[09 June 2013]
Cillian Me Softly With His Schlong
Genre – Cillian Murphy slaughters willing women mid-shag with his BAFTA nominated whang. A musical
Genre – Wes Craven style body shock horror (with sexy results)
After Earth II: After Eight
Genre – Young Jaden Smith eats special chocolates before eight and Will Smith scolds him for a bit
Genre – A scarecrow comes to life and finds himself On The Edge Of Love with A Girl With A Pearl Earring but can he convince her to Retreat up a Cold Mountain, In Time to convince her in Sunshine with his Red Eye or will his heart be Broken, 28 Days Later?
The Symbol Stands For Hope
Genre – Fantasy adventure
Only Ryan Gosling Forgives
Genre – Drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. In the film of the same name, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mutate and evolve from which animals?
2. What is the name of the band in This Is Spinal Tap?
3. Charlton Heston portrayed which biblical figure in 1956’s The Ten Commandments?
4. Who played the lead role in 1985’s Teen Wolf?
MICHAEL J. FOX
5. What did the Farrelly brothers direct after Dumb And Dumber and Kingpin?
THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY
6. The 1998 film Taxi was made in which country?
7. What is the name of the Anthony Mingella film, starring Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jude Law, based on the novel of the same name?
THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY
8. In Taken, Liam Neeson’s character is a former operative of which US agency, i.e. FBI, CIA, NSA, etc?
9. Emilio Largo is the Bond villain in which Sean Connery film?
10. Terminator 2 is set in which year?
ROUND II: Filming [Cillian Murphy Special]
1. When Jim wakes up, in 28 Days Later, how long has the virus been spreading? Two weeks? 28 Days? One year?
TWENTY EIGHT DAYS
2. Intermission is set in which Irish city? Cork? Limerick? Dublin?
3. What does Fischer find in the dream safe, in Inception? Paper windmill? A toy gun? A war medal?
4. In Cold Mountain, Cillian Murphy plays Bardolph, a soldier fighting for which side in the US Civil War? Confederacy? Union? Neither?
5. Who directed 2005’s Red Eye? Wes Craven? John Carpenter? Sam Raimi?
6. Before being adapted into a film, what was Breakfast On Pluto? A novel? A play? A musical?
7. On the way to the sun, in Sunshine, the crew of the Icarus pass by and excitedly observe which planet? Mercury? Venus? Earth?
8. How many years has Raymond Leon (played by Murphy) been a timekeeper, in In Time? 30? 40? 50?
9. In Perrier’s Bounty, if Michael McCrea doesn’t pay the debt he owes by midnight what is his punishment? Burn his hair off? Break two bones of his choosing? Skin his foot?
BREAK TWO BONES OF HIS CHOOSING
10. Cillian Murphy not only appeared in the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy but also as a security guard in Batman & Robin. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many films have been released with Tarzan in the title?
TWENTY (1918, 1932, 1934, 1936, 1939, 1941-44, 1945 (2x), 1946-48, 1959, 1981, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2005)
2. During hypnotherapy, in Donnie Darko, Donnie reveals that he didn’t get the present he wanted for Christmas. What did he want?
HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS
3. In They Live, after finding the box of sunglasses (revealing hidden messages of conformity) and putting a pair on, what does Roddy Piper’s character do with the rest?
THROWS THEM IN A BIN
4. In George Lucas’ film, what are the four numbers that follow THX?
5. What is the name of Brad Pitt’s character in Thelma & Louise?
6. The Thin Red Line was nominated for seven Oscars. How many did it win?
7. Who directed There Will Be Blood?
PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
8. What does Shaun throw into the sea at the end of This Is England?
9. At the start of The Thing, what is the nationality of the scientists pursuing the dog?
10. Which film, which starred George C. Scott and Tom Cruise, was Sean Penn’s feature debut?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following is not a real film? They Saved Hitler’s Brain? The Tree Of Wooden Clogs? Trilogy Of Disaster: Part 4?
TRILOGY OF DISASTER: PART 4
2. The following quote is from which Will Ferrell film, “I want that which all couples want, to retire to Stockholm and design a currency for dogs and cats to use”? Anchorman? Talladega Nights? Blades Of Glory?
3. Which Elizabeth Taylor / Richard Burton film had the poster tagline, The Motion Picture They Were Made For? The Taming Of The Shrew? Cleopatra? Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
THE TAMING OF THE SHREW
4. What is the Japanese translation of Kurosawa’s Macbeth adaptation, Throne Of Blood? The Quiet Duel? The Bad Sleep Well? Spider Web Castle?
SPIDER WEB CASTLE
5. Who plays the reigning Pinball Wizard in Tommy? Elton John? Oliver Reed? Jack Nicholson?
6. In addition to directing, what role did Sydney Pollack play in Tootsie? Michael’s agent? Michael’s roommate? A sexist director?
7. The 1999 remake of The Thomas Crown Affair was released how many years after the original? 23? 31? 42?
8. What was the title of the Hitchcock film that starred Paul Newman and Julie Andrews? Rope? The Wrong Man? Torn Curtain?
9. Which of the dwarves in Time Bandits is the leader? Randall? Fidgit? Strutter?
10. Orson Welles shot the majority of Touch Of Evil at night, to discourage studio representatives hanging around, offering ‘advice’. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Penelope / The Prestige / The Pagemaster
Poster: Police Academy 3: Back In Training
Actor: Ron Perlman