[01 September 2013]
Bullies Took Our Name :(
Genre – Documentary
Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Worf
Genre – A look inside the private life of everyone’s favourite Klingon family
The El Adventures
Genre – Science fiction fantasy
Little Children Of Men In Black Beauty
Genre – Apocalyptic horse thriller
Carrie Potter And The Mean Girls Of Monte Cristo
Genre – Ultimate bullying movie
Try Hard With A Vengeance
Genre – Thriller
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the hero in Tim Burton’s 1989 film Batman?
2. The Fellowship Of The Ring, The Two Towers and The Return Of The King are instalments of which trilogy?
THE LORD OF THE RINGS
3. Puss In Boots is a spin-off of which animated film franchise?
4. What is the title to the pseudo-prequel to the Alien saga, directed by Ridley Scott?
5. The Bates Motel is the predominant setting for which Hitchcock film?
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film? “Protecting the Earth from the scum of the universe”
MEN IN BLACK
7. Voorhees is the surname of the killer in which horror film series?
FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH
8. Who directed Panic Room?
9. The following films all starred which actor: Jurassic Park, Iron Man 2 and Django Unchained?
SAMUEL L. JACKSON
10. In P.S. I Love You, Gerry’s letters instruct Holly to take a trip to which country?
ROUND II: Filming [Films in which a character sacrifices themself for another Special]
1. What was the title of the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid? The Kung Fu Kid? The Jujitsu Kid? The Karate Kid?
THE KARATE KID
2. What is the name of the bully in the Back To The Future movies? Biff? George? Doc?
3. Who plays Dave Buznik’s therapist in Anger Management? Al Pacino? Jack Nicholson? Woody Harrelson?
4. How many girls make up the lead group of witches in The Craft? Three? Four? Five?
5. How many Revenge Of The Nerds films have been made to date? Three? Four? Five?
6. How is Carrie humiliated at the prom? Her dress is pulled off? Her mother sings to her? She’s covered in blood?
SHE’S COVERED IN BLOOD
7. Which of the following films is not about school children hiring an older kid for protection? Drillbit Taylor? My Bodyguard? See You After Class?
SEE YOU AFTER CLASS
8. Once released from his prison of fifteen years and meeting his captor, how many days is Oh Dae-su given to discover the reason for his imprisonment, in Oldboy? Three? Four? Five?
9. What is the name of the child that drowns in Mean Creek? Marty? George? Sam?
10. Food such as sausages, yoghurt and grapes were used for a large amount of the sound effects in Let The Right One In. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who played the title roles in Sam Peckinpah’s 1973 film Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid? (one point per correct answer)
JAMES COBURN / KRIS KRISTOFFERSON
2. Who directed 1957’s Paths Of Glory?
3. The following are characters from which Disney film: Meeko, Flit and Percy?
4. The first Paranormal Activity was released in which year?
5. What is the plot subject of Primer, i.e. what is it about?
6. What is the name of the musical developed by Prince?
7. Which film stars Steve Martin and John Candy as two men trying to get home for thanksgiving?
PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
8. “Oh hi” and “Oh hey” are said how many times throughout the 2003 film, The Room?
9. Pan’s Labyrinth was nominated for six academy awards, how many did it win?
10. What is the name of Princess Leia’s homeworld, which is destroyed, in Star Wars?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the title of the first films released by Dreamworks in 1997? MouseHunt? The Peacemaker? Small Soldiers?
2. The Aardman Animations film The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists was renamed to what for US audiences? Let’s Go Plundering? Scallywags Of The Sea? Band Of Misfits?
BAND OF MISFITS
3. What is the name of Larry’s (black sheep of the family, played by Tom Hulce) son in Parenthood? Cool? Groovy? Bob?
4. The following quote is from which film, “Forget everything you’ve seen on television and in the movies. There’s not gonna be any last minute surprise witnesses. Nobody’s gonna break down on the stand with a tearful confession. You’re gonna be presented with a simple fact: Andrew Beckett was fired”? The Client? Philadelphia? A Time To Kill?
5. What was the eleventh film directed by Clint Eastwood? Pale Rider? Unforgiven? The Outlaw Josey Wales?
6. Troy and Gabriella meet for the first time at what type of party in High School Musical? Last Day Of Summer? Halloween? New Year’s Eve?
NEW YEAR’S EVE
7. What is the name of the title character in Pete’s Dragon? George? Elliott? Dennis?
8. Set in Vietnam, where was Platoon filmed? Philippines? Thailand? Malaysia?
9. James Cagney and Jean Harlow appeared in which film together? Blonde Crazy? The Roaring Twenties? The Public Enemy?
THE PUBLIC ENEMY
10. In 1991 Robbie Coltrane starred as the title character in The Pope Must Die. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey / Lethal Weapon 3 / The Birds
Poster: My Left Foot
Actor: Ian McKellen