wo Pan is looking for a girl with what colour eyes?
GREEN / EMERALD
7. Finish the following quote from The Cider House Rules, “Good night you Princes of Maine, you Kings of..”
8. Which Indiana Jones film features the Cross Of Coronado?
INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE
9. What is the name of Robert Neville’s pet dog in I Am Legend?
SAM / SAMANTHA
10. Who directed the 1989 film The Killer?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What nickname is given to the Main Force Patrol in Mad Max? Bronze? Fuzz? Cowboys?
2. What is the name of the sword in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? Green Destiny? Jade Oath Keeper? Emerald Fate Slayer?
3. The Story Of The Kelly Gang was the first film to run over an hour with a solid narrative and is therefore considered the first feature film. In which year was it released? 1897? 1906? 1911?
4. The following was the poster tagline for which film, “Mixing business and girls! Mixing thrills and girls! Mixing danger and girls!”? The Living Daylights? Goldfinger? For Your Eyes Only?
5. What was Orson Welles’ first name? William? Arthur? George?
6. What was Chihiro’s slave name in Spirited Away? Chi-Chi? Toph? Sen?
7. How tall is Arnold Schwarzenegger? 6’2″? 6’4″? 6’6″?
6 FOOT 2 INCHES
8. What colour are the Gingerbread Man’s gumdrop buttons in Shrek? Blue? Purple? Green?
9. The following quote is from which film, “It’s out of control and it’s coming your way. You got about fifteen minutes. Now, they wanna try something. They wanna blow those water tanks two floors above you.”? The Towering Inferno? The Poseidon Adventure? Speed 2: Cruise Control?
THE TOWERING INFERNO
10. A Best Boy is a chief assistant to various departments. If this role is performed by a woman, they are credited Best Girl. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Nixon / Meet Joe Black / Beowulf
Poster: Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Actor: Anthony Hopkins