[30 March 2014]
Genre – Investigative documentary/disaster movie
The Men Who Stare At Pussies
Genre – Thriller about make-up artists who make people up to look like cats
Cats In America
Genre – A perfect coming of age comic-book caper.
Cat On A Cold Metal Floor
Genre – Veterinary porn
Genre – An alien clown falls in love with a computer
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How is Ted Danson’s character related to Macaulay Culkin’s character in Getting Even With Dad?
2. What type of animal is Flipper?
3. Who played the role of Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk?
4. What is the name of the character that introduces the title characters to the time travelling phone booth, in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
5. In Meet Joe Black, Brad Pitt plays death. Who plays the elderly gentleman he has come to collect?
6. There’s Something About Mary was released in which year?
7. Jailbird is the name of prisoner transport plane in which film?
8. Who directed the 2007 science fiction Sunshine?
9. The Last Emperor is Bertolucci’s biopic about the last Emperor of which country?
10. Which seasonal holiday are Steve Martin and John Candy trying to get home for in Planes, Trains And Automobiles?
ROUND II: Filming [Films which feature cats in prominent roles]
1. Mr. Bigglesworth appears in which film series? Iron Man? Twilight? Austin Powers?
2. What was the name of the cat in the 1965 film That Darn Cat? BC? TC? DC?
3. In An American Tail, the Mousekewitzes emigrate to which US city? Washington? Atlanta? New York City?
NEW YORK CITY
4. Who voiced the character of Puss In Boots in Shrek II? Gael Garcia Bernal? Rodrigo Santoro? Antonio Banderas?
5. The 1993 film Homeward Bound was a remake of a 1963 film. What was the title? Rainbow Valley? And Then It Happened? The Incredible Journey?
THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY
6. Which of the following was the main poster tagline for Cats & Dogs? Whose your best friend? Witness the secret war? Things are going to get hairy?
THINGS ARE GOING TO GET HAIRY
7. In Whisper Of The Heart, what colour is the Baron’s polka-dot bowtie? Black/Gold? White/Green? Red/Yellow?
8. The Aristocats (1970) was made on a budget of how many million dollars? 2? 3? 4?
FOUR MILLION DOLLARS
9. What was the title of the first film to be released on blu-ray before DVD? Oliver & Company? Little Fockers? Bolt?
10. Jones the cat is mentioned or referenced in all four of the Alien movies. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which film featured Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Will Ferrell?
JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK
2. How many times does Robert De Niro say “You talkin’ to me?” throughout his monologue in Taxi Driver?
FOUR (Don’t try it, you fucker. You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin’ to? You talkin’ to me? Well, I’m the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you’re talking to?)
3. What did Stanley Kubrick direct in 1975?
4. By what name is the actor Kong-Sang Chan more commonly known?
5. Who played the role of D’Artagnan in the 1921, 1973 and 1993 adaptations of The Three Musketeers? [one point per correct answer]
DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS / MICHAEL YORK / CHRIS O’DONNELL
6. What was the name to the three shark props in Jaws?
7. Which actor replaced Vin Diesel in the xXx sequel?
ICE CUBE / O’SHEA JACKSON
8. What is the title of the 80’s film in which John Cusack’s character contemplates and has a few attempts at suicide?
BETTER OF DEAD
9. What is Lloyd Christmas’ job at the start of Dumb & Dumber?
10. Which film featured John Cleese, Whoopi Goldberg and Cuba Gooding Jnr?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors is not Canadian? Dan Aykroyd? Michael Cera? Judd Nelson?
2. In which film did Audrey Hepburn say “I hate this nightgown. I hate all my nightgowns. And I hate all my underwear too”? Breakfast At Tiffany’s? My Fair Lady? Roman Holiday?
3. During The Machinist, Reznik is reading which book by Dostoyevsky? The Double? The Brothers Karamazov? The Idiot?
4. Who wrote the screenplay for Patton? George Lucas? Brian De Palma? Francis Ford Coppola?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
5. Which of the following actors has played Marc Anthony, Buffalo Bill, Henry VIII and a monkey? Kirk Douglas? Richard Burton? Charlton Heston?
6. On the poster for The Cannonball Run the lead characters are grouped around a red car, two race flags and a speed limit sign. What is the speed limit written on the sign? 35? 45? 55?
7. What is the name of the rating site Zuckerberg constructs at the start of The Social Network? Facepad? Faceblend? Facemash?
8. For the downpour scenes in Rashomon, Kurosawa noted the rain wouldn’t be seen by the camera. How did he get around this issue? Used large mirrors to reflect the rain drops? A glass pane was erected in front of the camera to catch and stream the rain? He died the local water supply black and used that?
BLACK INK WAS ADDED TO THE WATER
9. Which Steve Martin comedy is a remake of 1964’s Bedtime Story? The Jerk? House Sitter? Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?
DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS
10. Paul Thomas Anderson was locked in contract to direct a sequel to Magnolia but adapted most of the story into Punch-Drunk Love instead. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Armageddon / The Perfect Storm / Equilibrium
Poster: Quiz Show
Actor: William Fichtner