[13 October 2013]
The Hunger Shames
Genre – Michael Fassbender’s wang does battle with other wangs (with sexy results)
Genre – He vends asses. And arses. Christmas comedy.
Purple Rain Man
Genre – Autistic Musical
The Fass And The Furious
Genre – Comedy
Fassmember – Longer, Harder & Uncut
Genre – RomCom
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which Bond film features the Tina Turner song, Goldeneye?
2. What is the subtitle of the third Lord Of The Rings film?
THE RETURN OF THE KING
3. Who is Peter Pan’s nemesis in the film of the same name?
4. What were the names of the four lead characters in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? (one point per correct answer)
LEONARDO / DONATELLO / RAPHAEL / MICHAELANGEO
5. Take Me Out To The Ball Game, Field Of Dreams and Ed are all films about which sport?
6. Which two words link these film titles: Matron, Cleo, Up The Khyber?
7. What did Guy Ritchie direct before Sherlock Holmes?
8. Which actor appeared in Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Alice In Wonderland and Terminator Salvation?
HELENA BONHAM CARTER
9. The following quote is from which film/s, “Hello Clarice”?
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS / HANNIBAL
10. Name any film directed by Terrence Malick. [bonus point for least common answer]
BADLANDS / DAYS OF HEAVEN / THE THIN RED LINE / THE NEW WORLD / THE TREE OF LIFE / TO THE WONDER
ROUND II: Filming [Michael Fassbender Special]
1. How many Spartans make a stand against Xerxes in 300? 299? 300? 301?
301 (including Leonidas)
2. What is the nickname given to Colonel Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds? The Hawk? Jew Hunter? Detective Bingo?
3. In, X-Men: First Class, when playing chess against Charles, what colour pieces is Erik Lensherr using? Black? White? Tinted Glass?
4. Who directed A Dangerous Method? Darren Aronofsky? David Lynch? David Cronenberg?
5. What year was Jane Eyre released (the Fassbender version, as opposed to the novel)? 2012? 2011? 2010?
6. What is the name of Fassbender’s character in Hunger? Bobby Sands? Dominic Moran? Stephen Graves?
7. Centurion is based on which Roman legend? The treaty between Carthage and Rome? The last days of Pompeii? Massacre of the Ninth Legion?
MASSACRE OF THE NINTH LEGION
8. Aidan Quinn plays which US President in Jonah Hex? Abraham Lincoln? Ulysses S. Grant? Andrew Jackson?
ULYSSES S. GRANT
9. The first and last scenes of Shame take place where? On a subway train? In a hotel room? In a bar?
ON A SUBWAY TRAIN
10. The names of the androids in the Alien films (including Prometheus) follow an alphabetical pattern. True or False?
TRUE (Ash, Bishop, Call, David)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Bud and Lou were the first names of which comedy duo?
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO
2. What colour was the Scarecrow’s hat in The Wizard Of Oz?
3. Yul Brynner was born in which country?
RUSSIA [Yuliy Borisovich Briner]
4. Where does the Dread Pirate Roberts finally catch up with and fight Vizzini, Fezzick and Inigo, in The Princess Bride?
THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY
5. What happens to the bear in Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan?
HE IS KILLED AND HIS DECAPITATED HEAD IS STORED IN A MINI-FRIDGE
6. In which film is an ex-wrestler hired as a bodyguard for a weapons designer’s children, who play elaborate pranks on their carer?
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film: Mischief, Mayhem, Soap?
8. In Easy Rider, Billy and Wyatt set out from and head for which US cities? (one point per correct answer)
LOS ANGELES / NEW ORLEANS
9. Renton and Spud are arrested after stealing from which type of shop, in Trainspotting?
10. Which band do Garth and Wayne go to see in concert at the start of Wayne’s World 2?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the title of the first film sequel? The Fall Of A Nation? Bride Of Frankenstein? In The Navy?
THE FALL OF A NATION
2. Marion Robert Morrison was the real name of which actor? Lee Marvin? John Wayne? Donald Sutherland?
3. What colour was the Probe 16 car (referred to as a Duango 95) in A Clockwork Orange? Green? Orange? Grey?
4. What is the name of Richard O’Brien’s character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Riff Raff? Eddie? Malbert?
5. Which of the following was not directed by Nicholas Ray? In A Lonely Place? Key Largo? Rebel Without A Cause?
6. Which Paul Newman film features the following quote “I knew you couldn’t drive, I didn’t think you couldn’t read”? Winning? Road To Perdition? Cars?
7. What is the name of Peter’s colleague who shares his name with a singer, in Office Space? Michael Bolton? George Michael? John Lennon?
8. How old does Mitch Robbins turn at the start of City Slickers? 38? 39? 40?
9. Bonnie And Clyde featured a small supporting role which was the cinematic debut for which actor? Al Pacino? Christopher Reeve? Gene Wilder?
10. The term prop is an abbreviation of Proper Acting Tool. True or False?
FALSE (theatrical property)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Avengers / The Godfather: Part II / Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
Poster: Howard The Duck
Actor: John Candy