[27 January 2013]
Django’s Unchained Melody
Genre – Musical western
No Time For Love Dr. Jones
Genre – Time-travelling Nazis remove love from the world
Genre – Sci-fi thriller
New Moon Element
Genre – Fantasy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the US President’s private plane in Air Force One?
AIR FORCE ONE
2. Who played the title role in The Cable Guy?
3. Who directed Edward Scissorhands?
4. What colour is Dominic Toretto’s (Vin Diesel) Dodge Charger in The Fast & The Furious?
5. Who are the two lead characters in The Notebook played by? (one point per correct answer)
RYAN GOSLING / RACHEL MCADAMS
6. What is the technical term for the animation style used in Fantastic Mr. Fox?
7. Maverick, Ice Man and Goose are characters in which film?
8. In which film is the town of Santa Clara under attack from a teenage gang of Vampires?
THE LOST BOYS
9. At the start of Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, Robin Of Locksley is imprisoned in which city?
10. How does Daniel come up with the name for Mrs. Doubtfire in the film of the same name?
ROUND II: Filming [Time Travel Special]
1. Which of the following films is about time travel? Primer? The Birds? Three Men And A Baby?
2. Which of the following historical figures was not collected by Bill & Ted during their Excellent Adventure? Genghis Khan? Sigmund Freud? George Washington?
3. What was the name of the subterranean flesh-eating beasts in The Time Machine? Eloi? Morlocks? Watchetts?
4. In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, the title characters travel back to which era? Feudal Japan? Medieval France? Revolutionary Russia?
5. What is the name of the title character in The Time Traveller’s Wife? Lucy? Michelle? Clare?
6. A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur’s Court is considered the earliest time travel film. When was the first version released? 1908? 1921? 1933?
7. The last scenes of 12 Monkeys feature and play homage to which Hitchcock film? Vertigo? Rear Window? Psycho?
8. In Star Trek IV, the Enterprise crew travel back to 1986. What year do they travel from? 2186? 2286? 2386? [bonus point for naming the film’s subtitle]
2286 [The Voyage Home]
9. How many lines does Arnold Schwarzenegger have in The Terminator? 9? 13? 18?
10. The first choice for Doctor Emmett Brown in Back To The Future was John Lithgow. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. To date, Martin Scorsese has worked with Leonardo DiCaprio four times. Name these films. (one point per correct answer)
GANGS OF NEW YORK / THE AVIATOR / THE DEPARTED / SHUTTER ISLAND
2. In which film does the character Patrick Verona sing Frankie Valli’s ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You’ from the stands, while Kat Stratford is playing football?
10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU
3. Who plays the title role in The Madness Of King George?
4. The following quote is from which film “I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable”?
5. Which character shows Victor Fries a video, revealing that Poison Ivy killed his wife, Nora, in Batman & Robin?
6. Danny Boyle’s The Beach is set in and around which country?
7. What is the most expensive animated film (and second most expensive film) ever made, with a budget of $260 million?
8. Who cameos as Paul Sheldon’s agent, in Misery?
9. American Beauty was released in which year?
10. Falkor the Luckdragon is a character in which fantasy film?
THE NEVERENDING STORY
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Who played Napoleon in The Emperor’s New Clothes? John Hurt? Ian Holm? Steve Buscemi?
2. Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Angela Landsbury and Christopher Lloyd appeared in which animated film? The Secret Of Nimh? Thumbelina? Anastasia?
3. What is the colour of Joseph’s flag in Far And Away? White? Green? Yellow?
4. God’s Lonely Man, I Work The Whole City and Betsy In A White Dress are track titles from the soundtrack to which film? Bad Lieutenant? Taxi Driver? The King Of New York?
5. The Elephant Man, Rob Roy and King Ralph all starred which actor? Anthony Hopkins? John Hurt? John Gielgud?
6. What is the name of the character played by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany’s? Holly Golightly? Beatrice Silver? Tiffany Wainwright?
7. Of the following actors, which is the oldest? Dustin Hoffman? Sean Connery? Peter O’Toole?
SEAN CONNERY (Connery 82 / O’Toole 80 / Hoffman 75)
8. The Godfather: Part II, The Great Gatsby and Blazing Saddles were all released in which year? 1971? 1974? 1977?
9. How many films did John Hughes direct? 8? 10? 12?
10. Whilst directing the 1968 musical Oliver! , Carol Reed joked that directing Orson Welles in The Third Man was easier than dealing with even one child actor. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back / Pan’s Labyrinth / One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
Poster: The Omen
Actor: Clark Gable