[04 August 2013]
Genre – Phonetically challenged radio presenter does stuff
Can You Smell What Sam Rockwell Is Cooking!?
Genre – Claymation, found footage, comedy with sexy results
Sam Rockwell? More Like Sam Rocks-well!
Genre – Musical biopic with dancing
What’s That Lassie..? Trapped In Sam Rockwell
Genre – Erotic misadventure
Matt Never Thinks Of A Bloody Team Name
Genre – Documentary covering an internal feud at a Norwich film quiz
Three-Headed Sex Beast
Genre – Documentary
Genre – Totally badass bro flick
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the lead character in Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Doom?
INDIANA JONES / HENRY JONES JNR
2. 1995’s Richard III is based on the play by which playwright?
3. Who directed Goodfellas?
4. What is the name of the film in which Phil, Stu and Alan try to recall the drunken events from the previous night, in order to locate their friend Doug?
5. What is the name of the little girl in Monsters Inc. ? [bonus point for identifying her nickname for Sully]
6. Finish the following film quote, “Hasta la vista.”
7. How many films/instalments make up the Twilight saga?
8. In which Star Wars film does the emperor (portrayed by Ian McDiarmid) make his first appearance?
RETURN OF THE JEDI
9. Was “Well, here’s another fine mess you’ve gotten me into” the catchphrase for Laurel or Hardy?
10. Who plays the farmer, Arthur Hoggett, in Babe?
ROUND II: Filming [Dancing Sam Rockwell Special]
1. Which Iron Man instalment did Sam Rockwell appear in? Iron Man? Iron Man 2? Iron Man 3? [bonus point for identifying his character’s name]
IRON MAN 2 [Justin Hammer]
2. How many heads does the character Zaphod Beeblebrox have in The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy? Two? Three? Four?
3. Sam Bell, Tess Bell, Eve Bell and GERTY are characters in which Sam Rockwell release? Moon? Choke? Welcome To Colinwood?
4. How old is Devon Stockard (played by Mischa Barton) in Lawn Dogs? 10? 11? 12?
5. What is the name of Eric Knox’s company in Charlie’s Angels? Knox Incorporated? Knox Enterprises? Opportunity Knox?
6. Which historical figure does Bill Wharton not like to be associated with, in The Green Mile? Billy The Kid? Wild Bill Hickok? Bill Key West?
WILD BILL HICOCK
7. Who directed Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind? George Clooney? Ron Howard? Jon Favreau?
8. What was the name of the house shared by Ben Affleck, Sam Rockwell and French Stewart in Glory Daze? El Rancho? Dude Ranch? Los Locos Ranchos?
9. What is the name of Rockwell’s character in Matchstick Men? Roy Waller? Frank Mercer? Harris Klein?
10. Bonny, the Shih Tzu in Seven Psychopaths is Sam Rockwell’s dog in real life. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many Oscars did 1990’s Dick Tracy win?
2. Who directed The Duellists in 1977?
3. In 1959’s Sleeping Beauty, what colour is the good fairy Fauna’s dress?
4. Finish the following film quote, “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here!”
THIS IS THE WAR ROOM
5. What is the name of the Joker’s lead henchman in Batman?
6. Which of the characters in The Breakfast Club doesn’t pair up at the end?
BRIAN / THE BRAIN (Anthony Michael Hall)
7. What did Frank Oz direct in between Housesitter and In & Out?
THE INDIAN IN THE CUPBOARD
8. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Get ready for rush hour”?
9. Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Elliot Goldenthal and John Frizzell were hired respectively to score the instalments of which franchise?
10. The opening prologue of Bram Stoker’s Dracula is set in which year?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following Wes Craven films was released first? The Hills Have Eyes? The Last House On The Left? Swamp Thing?
THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
2. Where is Joe Gillis’ body found at start of Sunset Boulevard? In the swimming pool? In the boot of a car? Tied to the bed?
IN THE SWIMMING POOL
3. Which of the following actors did not audition for the role of Mozart in Amadeus? Mark Hamill? Kevin Bacon? Mel Gibson?
4. The Charlton Heston version of Ben-Hur was an adaptation of a novel but also a remake of a film of the same name, released in which year? 1925? 1935? 1945?
5. Finish the following film quote, “I have always depended on”. The incompetence of the police? The feel of my rifle? The kindness of strangers?
THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
6. What is Crocodile Dundee’s first name? Michael? Walter? Richard?
7. Which Abbot and Costello film featured Lon Chaney Jnr and Bela Lugosi reprising their roles of the Wolfman and Dracula respectively? Abbot and Costello In Hollywood? Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein? Hold That Ghost?
ABBOT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN
8. Which of the Rojo brothers in A Fistful Of Dollars is the rifle-favouring marksman and Joe’s main adversary? Miguel? Esteban? Ramon?
9. In Goldfinger, what nationality is the character Oddjob? Chinese? Korean? Japanese?
10. The entirety of Mississippi Burning was filmed in sequence. True or False?