[28 April 2013]
The Tree Of Wooden Knobs
Genre – 70’s biopic
Piranha 3D: Live From Anfield
Genre – Sport/Horror
Cinema City Slickers 2: The Legend Of Curly’s Gold
Genre – Family adventure about three box office staff, who team up with John Hurt to find the golden popcorn hidden beneath Screen 3
The 35 Year Itch
Genre – A cinema catches something nasty from the punters
Genre – Romance
Extremely Clever And Incredibly Modest
Genre – Farce
The Stair Witch Project
Genre – Comedy about senior citizens and their terrifying stair lifts
1. What is the name of the singing ginger orphan in Annie?
2. Who played the eponymous deceased character, Sam Wheat, in Ghost?
3. In which film did Al Pacino play gangster Tony Montana?
4. What is the title of the third Indiana Jones film?
INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE
5. Who directed The Breakfast Club?
6. Terminator 2: Judgement Day was released in which year?
7. The following songs are from which Disney animated film: One Jump Ahead, Friend Like Me and A Whole New World?
8. What did M. Night Shyamalan direct in between Unbreakable and The Village?
9. What does Will Thacker (played by Hugh Grant) sell in his shop, in Notting Hill?
BOOKS / TRAVEL BOOKS
10. The Untouchables is set in which decade? [bonus point for naming the fashion designer who designed the wardrobe for the film]
1930’s [GIORGIO ARMANI]
1. Name all four of the subtitles for The Pirates Of The Caribbean series. (one point per correct answer)
THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL / DEAD MAN’S CHEST / AT WORLD’S END / ON STRANGER TIDES
2. Ray Harryhausen, who worked on such films as Clash Of The Titans, was known for which type of visual effect?
3. Which cast member from Interview With The Vampire received top billing on the poster?
4. Of its five nominations, how many Oscars did Philadelphia win?
5. Akeem Joffer (played by Eddie Murphy) is the lead character in which film?
COMING TO AMERICA
6. What are the first and last sins to be utilised in Se7en (as discovered by Mills and Somerset)? (one point per correct answer)
GLUTTONY / WRATH
7. What colour are the pearl-string canisters containing VX Gas in The Rock?
8. How many brothers does Private James Francis Ryan have (or has lost) in Saving Private Ryan?
9. How many years passed between the release of the original Ocean’s Eleven and the 2001 remake?
10. John Hurt had to turn down his role in Alien due to scheduling conflicts but was later able to take the part of Kane after being banned from entering South Africa. True or False?
TRUE (he was mistaken for another actor, John Heard, who was blacklisted at the time)
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Grease / Cast Away / Crocodile Dundee
Posters: As Good As It Gets / Airplane! / Amadeus
Headshots: Henry Fonda / Denzel Washington / Diane Keaton / Julianne Moore