[10 March 2013]
Le Grand Blu-Ray
Genre – Drama
High Definition Impossible
Genre – Blurry action
Tango & Cash Unchained
Genre – Cop buddy western
Genre – Video store where no one gets laid but there’s a lot of nudity
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The Coen Brother’s Fargo is set in which US town?
2. Which two actors play the lead roles in Face/Off? (one point per correct answer)
JOHN TRAVOLTA / NICOLAS CAGE
3. How many Father Of The Bride films (starring Steve Martin) were made?
4. In The Full Monty, Gerald Cooper (played by Tom Wilkinson) has a collection of what in his front garden?
5. What is the title of the first Rambo film?
6. Correctly spell Bueller (of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off).
7. Korben Dallas, Leeloo, Zorg and Ruby Rhod are characters in which Luc Besson film?
THE FIFTH ELEMENT
8. Which Disney film featured animated interpretations of Rite Of Spring, Night On Bald Mountain and The Sorcerer’s Apprentice?
9. Which actor appeared in both Reservoir Dogs and Free Willy?
10. Cronenberg’s remake of The Fly was made in 1986, when was the original made?
ROUND II: Filming [Films released on DVD but not blu-ray Special]
1. What is the name of the lead character in Disney’s Aladdin? Aladdin? Jafar? Mulan?
2. What was the title of Steven Spielberg’s WWII holocaust film? Munich? Schindler’s List? 1941?
3. Which actor played private investigator Eddie Valiant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Robin Williams? Christopher Lloyd? Bob Hoskins?
4. Seven Samurai was released in which year? 1949? 1952? 1954?
5. The source material for The Hunchback Of Notre Dame was written by which French author? Alexandre Dumas? Victor Hugo? Emile Zola?
6. What did Ron Howard direct in 1988? Willow? Cocoon? Backdraft?
7. Which actor does Ben Affleck’s character work for, in Jersey Girl? Kevin Costner? Will Smith? Jeff Goldblum?
8. What colour is The Blob in the 1958 film of the same name? Green? Red? Black?
9. Who directed the adaptation of Stephen King’s novel, Christine? John Landis? Brian De Palma? John Carpenter?
10. Zulu Dawn (1979) is a prequel to Zulu (1964). True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was the title of the 1978 musical adaptation of The Wizard Of Oz, starring Diana Ross, Michael Jackson and Richard Pryor?
2. The following quotes are from which film, “Squadron 40, DIVE!” “Who wants to live forever? DIVE!” and “Gordon’s alive!?”?
3. John Cleese was nominated for a best writing Oscar for which film?
A FISH CALLED WANDA
4. Tom Cruise and Rob Lowe were slated to play the role of Ren McCormack before Kevin Bacon was cast in which movie?
5. What was the title of the 1968 William Wyler film starring Barbara Streisand and Omar Sharif?
6. What rank does Gump hold while fighting the Vietnam war in Forrest Gump?
7. Who played the title character in The Fugitive – the 1947 John Ford version?
8. What was the highest numbered Part before the series changed from Friday The 13th to ‘Jason‘?
9. In which two films does Yul Brynner play a robot cowboy? (one point per correct answer)
WESTWORLD / FUTUREWORLD
10. Antonio Bay is the setting for which John Carpenter film?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which 1964 film starred Sophia Loren, Christopher Plummer, Alec Guinness and James Mason? How The West Was Won? The Fall Of The Roman Empire? The Greatest Story Ever Told?
THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE
2. What was the name of Dr. Morbius’ ship in 1956’s Forbidden Planet? Bellerophon? Chimera? Pegasus?
3. What is the name of Jonathan Preest’s home in Gerald McMorrow’s Franklyn? Neverwhere City? Elsewhere City? Meanwhile City? [bonus point for naming the real city it’s based around]
MEANWHILE CITY [London]
4. How many films did James Cagney appear in, in 1933? 5? 6? 7?
FIVE (Lady Killer, Footlight Parade, The Mayor Of Hell, Picture Snatcher, Hard To Handle)
5. What is the name of Jo Stockton’s (Hepburn) bookshop in Funny Face? Embryo Concepts? Ethereal Carvings? Existential Corner?
6. What is the name of Alexandra Owens’ dog in Flashdance? Boxer? Dingle? Grunt?
7. Despite critical acclaim and commercial success, Fatal Attraction was the second highest grossing film of 1987. What was the highest? The Untouchables? Lethal Weapon? Three Men And A Baby?
THREE MEN AND A BABY
8. What does the title Full Metal Jacket refer to? A type of bullet? Flak armour? A flame-thrower?
A TYPE OF BULLET
9. The following is the poster tagline for which film, “Doyle is bad news but a good cop”? The French Connection? French Connection II? The Seven-Ups?
THE FRENCH CONNECTION
10. Final Destination started as a script for an X-Files episode but was reworked into a standalone film. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Judge Dredd / Johnny English / Jurassic Park III
Poster: Kelly’s Heroes
Actor: James Coburn