[02 March 2014]
Revenge Is A Dangerous Motive
Genre – Fantasy adventure involving cats
The Castration Of Jesse James By The Coward Roberta Ford
Genre – The clue is pretty much in the title
Genre – Baby making without Gravity in a lift
I Spit On Your Gravity
Genre – Steve McQueen relentlessly pursues the man who pillaged him
Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold
Genre – Suffragettes exact revenge on men who insist they belong in the kitchen by sabotaging meals
No Country For Old Women
Genre – Soft porn
Time Bandit Queens
Genre – Six cross dressing dwarves travel through time avenging people who look down on them
A Time To Chill
Genre – Lawyers on prozac
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Name the film in which Patrick Swayze plays a ghost.
2. How many Toy Story films have been made to date?
3. What is the name of Butch Cassidy’s partner?
THE SUNDANCE KID
4. Tony Stark goes by which superhero alias?
5. Who directed The Prestige?
6. Which actor was nicknamed The Duke?
7. What is used as a source of power in Monsters Inc?
SCREAMS / LAUGHTER
8. The Breakfast Club was released in which year?
9. What type of animal is Dunston, in Dunston Checks In?
10. Who does Stephen the Irishman claim he can talk to, in Braveheart?
ROUND II: Filming [Films in which women exact revenge on men]
1. What was the title of the remake of I Spit On Your Grave? Look Who’s Spitting On Your Grave? I Spit On Your Grave? Grave Spitters?
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
2. When released as a single film (rather than in two parts), what was the subtitle of Kill Bill? The Bride’s Tale? The Whole Bloody Affair? The Vengeance Special?
THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR
3. What is the name of the fourth friend (played by Stockard Channing who dies at the start of the film) in The First Wives Club? Cynthia? Elise? Annie?
4. What is Carrie’s surname in the film of the same name? Collins? White? Nolan?
5. Other than black, which colour is seen most on the Jurassic Park poster? White? Red? Amber?
6. Who starred in the lead role in The Brave One? Nicole Kidman? Jodie Foster? Renee Russo?
7. Christopher Walken’s character in Batman Returns is named after the actor Max Schreck, who famously appeared in which silent film? The Birth Of A Nation? Nosferatu? The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari?
8. What is in the sack in the middle of Asami’s apartment, in Audition? Five cats and two dogs? A mutilated man? A bomb?
A MUTILATED MAN
9. Which of the following served as a producer on Kick-Ass? Guy Ritchie? Brad Pitt? Robert De Niro?
10. In addition to the standard edition of Lady Vengeance, there is a Fade To White version, which starts off in full colour and desaturates as the film progresses until it is completely black and white at the end. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What does Kee name her new-born son, in Children Of Men?
DYLAN (named after Theo’s son)
2. The following quote is from which film, “Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away”?
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
3. In (500) Days Of Summer, Summer and Tom’s relationship ends after watching The Graduate. On what day does this take place?
4. The Nite Owl killings in LA Confidential are named after what?
THE SCENE OF THE CRIME
5. In The Shining, which letters of REDRUM are written backward? (one point per correct answer)
D / R
6. In 1989 Michael Mann directed L.A. Takedown, then remade it years later as what?
7. The memory erasing firm Lacuna Inc are the central company in which 2004 film?
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
8. What is the nationality of the deceased members of the second Antarctic research station, in The Thing?
9. What is the generic term given to the fictional flying cars seen throughout Blade Runner?
10. The consigliere is used several time in The Godfather. Spell consigliere. (one point if close, two points if accurate)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played the title role in Dr Zhivago? Rod Steiger? Alec Guinness? Omar Sharif?
2. What is the name of the newspaper in Delicatessen? Bleak News? The Black Mirror? Hard Times?
3. How many minutes pass before anyone speaks in 2001: A Space Odyssey? 15? 20? 25?
4. What are Jeffries’ (played by James Stewart) initials in Rear Window? TD? LB? SC?
5. The following quote is from which film, “I never thought I’d live to see eighteen. Isn’t that dumb? Every day I look in the mirror and say, ‘What, you still here?'”? Sixteen Candles? Rebel Without A Cause? Varsity Blues?
REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE
6. What is the name of Sam Spade’s ill-fated partner in The Maltese Falcon? Fred Dobbs? Miles Archer? Philip Marlowe?
7. O Brother, Where Art Thou? is set in which year? 1937? 1939? 1941?
8. Who directed The Seventh Seal? Ingmar Bergman? Werner Herzog? Erich Engel?
9. In the Ealing comedy, The Man In The White Suit, what does Sidney Stratton (played by Alec Guinness) invent? Fibre that repels dirt? Radio for talking to God? The padded cell?
FIBRE THAT REPELS DIRT
10. Whilst filming Angels With Dirty Faces, the six Dead End Kids once cornered Humphrey Bogart and stole his trousers. True or False?
TRUE (they stopped acting up when Cagney hit a few of them)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Witches Of Eastwick / Thelma & Louise / Dead Man Walking
Poster: The Client
Actor: Susan Sarandon