[16 February 2014]
Very Blunt And More Chronic
Genre – Not very super heroic people trying their best
Come On Eileen
Genre – A Clerks’ porn order
The Film Quiz Master
Genre – Jason Mewes will be dead in less than ten years
Mallrats 2: The Rat Of Mall Street
Genre – Naturistic documentary
Clerks Chase Amy To The Red State Mall
Genre – Religious chase thriller
Death To Snoochy Boochy’s
Genre – Robin Williams as a clown trying to crack down on drugs
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Philip Seymour Hoffman won an Oscar for his role as Truman Capote in which film?
2. What colour is Indiana Jones’ hat?
3. With which film would you associate the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?
4. What is Patch Adams’ profession in the film of the same name?
5. Philip Seymour Hoffman played the lead villain in which Mission: Impossible film?
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III
6. What is the name of Han Solo’s ship in the Star Wars trilogy?
7. Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in which country?
8. What is the name of the 1965 musical in which Julie Andrews plays a nun?
THE SOUND OF MUSIC
9. Cold Mountain is set during which military conflict?
US CIVIL WAR
10. What are the respective first names of the Blues brothers, in the film of the same name? (one point per correct answer)
JAKE / ELWOOD
ROUND II: Filming [Jay & Silent Bob special]
1. The characters Jay and Silent Bob make their first appearance in which film? Clerks? Die Hard? The Searchers?
2. Which of the following actors does not play the role of Jay? Jason Lee? Jason Mewes? James Van Der Beek?
3. Chasing Amy was released in which year? 1995? 1997? 1999?
4. Three of the four members of the group of international jewel thieves in Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back are Chrissy, Missy and Sissy. What is the name of the fourth? Liberty? Justice? Lizzie?
5. In which film does Silent Bob say, “I got nothing”? Mallrats? Clerks II? Dogma?
6. What are Jay and Silent Bob’s superhero aliases? Bluntman and Chronic? Diddler and The Spliff? Captain Doobage and Reefer?
BLUNTMAN AND CHRONIC
7. What device is used to kill Azrael in Dogma? Hockey stick? Pool cue? Golf club?
8. What is the name of the mall in Mallrats? Eden Prairie Centre Mall? Monmouth Mall? Bannister Mall?
EDEN PRAIRIE CENTRE MALL
9. The posters for Clerks II were marketed with which of the following colour combinations? Red, Blue, Pink? Orange, Purple, Green? Yellow, White, Silver?
ORANGE, PURPLE, GREEN
10. In addition to cameoing in Scream 3, Kevin Smith signed a deal with Miramax for Jay and Silent Bob to appear in Chocolat and She’s All That as well. But the directors refused claiming it would disrupt their respective stories. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Over his career, Philip Seymour Hoffman appeared in 29 dramas, 21 comedies and 1 animated film. What was the animated film?
MARY AND MAX
2. The following quote is from which film, “He recorded every word you said. His memories are admissible as evidence. You involved me, you’re gonna have to kill it”?
3. Al Pacino won his only Oscar for which film?
SCENT OF A WOMAN
4. What is the name given to Jo’s custom device for studying the internal structure of a tornado, in Twister? [bonus point for naming how many of these devices there are]
5. What is the title of the only Paul Thomas Anderson film that does not feature Philip Seymour Hoffman?
THERE WILL BE BLOOD
6. The following are poster taglines for which film, “How far would you go to become someone else” “Everybody should have one talent, what’s yours?” “It’s better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody”?
THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY
7. What colour is the rug that Jeff steals in The Big Lebowski?
8. Which actor has appeared in more Alfred Hitchcock films than anyone else?
9. What is the more common name for the annual awards given by the Academy Of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films since 1972?
10. Which film stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy, John C. Reilly, Julianne Moore, Alfred Molina and Robert Downey Snr?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of Flint’s pet monkey in Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs? Jerry? Steve? George?
2. Who directed 2002’s Red Dragon? Rob Cohen? Paul Verhoeven? Brett Ratner?
3. In Punch-Drunk Love, Barry is trying to save for one million frequent flier miles by purchasing mass quantities of what? Handheld fans? Pudding? Toilet Paper?
4. Why does Andy Hanson embezzle money from his real estate firm, in Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead? Pay off blackmailers? Feed drug habit? Fund growing child support?
FEED DRUG HABIT
5. The first lie committed in The Invention Of Lying, is correcting a bank clerk on how much money is in Mark Bellison’s account. How much does he claim to have? $800? $1000? $1200?
EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS
6. Of its four Oscar nominations, how many did Doubt win? 0? 2? 4?
7. The following quote is from which Hoffman film, “It doesn’t matter what you thought, it matters what you did. It matters what you didn’t do”? The Ides Of March? Moneyball? The Hunger Games: Catching Fire?
THE IDES OF MARCH
8. Philip Seymour Hoffman’s character in Charlie Wilson’s War, Gust Avrakotos, is a member of which intelligence bureau? FBI? CIA? NSA?
9. How many times is the word fuck used in Monty’s five minute mirror monologue in 25th Hour? 40? 50? 60?
10. Before financing had to be reacquired and The Master was delayed, Jeremy Renner was cast in the role of Freddy (later played by Joaquin Phoenix). True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Apollo 13 / Tombstone / Thunderbirds
Poster: Near Dark
Actor: Bill Paxton