[07 April 2013]
The Red Right Handjob
Genre – Murder mystery
Old Matt Stogdon Did A Quiz – G.I. G.I. Joe!
Genre – Musical action farmyard
Genre – Film Noir
Matthew Are Not Alone
Genre – Rabid Michael Jackson fan stalks the Cinema City quiz host, believing him to be the second coming of his pop idol, with hilarious and arguably controversial results
Three Men And A Lady
Genre – Generic comedy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the alien that befriends Lilo in Lilo and Stitch?
STITCH [2 bonus points for ‘Experiment 626′]
2. What was the alias of the Volkswagen Beetle in The Love Bug?
3. What was the title of the first Jurassic Park sequel?
THE LOST WORLD
4. For the sequel Look Who’s Talking Now, what received the celebrity voice-over treatment instead of babies?
5. What type of animal is terrorising Maine in Lake Placid?
6. Which actor played the lead role in The Last Boy Scout?
7. Who directed the 2006 film Lady In The Water?
M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN
8. Which series starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover?
9. What is the full title of the Lemony Snicket film starring Jim Carrey?
LEMONY SNICKET’S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS
10. The following tracks feature on the soundtrack for which Disney film, Wag Of A Dog’s Tail, What Is A Baby and A Night At The Restaurant?
LADY AND THE TRAMP
ROUND II: Filming [Matt Stogdon’s Top 100 Special]
1. 3:10 To Yuma belongs to which genre? Comedy? Swords & Sandals? Western?
2. Who directed Road To Perdition? Ron Howard? Sam Mendes? Brian De Palma?
3. Chronologically speaking, where do the black and white scenes in Memento take place? During the main story? Before the main story? After the main story?
BEFORE THE MAIN STORY
4. What weapon does Shuya Nanahara receive in his bag, in Battle Royale? Axe? Paper Fan? Pot Lid?
5. What nationality is Major Sophie Jean (the official investigating the shooting in the Korean DMZ) in Joint Security Area: JSA? Swiss? Australian? American?
6. Which instalment of The Lord Of The Rings trilogy appears in my Top 100 films? The Fellowship Of The Ring? The Two Towers? The Return Of The King?
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
7. How many tasks is Ofelia given to complete in Pan’s Labyrinth? Three? Four? Five?
8. Of the three rabbis, which does Larry not get to consult with, in A Serious Man? Rabbi Ginsler? Rabbi Nachtner? Rabbi Marshak?
9. What does Amelie’s full French title translate to? The Fabulous Destiny Of Amelie Poulain? The Young And Prodigious Amelie Poulain? The Extraordinary Adventures Of Amelie Poulain?
THE FABULOUS DESTINY OF AMELIE POULAIN
10. The school song sung by the lead character in Oldboy is in fact the actor’s (Min-sik Choi) real school song and was the product of ad-libbing. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
Round Three [Post-Production] PP11
1. What was the title of the remake of Let The Right One In?
LET ME IN
2. How many time has The Last Of The Mohicans been adapted for film?
4 (1920 US/GER 1936 1992)
3. John Travolta and Joaquin Phoenix appeared in Ladder 49. What occupation does the film depict?
4. Where does The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou appear in Wes Anderson’s directorial history?
5. How many The Land Before Time films have been made to date?
6. Which two actors play The Boss and The Rabbi, the heads of two crime families, in Lucky Number Slevin? (one point per correct answer)
MORGAN FREEMAN / BEN KINGSLEY
7. The following is the poster tagline for which film: Jim, George and David take you into a dazzling world of fantasy and adventure?
8. What was Matthew Vaughn’s directorial debut?
9. Which actor replaces Schwarzenegger on the promo cut-out for Termintaor 2: Judgement Day, in a Blockbuster in Last Action Hero?
10. What year was Little Miss Sunshine released?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following was not an instalment of the Lone Wolf And Cub films? Baby Cart In Peril? White Heaven In Hell? In The Land Of Despair?
IN THE LAND OF DESPAIR
2. What year was Ridley Scott’s Legend released? 1983? 1985? 1987?
3. In which film does Edward G. Robinson play gangster ‘Rico’ Bandello? Little Caesar? Scarface? The Public Enemy?
4. Which of the following directors did not direct an adaptation of Lolita? Stanley Kubrick? Adrian Lyne? Alan Parker?
5. What was the title of the 1987 biopic about musician Ritchie Valens? Los Lobos? La Bamba? Summertime Blues?
6. How many years passed between the release of Licence To Kill and GoldenEye? Six? Eight? Ten?
7. What was the title of the 2009 revenge drama starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler? Due Date? Machine Gun Preacher? Law Abiding Citizen?
LAW ABIDING CITIZEN
8. What was the name of Bob Hoskins’ character in The Long Good Friday? Eddie Constantine? Harold Shand? Parky Barber?
9. What is the eponymous character’s surname in Leon? Montana? Badalucco? Manolo?
10. Gene Tierney was so angry with Laurence Olivier’s refusal to break character, in 1944’s Laura, that she repeatedly slapped his face in between takes to test him. True or False?
FALSE (not only did this not happen, Olivier did not star in Laura)
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Cabaret / Corpse Bride / Copland
Poster: Children Of The Corn
Actor: James Earl Jones