[16 December 2012]
Fairy Light Club
Genre – We’re not allowed to talk about it
Turd On A Wire
Genre – No genre.. just a piece of crap
As Long As You’ve Got Your Elf
Genre – NHS takeover of the Shire
Citizen Candy Kane
Genre – Seasonal masterpiece
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. White Christmas is a song from which seasonal film?
WHITE CHRISTMAS [bonus point for Holiday Inn]
2. What is The Polar Express in the film of the same name?
3. Who played the lead role in It’s A Wonderful Life?
4. Scrooged is an adaptation of which Charles Dickens novella?
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
5. Kevin McCallister is the lead character in which film series?
6. Eastern Promises is set in which city? [bonus point for the baby’s name, as given by Anna]
7. Will Ferrell and James Caan play father and son in which Christmas movie? [bonus point for naming the film’s director]
ELF [Jon Favreau]
8. Which Batman film is set at Christmas?
9. What is the name of the superhero toy that Jamie wants for Christmas, in Jingle All The Way?
10. The Muppet Christmas Carol was released in which year?
ROUND II: Filming [Goldie Hawn Special]
1. Which of the following is the only film which stars Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? Overboard? Romancing The Stone? Out Of Africa?
2. Which actor plays the role of Dr. Ernest Menville in Death Becomes Her? Michael Douglas? Burt Reynolds? Bruce Willis?
3. Goldie Hawn starred alongside Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes in which sporting film? Major League? Wildcats? White Men Can’t Jump?
4. Which of the following is not a member of the eponymous First Wives Club? Meryl Streep? Diane Keaton? Bette Middler?
5. What was Goldie Hawn’s first film role? There’s A Girl In My Soup? Dollar? Cactus Flower?
6. What is the title character’s first name in Private Benjamin? June? Julie? Judy?
7. Goldie Hawn appeared in only one western, what was the title? Lovers And Liars? Town And Country? The Duchess And The Dirtwater Fox?
THE DUCHESS AND THE DITCHWATER FOX
8. 1978’s Foul Play is an homage to the work of which director? John Huston? Frank Capra? Alfred Hitchcock?
9. Which of the following was the poster tagline for Bird On A Wire? He’s every woman’s dream and one woman’s nightmare? There’s only one way these two are going to get along? Ninety minutes, six bullets, no choice?
HE’S EVERY WOMAN’S DREAM AND ONE WOMAN’S NIGHTMARE
10. The house used in HouseSitter was just an elaborate set and was torn down after the movie. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. The following is the poster tagline for which Danny Boyle film “Five saints, two boys and millions of pounds”?
2. An Affair To Remember plays a large part in the story of which 1993 romantic comedy.. that happens to take place at Christmas?
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
3. Jim Carrey, Anthony Hopkins and Jeffrey Tambor starred in which Ron Howard film?
HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS
4. What is the name of Billy’s pet gremlin in Gremlins?
5. What is written on the title card at the start of Ghostbusters 2?
5 YEARS LATER
6. In Rare Exports, Rauno and his friends herd what type of animals?
7. The director’s cut of Lethal Weapon is how many minutes longer than the theatrical release?
8. How many reindeer does Scott Calvin have in The Santa Clause?
9. What film was released 1947 and then remade in 1955, 1959, 1973 and 1994 under the same title?
MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET
10. The following songs are from which film: Jack’s Obsession, What’s This and Town Meeting?
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors do not portray one of Sam’s bosses in Brazil? Ian Holm? Ian Richardson? Jim Broadbent?
2. What is Gay Perry’s ringtone in Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang? I Will Survive? Walk On By? Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag?
I WILL SURVIVE
3. Which of the following is not one of Brad’s brothers in Four Christmases? Denver? Dallas? Detroit?
4. In Die Hard 2, what is John McClane’s response to “You’re the wrong guy, in the wrong place, at the wrong time”? Sounds like my headstone? Story of my life? Family motto?
STORY OF MY LIFE
5. What was Richard Curtis’ directorial debut? Bridget Jones’ Diary? Love, Actually? Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason?
6. How do the aboriginal tribes refer to Arthur Burns in The Proposition? The dog man? The wild beast? The untamed wolf?
THE DOG MAN
7. In Eyes Wide Shut, Bill Harford’s Venetian mask is made up of which two colours? Black/Red? White/Gold? Blue/Silver?
WHITE / GOLD
8. 2046 is narratively connected to two other Kar-wai Wong films, which of the following is not one of them? As Tears Go By? Days Of Being Wild? In The Mood For Love?
AS TEARS GO BY
9. Who directed L.A. Confidential? Curtis Hanson? Brian De Palma? Richard Donner?
10. Ray is the only In Bruges character seen killing other people. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: A Christmas Story / Deck The Halls / The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
Poster: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Actor: Charlie Chaplin