[29 September 2013]
Step Up 4: Miami Sheep
Genre – The inspiring tale of a young dance flock from the mean fields of Somerset, who cross the Atlantic in search of fame and fortune
My Neighbour Cthulhu
Genre – Family anime horror
War Horse II: Save The Last Prance
Genre – A drama featuring street dressage.. with sexy results
Blue Gnu In A Canoe
Genre – An all-gnu cast tell the John Dawin story, whilst painted blue to symbolise lust
Genre – That’s what she said..
Genre – A story of indecision
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the lead character in Rocky?
2. In The Wizard Of Oz, what is the capital city made of?
3. The following quotes are from which film, “Show me the money” “Help me, help you” and “You had me at hello”.
4. Which film came first Analyse That or Analyse This?
5. Who played the lead roles in Knocked Up? (one point per correct answer)
SETH ROGEN / KATHERINE HEIGL
6. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “The circle of life”
THE LION KING
7. What device is used to exit the matrix, in the film of the same name?
8. What is the title of the 2007 comedy about teen pregnancy starring Ellen Page and Michael Cera?
9. Which word links these film titles: Once Upon A Time In The, Side Story and Wild Wild?
10. What was stolen from Pee-Wee Herman in Pee-Wee Herman’s Big Adventure?
ROUND II: Filming [Dancing Animals Special]
1. Basil The Great Mouse Detective is based on which fictional sleuth? Sherlock Holmes? Frank Columbo? Robert T. Ironside?
2. Who plays the title role in the 1998 comedy Dr. Dolittle? Mike Myers? Eddie Murphy? Will Ferrell?
3. Why did Delgado retire from the police department in Beverly Hills Chihuahua? He lost his sense of smell? He accidentally bit the wrong person? He has lost the ability to bark?
LOST HIS SENSE OF SMELL
4. Stuart Little was released in which year? 1997? 1999? 2001?
5. Which of the kittens in Aristocats is the oldest? Toulouse? Marie? Berlioz?
6. What colour is the title character in Oliver & Company? Grey? Orange? White?
7. In Madagascar, how many penguins make up the group collectively known as The Penguins? 4? 5? 6?
8. The Jungle Book is set in which country? Pakistan? India? Bangladesh?
9. What is the currency in Rango? Water? Gold? Songs?
10. The director of Happy Feet is George Miller, the director of Mad Max. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name the four animal tokens in Jumanji. (one point per correct answer)
ELEPHANT / MONKEY / RHINO / CROCODILE
2. Haddonfield is the setting for which film series?
3. What did Terry Gilliam direct after Monty Python And The Holy Grail?
4. Which actor starred in Drunken Master, First Strike and The Tuxedo?
5. LV-426 and Fury 161 are the planetary settings for which science fiction franchise?
6. Before his final confrontation with the skeletons, what is the last mythical beast Jason battles in 1963’s Jason And The Argonauts?
7. How many miles of perimeter fence run along Isla Nublar in Jurassic Park?
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “He’s having the day of his life.. over and over again”
9. In both versions of Bedazzled, how many wishes is Stanley/Elliott given?
10. Hammer Film Productions took its name from which London borough?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What animal does James see himself as in a nightmare, in the 1996 animated film James And The Giant Peach? Caterpillar? Ladybird? Earthworm?
2. How many characters does Alec Guinness play in Kind Hearts And Coronets? Four? Eight? Twelve?
3. What number is Ben Hur assigned whilst working in the rowing cabin of the Roman warship? 41? 54? 68?
4. How many gunshots are fired throughout Jackie Brown (excluding the Chicks Who Love Guns video)? 3? 9? 15?
5. What nickname is Martha Dunnstock given in Heathers? Martha Dump Truck? Martha Dumbstruck? Martha Dung Stick?
6. In Jaws, how many injuries are drunkenly listed by the Orca crew? Six? Seven? Eight?
7. In The Karate Kid: Part II, the secret Miyagi family technique of block and defence is illustrated with which instrument? Drum? Flute? Gong?
DRUM (Den den daiko)
8. At the start of The King And I, Anna arrives in Bangkok but set out from which country? Ireland? Wales? Scotland?
9. Who received top billing in The Godfather: Part II? Al Pacino? Robert De Niro? Robert Duvall?
10. In the 1966 movie Batman, Batman and Robin are saved by a dolphin that sacrifices its own life by swimming in front of a torpedo. True or False?
TRUE (although it was a porpoise)
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: To Kill A Mockingbird / Some Like It Hot / Ghostbusters II
Poster: The Poseidon Adventure
Actor: Marlon Brando