[10 November 2013]
Star Trek Into The Dark Avenger’s Skyfall
Genre – Erotic sci-fi thriller
Genre – The awesome adventures of Thor
Genre – Giant lady ensnares criminals in her snatch. Family fun with a kung-fu twist
Avengers II: No Disassemble
Genre – Iron Man & Johnny 5 battle for robot supremacy with sexy results
Nightmare On Sesame Street II: Elmo’s Revenge
Genre – Lame puppet horror sequel
Crystals Are Not For Everyone
Genre – Thriller
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The documentary filmmakers in Anaconda are terrorised by which breed of snake?
2. Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem was marketed with which acronym?
3. How many individuals make up the title crew in the 2010 film The A-Team?
4. Happy Gilmore is about which two sports? (one point per correct answer)
GOLF / ICE HOCKEY
5. Das Boot takes place on which military vehicle?
6. Which three actors play the roles of the Apollo 13 crew, in Apollo 13? (one point per correct answer)
TOM HANKS / BILL PAXTON / KEVIN BACON
7. Which film stars Kevin Spacey as a man suffering a mid-life crisis, who becomes infatuated with his teenage daughter’s cheerleader friend?
8. What is the name of the indigenous population of Pandora, in Avatar?
9. Which actor starred in Carlito’s Way, Mystic River and Gangster Squad?
10. Bob Harris is promoting Suntory Whiskey in which city, in Lost In Translation?
ROUND II: Filming [Films in which villains get caught on purpose Special]
1. Which actor plays the role of John Harrison in Star Trek Into Darkness? Chris Pine? Bruce Greenwood? Benedict Cumberbatch?
2. Die Hard 2 takes place in what kind of building? Skyscraper? Airport? Bank?
3. Who is Clyde Shelton avenging when he targets the US justice system, in Law Abiding Citizen? His wife and daughter? His wife and son? His parents?
WIFE AND DAUGHTER
4. The opening scene of Skyfall takes place in which city? Budapest? Prague? Istanbul?
5. Which character said the following quote, in The Dark Knight Rises, “You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak”? Bane? Blind prisoner? John Daggett?
6. How many years has Ripley been in stasis when she is picked up by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, in Aliens? 57? 67? 77?
7. What is John Doe’s apartment number in Se7en? 235? 497? 604?
SIX ZERO FOUR
8. Which of the following was not one of the scripted masked robbers during the opening scene of The Dark Knight? Chuckles? Dopey? Bobo?
9. How many of the Avengers team debuted in The Avengers (meaning no prior appearances by that character)? 0? 1? 2?
10. The keyring to Colm Meaney’s car in Con Air has a Star Trek insignia on it, as an homage to his role as Miles O’Brien. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which actor has played a Nazi, a holocaust survivor, a wizard, a king, a polar bear and death?
2. What was the full title of the 2007 western starring Casey Affleck and Brad Pitt as Jesse James?
THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD
3. All Quiet On The Western Front has been adapted for cinema twice, name the years of release. (one point per correct answer)
1930 / 1979
4. In the 2010 adaptation of Alice In Wonderland, which character was used most to market the film?
THE MAD HATTER
5. What is the title of the only sequel in which Jim Carrey reprised a role?
ACE VENTURA: WHEN NATURE CALLS
6. What is Annie Wilkes’ profession in Misery?
7. The following quote is from which film, “Do you know what it’s like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot? Of course you don’t, no one does. It never happens.”?
8. The Departed is a remake of which Hong Kong film?
9. How many of Alfred Hitchcock’s films were set in San Francisco?
THREE (Shadow Of A Doubt, Vertigo, The Birds)
10. Finish the following quote, “For thirty years under the Borgias the Italians had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love and five hundred years of democracy and peace. And what did they produce?” [bonus point for naming the film]
THE CUCKOO CLOCK [The Third Man]
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which Doctor Who actor played Rasputin in the 1971 epic Nicholas and Alexandra? Patrick Troughton? Sylvester McCoy? Tom Baker?
2. What was the title of the animated film Disney released in 2001? Treasure Planet? Atlantis: The Lost Empire? Brother Bear?
ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE
3. Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman was released in which year? 1958? 1961? 1967?
4. How many films has Mel Gibson directed? 4? 5? 6?
5. The spider in Arachnophobia is finally killed by Jeff Daniels with a combination of fire and which hardware tool? Angle grinder? Nail gun? Soldering iron?
6. Alive was released in 1993 but set in which year? 1968? 1970? 1972?
7. What did Spike Jonze direct after Being John Malkovich? Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind? Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind? Adaptation?
8. In Aladdin, what does Abu touch that causes the cave of wonders to collapse? Emerald? Ruby? Saphire?
9. After his time in prison, Robbie is shipped off to join the army and fight in which country, in Atonement? France? Germany? Belgium?
10. Syrup was used to apply wigs to the six month old twins playing Elora in Willow. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest / Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade / The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King
Actor: Bruce Willis