[08 June 2014]
Dr. Dajovich Hams It Up
Genre – Comedy
The Hammer Is My Penis
Genre – A biopic about the life and times of Captain Hammer
Stop. Hammer Time
Genre – Hip hop horror
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is Alex Murphy’s profession before and after his transformation to Robocop?
2. Which Back To The Future instalment actually takes place in the future?
3. How many uncles does Casper have in the film of the same name?
4. Who composed the score for the Star Wars saga?
5. The Land Before Time is about what kind of creatures?
6. What is the full title of the first Conan film?
CONAN THE BARBARIAN
7. What colour are the British uniforms in Zulu?
8. The Wedding Singer is set in which decade?
9. What colour are the roses before they are painted red in Alice In Wonderland?
10. What are the names of Gomez and Morticia’s children in The Addam’s Family? (one point per correct answer)
PUGSLEY / WEDNESDAY
ROUND II: Filming [Hammer Film Special]
1. Who played the title role in Rasputin: The Mad Monk in 1966? Alec Guinness? Charlton Heston? Christopher Lee?
2. The Hammer version of The Mummy was released in which year? 1957? 1959? 1962?
3. Who played the role of Abby the vampire in Let Me In? Chloe Grace Moretz? Dakota Fanning? AnnaSophia Robb?
CHLOE GRACE MORETZ
4. What was the poster tagline for The Curse Of Frankenstein? ..will haunt you forever? ..will scar your imagination? ..will shock your core?
WILL HAUNT YOU FOREVER
5. What is the name of the lead character in The Woman In Black? Sam? Joseph? Arthur?
6. To avoid confusion with the Universal film, 1958’s Dracula was released in the US under which title? Curse Of Dracula? Horror Of Dracula? Reign Of Dracula?
HORROR OF DRACULA
7. What is the title of the Hammer film about a lone astronaut who survives a rocket journey but is infected with a parasitic alien life-form which can absorb matter? X The Unknown? Moon Zero Two? The Quatermass Xperiment?
THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT
8. The role of the werewolf in 1961’s The Curse Of The Werewolf was the first credited appearance of which actor? Oliver Reed? Albert Finney? Peter O’Toole?
9. Which of the following was not one of the prominent Hammer directors? Terence Fisher? John Gilling? Robert Bresson?
10. Hammer regulars Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee are cousins. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Darren Aronofsky has directed six films. Name them. (one point per correct answer)
PI / REQUIEM FOR A DREAM / THE FOUNTAIN / THE WRESTLER / BLACK SWAN / NOAH
2. What is the prince’s name in Beauty & The Beast?
3. Who directed The Conversation, Peggy Sue Got Married and Jack?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
4. How many films have featured Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock?
TWO (Speed, The Lake House)
5. Rick Deckard is the lead character in which film?
6. How many types of bugs are seen in Starship Troopers?
SIX (Arachnids, Brain Bug, Spy Bug, Plasma Bug, Hopper Bug, Chariot Bug)
7. What is the eponymous Private Ryan’s first name in Saving Private Ryan?
8. Who directed Carlito’s Way?
BRIAN DE PALMA
9. At the start of Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, Jones learns that his father was searching for the Holy Grail in which city?
10. The following quote is from which film, “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it”?
MEN IN BLACK
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. In which film did Robin Williams play a fictional President Of The United States? Man Of The Year? World’s Greatest Dad? The Birdcage?
MAN OF THE YEAR
2. What is the title of the hostage film starring Samuel L. Jackson and Nicolas Cage? Amos And Andrew? The Negotiator? Zandalee?
AMOS AND ANDREW
3. Who directed The Wizard Of Oz? Michael Curtiz? Henry King? Victor Fleming?
4. Which of the following is not a Godzilla foe? Rodan? Bacillus? Ghidorah?
5. Martin Scorsese’s The Age Of Innocence was released in which year? 1991? 1993? 1995?
6. What is the name of the leper king in Kingdom Of Heaven? Godfrey? Baldwin? Amalric? [bonus point for naming the uncredited actor who played the role]
BALDWIN [Ed Norton]
7. Who does Peter leave in charge when he leaves Neverland at the end of Hook? No Naps? Pockets? Thud Butt?
8. What did the Coens direct in 2001? O Brother, Where Art Thou? The Man Who Wasn’t There? Intolerable Cruelty?
THE MAN WHO WASN’T THERE
9. The opening scenes of Prometheus were filmed in which country? Iceland? Greenland? Canada?
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are siblings. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Wild Hogs / Bolt / Get Shorty
Poster: Look Who’s Talking Now
Actor: John Travolta