[02 December 2012]
The Meaning Of Life Of Pies
Genre – An expose of the increasing girth of Monty Python members
Genre – The Weasley brothers go on a drug-filled odyssey on motorbikes, looking for America
A Hard Day’s Nightgarden
Genre – Iggle Piggle and Upsey Daisy are chased through swinging London by teens
We Weren’t Born In The Sixties, So We DO Remember It
Genre – Documentary with wankers like Ferne Cotton remonising about the 60’s
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the private detective in the Shaft series?
2. What colour is Shrek?
3. In which film did Charlton Heston play Moses?
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
4. What does Carl use to move his house, in Up?
5. Cinderella Man, LA Confidential and Robin Hood all starred which actor?
6. The T-Birds is made up of how many members, in Grease? (Danny, Kenickie, Doody, Putzie, Sonny)
7. Ethan Hunt is the main character in which film series?
8. In Aladdin, Jafar’s staff depicts the head of which animal?
9. How many people survive the alien infestation on the Nostromo, in Alien?
ONE (not including the cat)
10. What is the name given to the trio of popular girls, in Mean Girls?
ROUND II: Filming [60s Films Special]
1. What was the title of the 1998 remake of Psycho? Psycho Killer? Psychotic? Psycho?
2. What is the name of the male Dalmatian in One Hundred And One Dalmatians? Bingo? Pongo? Rango?
3. Who played the eponymous character in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance? James Stewart? John Wayne? Lee Marvin?
4. How many prisoners does Bartlett plan on breaking out in The Great Escape? 250? 300? 350?
TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY
5. Which of the following Pink Panther movies did not star Peter Sellers? Revenge Of The Pink Panther? Trail Of The Pink Panther? Curse Of The Pink Panther?
CURSE OF THE PINK PANTHER
6. How many children make up the Von Trapp family, in The Sound Of Music? Six? Seven? Eight?
7. Blondie, Tuco and Angel Eyes are the lead characters in which film? The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? A Fistful Of Dollars? For A Few Dollars More?
THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
8. The following quote is from which film, “I think you’re the most attractive of all my parent’s friends”? Mary Poppins? The Graduate? Lolita?
9. What are the creatures in Night Of The Living Dead referred to as? Walkers? Zombies? Ghouls?
10. To date, Midnight Cowboy remains Jon Voight’s biggest box office success. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In Dog Day Afternoon, Sonny arrives to discover the daily cash pickup has been. How much cash is left in the bank?
2. What was George Clooney’s first voice acting role?
SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT
3. The Bodyguard was released in which year?
4. To date, Christopher Nolan has directed eight films. Of those, how many has he produced?
5. Which two actors play the James and Mollie in the Look Who’s Talking series? (one point per correct answer)
JOHN TRAVOLTA / KIRSTIE ALLEY
6. Major Archie Gates, Sergeant 1st Class Troy Barlow and Staff Sergeant Chief Elgin are the lead characters in which 1999 film?
7. Richard Kind and Dana Hill voiced which famous cartoon duo in 1992?
TOM / JERRY
8. The Great Outdoors is a 1988 comedy starring which two actors in the lead roles? (one point per correct answer)
DAN AYKROYD / JOHN CANDY
9. The following is the poster tagline from which film: “The new hero from the creators of Jaws and Star Wars”?
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
10. What is the name of Marty McFly’s home town in Back To The Future?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. In Rain Man, Charlie remember Ray from his childhood when he sings which Beatles song? I saw her standing there? Paperback writer? Ticket to ride?
I SAW HER STANDING THERE
2. What is the fourth animal to come out of the game, in Jumanji? Lion? Monkeys? Mosquitoes? [bonus point for the number on the dice]
LION (bats, mosquitoes, monkeys, lion) 
3. Which of the following was not directed by Renny Harlin? Die Hard 2? Cliffhanger? Dante’s Peak?
4. What was the image on the original theatrical poster for Rocky? Rocky at the top of the Museum steps? Rocky and Adrian walking hand in hand? A beaten-faced Rocky draped in a US flag?
ROCK AND ADRIAN WALKING HAND IN HAND
5. What was the title of the tenth Carry On film? Carry On Cleo? Carry On Doctor? Carry On Henry?
CARRY ON CLEO
6. Jaws is set in which ocean? Atlantic? Pacific? Southern?
7. Which film won the Oscar for best picture in 1974? Cabaret? The Godfather: Part II? The Sting?
8. Frankenstein was released in 1931. Bride Of Frankenstein was released how many years later? Four? Five? Six? [bonus point for naming the city Boris Karloff was born in]
9. Billy Pilgrim is the lead character in which 1972 film? Slaugherhouse-Five? Deliverance? Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes?
10. Sergio Leone was originally approached to direct The Godfather but turned it down as it “wasn’t interesting enough”. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Animal House / Vertigo / Mrs. Doubtfire
Poster: The Colour Purple
Actor: Veronica Lake