[13 April 2014]
Orlando, The Witch And Michael Clayton Need To Talk About Kevin
Genre – A transgender legal fantasy about paedophobia
We Need To Talk About Coming Up With A Team Name
Genre – What rhymes with Tilda?
Gurn After Reading
Genre – Coming of age horror. After reading a haunted book, its readers are subjected to a lifetime of gurning
<We Need To Talk About Woody
Genre – Toy Story sequel
Can You Hear The Drums Orlando
Genre – Virginia Wolf celebrates 40 years since ABBA won Eurovision
Genre – Science fiction: Earth’s final chapter
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Harrison Ford played Han Solo in Star Wars: A New Hope. Who played the same character in the sequels?
2. What colour is the genie in Disney’s Aladdin?
3. What make of car is used during the robbery in The Italian Job?
MINIS (and Ford Thomas)
4. Johnny Depp starred alongside which actress in 2004’s Finding Neverland?
5. I Just Can’t Wait To Be King, Be Prepared and Can You Feel The Love Tonight are all songs from which film?
THE LION KING
6. The T-Birds and The Pink Ladies are social groups in which film?
7. How many businessmen go on a canoe trip in Deliverance?
FOUR (Lewis, Ed, Bobby, Drew)
8. Which actor has played Charles Bronson, Bane and a clone of Captain Jean Luc Picard?
9. Yul Brynner and Charlton Heston starred alongside each other in which Bible epic?
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
10. Who directed Rebecca, The Man Who Knew Too Much and North By Northwest?
ROUND II: Filming [Tilda Swinton Special]
1. What is the name of Eva’s son in We Need To Talk About Kevin? Kevin? Calvin? Kieran?
2. Which angel does Tilda Swinton play in Constantine? Raphael? Gabriel? Michael?
3. The Beach was released in which year? 1998? 1999? 2000?
4. Which of the following Wes Anderson films did not feature Tilda Swinton? The Royal Tenenbaums? Moonrise Kingdom? The Grand Budapest Hotel?
THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS
5. Who directed Broken Flowers? Andrew Stanton? Jim Jarmusch? Spike Jonze?
6. The 2010 film I Am Love is presented in which language? French? Spanish? Italian?
ITALIAN (Lo Sono L’amore)
7. What is the name of the white witch in The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe? Jadis? Aravis? Hwin?
8. What is Michael looking at when his car explodes at the start of Michael Clayton? Children? Horses? The sea?
9. Who composed the score for The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button? Carter Burwell? Mark Isham? Alexandre Desplat?
10. All the lead characters in Burn After Reading were written specifically for the actors that ended up playing them. Except for Tilda Swinton. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is Jean Val-Jean’s serial number in Les Miserables?
2. Which actor appeared in The Picture Of Dorian Gray, The Machurian Candidate and Bedknobs And Broomsticks?
3. How many films have Ventura and Schwarzenegger both appeared in?
4. Who directed Beverley Hills Cop II, Crimson Tide and Spy Game?
5. Finish this iconic film quote, “A census taker once tried to test me..”
I ATE HIS LIVER WITH SOME FAVA BEANS AND A NICE CHIANTI
6. How many students set out to the cabin in The Evil Dead?
7. In Ghost, after Oda Mae has emptied the bank account of four million dollars, she is instructed to give the cheque to whom?
NUNS RAISING MONEY FOR A HOMELESS SHELTER
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “They’ve saved the best trip for last.. but this time they may have gone too far”?
BACK TO THE FUTURE: PART III
9. What is the name of Sarah’s favourite book that she is reciting passages from at the start of Labyrinth?
10. In Kill Bill: Volume 1 forty one characters are killed on-screen. How many characters are killed on-screen in Kill Bill: Vol 2?
THREE (Budd, Bill, Pai Mei)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The 1985 film Clue was shipped to cinemas with one of three different endings. How were these endings publicly named? 1 2 3? A B C? Murder Death Kill?
A B C
2. What was the name of the transatlantic ship that picked up Rose’s lifeboat at the end of Titanic? RMS Mauretania? RMS Carpathia? SS Californian?
3. In Zombieland, Columbus’ first zombie kill is a female student from his building. She doesn’t have a name and is always referred to by her room number. What’s the number? 208? 301? 406?
4. Which of the following films does not feature the character Virgil Tibbs? In The Heat Of The Night? The Whisperers? The Organisation?
5. What was the first film scored by Academy Award winner Steven Price? Real Steel? Attack The Block? Resident Evil: Retribution?
ATTACK THE BLOCK
6. What is Jacob’s surname in Jacob’s Ladder? Angel? Mort? Singer?
7. The word fuck is said 135 times throughout In The Loop. How many of these are said specifically by Malcolm Tucker? 32? 86? 128?
8. Frank Oz’s Little Shop Of Horrors was released in which year? 1984? 1986? 1988?
9. Doglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, Charlie Chaplin and D.W. Griffith founded which film studio in 1919? RKO Pictures? Columbia Pictures? United Artists?
10. The Terminator is littered with sound errors, such as an assault rifle sound being used for a shotgun, high heels for trainers and several gunshots that have no sound effects. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: A Fish Called Wanda / Chaplin / A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Poster: The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Actor: Kevin Kline