[27 October 2013]
Han And Chewie Get The Lethal Munchies
Genre – Sci-fi horror in which the heroes of the rebellion become zombies
Carrie On Up The Pumpkin King
Genre – A sexual inuendo fuelled horror comedy
A Nightmare On Sesame Street
Genre – Puppet horror
Genre – Who is the masked fiend making mincemeat of sausage dogs? Crossover
Genre – Smack-talking, badass Dracula. ‘Nuff said
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the title of the 2011 prequel to John Carpenter’s The Thing?
2. In which film series does the killer Jigsaw imprison people and force them to mutilate themselves or perish?
3. Nosferatu, Dracula and Fright Night are about what type of creature?
4. Where is Dawn Of The Dead mostly set?
A SHOPPING MALL
5. Excluding the remake, how many Evil Dead films were made?
6. Which studio made most of the big horror classics of the thirties and forties?
7. Who is the killer in Final Destination?
8. What was the first name of the title character in Corpse Bride?
9. The poster tagline Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid spawned from which 1986 film?
10. Frankenstein’s Monster, Imhotep, Dr. Henry Jekyll and Mr. Hyde were all played by which actor?
ROUND II: Filming [Buddy Films Special]
1. Which of the following actors played the (sort of) title role in Midnight Cowboy? Jon Voight? Dustin Hoffman? Al Pacino?
2. What is the name of Samuel L. Jackson’s character in Die Hard With A Vengeance? Jesus? Deuce? Zeus?
3. What is the name of the gang in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid? Foot in the sand? Hole in the wall? Bird in the sky?
HOLE IN THE WALL
4. The final scene in Thelma & Louise takes place at which American landmark? The grand canyon? Mount Rushmore? Yosemite National Park?
THE GRAND CANYON
5. Who plays the villain Kirgo in See No Evil, Hear No Evil? Kevin Costner? Kevin Spacey? Kevin Bacon?
6. What was Reggie arrested for in 48 Hours? First degree murder? Indecent exposure? Armed robbery?
7. What was the title of the film considered to be the first buddy movie? Huck and Tom? Sons Of The Desert? Buck Privates?
HUCK AND TOM (1917)
8. Buddy films were comedies until Akira Kurosawa released Stray Dog (when the genre changed to cops/crime) in which year? 1944? 1949? 1952?
9. Which of the following wasn’t offered the role of J in Men In Black? Chris O’Donnell? David Schwimmer? Jim Carey?
10. Brett Ratner believed that US audiences wouldn’t be familiar with Jackie Chan’s Hong Kong movies, so he recycled most of the physical fights and gags in Rush Hour from previous films. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was the first feature film with a computer-animated title character?
2. How many other horror movies are named in Scream?
SIXTEEN (including two characters who share the title of their films i.e. Casper and Candy Man)
3. What trilogy did Kenny Ortega direct after Hocus Pocus (13 years later)?
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
4. The following was the poster tagline for which film, Nut Up Or Shut Up?
5. Mitch Brenner and Melanie Daniels are the lead characters in which horror film?
6. What is Tommy afraid of in Halloween?
7. Where is Damien’s 666 birthmark, in The Omen?
SCALP, UNDER HIS HAIR
8. What was the name of the actor who played Freddy Krueger in the original Nightmare On Elm Street films?
9. What is the name of Danny’s imaginary friend (or the boy who lives in his mouth) in The Shining?
10. In The Fog, the townsfolk of Antonia Bay sank the Elizabeth Dane on which day in April?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following was not directed by James Whale? Bride Of Frankenstein? The Invisible Man? The Wolf Man?
THE WOLF MAN
2. How many people are in the cellar when Ben and Barbara arrive at the farm house in Night Of The Living Dead? 4? 5? 6?
3. Crystal Lake is the setting for which horror film? Friday The 13th? I Still Know What You Did Last Summer? The Hills Have Eyes?
FRIDAY THE 13TH
4. Which of the following is not one of the effects of magic using, in The Craft? Finding several dead sharks? Being struck by lightning? Bleeding from the eyes?
BLEEDING FROM THE EYES
5. The following quote is from which film, “It’s my fault, I should have known if a guy like me talked to a girl like you, somebody would end up dead”? Wolf Creek? Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil? Wrong Turn?
TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL
6. What was the name of the witch in The Blair Witch Project? Elly Kedward? Rustin Parr? Sally Burkitt?
7. The opening scene of The Exorcist takes place in which country? Iran? Israel? Iraq?
8. Which of the following was not on the betting pool board in The Cabin In The Woods? Sexy witches? Brian? Angry molesting tree?
BRIAN (although there was a Kevin)
9. After leaving London, Jim, Selena, Frank and Hannah head to which city, in 28 Days Later? Manchester? Liverpool? Newcastle?
10. 2006’s Slither contains no CGI whatsoever. The entire film was achieved through prosthetics and props. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Bride Of Frankenstein / The Wolf Man / The Mummy
Poster: The Creature From The Black Lagoon
Actor: Bela Lugosi