[18 August 2013]
Transformers Of The Caribbean: Attack Of The Franchise Blender
Genre – Romantic horror comedy
Genre – Superhero slasher psychological thriller
Cloudy With A Chance Of Infected Balls
Genre – Medical comedy
A Nightmare On Meryl Streep
Genre – Horror musical
Kormageddon – The Curry That Ends Your World
Genre – Toilet related disaster film
Armageddon Quiz Points
Genre – Apocalyptic quiz show mockumentary
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The alien invaders in Mars Attacks! launch their attack from which planet?
2. In film coding and categorisation what does B/W stand for?
BLACK & WHITE
3. What was the name of the lead character in The Wizard Of Oz?
4. In Miss Congeniality, Gracie Hart works for which US governmental agency?
5. What breed of dog do John and Jenny adopt in Marley & Me?
6. Which actor played the role of Michael Corleone in The Godfather?
7. Who directed Young Frankenstein?
8. What was the title of the sequel to The Mask Of Zorro?
THE LEGEND OF ZORRO
9. What was the title of the Bottom movie?
GUEST HOUSE PARADISO
10. Be excellent to each other, Party on dudes and Most non-triumphant are catchphrases of which film duo?
BILL & TED
ROUND II: Filming [Films in which a character sacrifices themself for another Special]
1. Which actor played the lead role in Man On Fire? Denzel Washington? Mel Gibson? John Malkovich?
2. What did Michael Bay direct after The Rock? Pearl Harbour? Armageddon? Bad Boys II?
3. How old is Rose supposed to be when the Titanic sinks? 16? 17? 18? [bonus point for stating how old Kate Winslet was during filming]
4. Which of the following quotes from Terminator II is correct? I know now why you cry? I now know why you cry? Now I know why you cry?
I KNOW NOW WHY YOU CRY
5. How many characters sacrifice their lives for others in Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring? One? Two? Three?
TWO (Gandalf, Boromir)
6. In Harry Potter & The Philosopher’s Stone, Ron sacrifices his piece during a game of wizard’s chess. Which chess piece does he represent? Knight? Bishop? Rook?
7. What was the title character’s last words in The Iron Giant? No following? Superman? Why?
8. What was the name of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character in End Of Days? Peter Aquinas? Thomas Abner? Jericho Cane?
9. What is the name of the science space station that Dr. Carol Marcus works on in Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan? Reliant? Regula? Rebor?
10. Leon was the first movie to have an official website. True or False?
FALSE (it was Stargate)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In Jack Nicholson’s “you can’t handle the truth” monologue from A Few Good Men, how many times does he use the word wall/s?
2. What was the subtitle for Mad Max 2?
THE ROAD WARRIOR
3. Toys, Moscow On The Hudson and Bicentennial Man all starred which actor?
4. The Man With The Golden Gun was released in which year?
5. What is the name of Morpheus’ ship in The Matrix?
6. What was the name of the Hugh Laurie, Joely Richardson film about a couple trying to get pregnant?
7. Enid Coleslaw and Rebecca Doppelmeyer are the lead characters in which comic book adaptation? [bonus points for naming the actors who played the roles of Enid and Rebecca]
GHOST WORLD [Thora Birch / Scarlett Johansson]
8. ‘The tooth hurts’, ‘You can’t handle the tooth’ and ‘Putting a smile on your face this summer’ are poster taglines for which 2010 family film?
THE TOOTH FAIRY
9. Sister Suffragette, Jolly Holiday and A Man Has Dreams are songs from which Disney film?
10. Finish the following quote, “Alright, Mr. DeMille..
I’M READY FOR MY CLOSE-UP
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. How many Quentin Tarantino films has Harvey Keitel featured in? Five? Three? Two?
2. In 1998’s The Man In The Iron Mask, which actor played the musketeer Aramis? Gerard Depardieu? John Malkovich? Jeremy Irons?
3. Excluding those used in the credits, how many ABBA songs are sung/hummed in Mamma Mia!? Twelve? Sixteen? Twenty?
4. Who composed the scores for Road To Perdition, Wall-E and The Lost Boys? James Newton Howard? Thomas Newman? James Horner?
5. What was the title of the 1961 John Huston film that starred Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe, Montgomery Clift and Eli Wallach? Splendour In The Grass? The Misfits? The Absent-Minded Professor?
6. What was Jet Li’s first English speaking role? Lethal Weapon 4? Kiss Of The Dragon? Romeo Must Die?
LETHAL WEAPON 4 (also his first time playing a villain)
7. How many films has Danny DeVito directed? 7? 8? 9?
8. What does alien Jerome Newton become addicted to in The Man Who Fell To Earth? Heroin? Alcohol? Chocolate?
9. Which of the following films did not star both James Stewart and John Wayne? The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance? Cahill? The Shootist?
10. Monty Python & The Holy Grail was Elvis’ favourite film. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: The Sting / The Godfather: Part II / Shutter Island
Poster: A Nightmare On Elm Street
Actor: Katherine Hepburn