[07 July 2013]
Dial M For Moustache
Genre – Hirsute thriller
Ass Centura: When The Quiz Master Calls..
Genre – 100 movie bums come to the film quiz (with hilarious consequences)
2 Fast, 2 Nick Fury
Genre – High octane musical.. with sexy results
Genre – Tennisurf
The Turd Man
Genre – Thriller: Harry Lime slips up in the sewers
Genre – Injured Will Smith fights to save the world from dodgy father/son collaborations
(2 But We’re Already Complaining It’s Too Hot And Soon We’ll Be Moaning It’s Too Cold) Days Of Summer
Genre – British classic
He Was In A Franchise So Bad It Was Remade After Four Years
Genre – Urgh, Tobey Maguire is such a dick
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How old is Sam Baker in Sixteen Candles?
2. What genre does Seven Brides For Seven Brothers belong to?
MUSICAL (will also accept romantic comedy, comedy, period)
3. Who played the role of Daphne in the live-action Scooby Doo films?
SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR
4. Who voices the characters of Shrek and Donkey respectively in the Shrek franchise? (one point per correct answer)
MIKE MYERS / EDDIE MURPHY
5. How many Saw films have been made to date?
6. What did Steven Spielberg direct in between Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park?
7. How fast would you need to drive a flux-capacitor fitted DeLorean to travel through time, as seen in Back To The Future?
8. Comic duo Stan & Ollie were more commonly known by which alias?
LAUREL AND HARDY
9. Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in which country?
10. The character Sam Spade was famously played by which actor?
HUMPHREY BOGART (although the character has been played by six or seven actors)
ROUND II: Filming [Marvel Special]
1. What is the alias of vigilante, Frank Castle, in The Punisher? The Punisher? Deadpool? Captain Marvel?
2. Who replaced Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man? Jamie Bell? Andrew Garfield? Josh Hutcherson?
3. Who voiced the subtitle character in Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer? Michael Clarke Duncan? Gary Sinise? Laurence Fishburne?
4. In which Marvel film does Robert Downey Jnr play Tony Stark but not Iron Man? The Incredible Hulk? Spider-Man 3? X-Men Origins: Wolverine?
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
5. Who directed Thor? Kenneth Branagh? Matthew Vaughn? Guillermo Del Toro?
6. What is the name of Schmidt’s Nazi science division in Captain America? HAMMER? HYDRA? AIM?
7. Which of the following countries was Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance not filmed in? Romania? Turkey? Poland?
8. How many characters appeared in all three Iron Man films? Three? Four? Five?
FIVE (Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Col. Rhodes, Happy Hogan, JARVIS)
9. Who composed the score for The Avengers? Alan Silvestri? Craig Armstrong? Patrick Doyle?
10. Taylor Lautner (of Twilight fame) was cast as Beast in X-Men: First Class but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. 2004’s Secret Window was based on the novel of the same name by which author?
2. What was the title of the sequel to Donnie Darko?
3. Who played the title role in the 90’s comic adaptation of The Shadow?
4. The Richard Pryor, Gene Wilder comedy See No Evil, Hear No Evil was released in which year?
5. How heavy is the stolen diamond in Snatch?
EIGHTY SIX CARATS
6. The following was the poster tagline for which film, “Something wonderful has happened.. number five is alive”?
7. The 2001 Odyssey is a club in which seventies film?
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER
8. In an attempt to step away from conventional horror scores, Marco Beltrami’s music for Scream was made with a different genre in mind. What was that genre?
9. What did Frank Darabont direct in 1994?
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
10. The Ashecliffe Hospital for the criminally insane is the setting for which 2010 film?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played the lead role in 1946’s Sergeant York? Gary Cooper? John Garfield? Cary Grant?
2. Which of the following films did Ray Harryhausen not work on? The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad? First Men In The Moon? The Lost World?
THE LOST WORLD
3. Which of the following quotes is not from Sex And The City? We were dressed from head to toe in love, the only label that never goes out of style? I love you but I love me more, I’ve been in a relationship with myself for 49 years? Yes, I wanted the attention and I wanted the flirting but I didn’t want the kiss?
YES, I WANTED THE ATTENTION AND I WANTED THE FLIRTING BUT I DIDN’T WANT THE KISS (from SATC2)
4. Which Beatles album wasn’t a title of one of their films? Help? Abbey Road? Magical Mystery Tour?
5. Lee Marvin and Roger Moore only appeared in one film together. Which of the following was it? Shout At The Devil? The Iceman Cometh? The Wild Geese?
SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
6. Sin City is made up of how many short films? 3? 4? 5?
FOUR (The Customer Is Always Right, That Yellow Bastard, The Hard Goodbye, The Big Fat Kill)
7. What is Aunty Entity’s nickname for Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome? The Master Blaster? Raggedy Man? Pig Killer?
8. What is the name of the lead character from She’s All That, played by Rachael Leigh Cook? Mackenzie Siler? Katie Darlingson? Laney Boggs?
9. The original version of Shaft was released in 1971. When was the Samuel L. Jackson remake released? 2000? 2002? 2003?
10. John Wayne’s son, Ethan, was named after the character his father portrayed in The Searchers. True or False?
BOUNS IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Skyfall / Slumdog Millionaire / Smokin’ Aces
Poster: The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari
Actor: Christopher Lee
BOUNS IMPRESSIONS ROUND
Impression 1: Batman Begins / Batman
Impression 2: Daredevil / Bullseye
Impression 3: Gangs Of New York / Bill ‘The Butcher’ Cutting
Impression 4: The Hunt For Red October / Captain Marko Ramius
Impression 5: Die Hard / Hans Gruber