[18 November 2012]
I’ve Got A Dirty Hobbit
Genre – Confessional drama
Genre – Cowardly vampire-dog solves mysteries
We Don’t Have A Team Name
Genre – A last minute panic
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Sleepy Hollow is mostly set in which small US town? [bonus point for naming the city its also set in]
SLEEPY HOLLOW [New York]
2. Which actor created the silent character, the tramp?
3. In The Shining, which two letters of ‘REDRUM’ does Danny write backward? (one point per correct answer)
R / D (arguably M and U count)
4. What is the name of Tarzan’s female companion, as seen in several adaptations?
5. What was the title of the 1992 film in which Maggie Smith played a Reverend Mother of a convent housing a witness to a murder?
6. Basil Rathbone is known for his fourteen on-screen appearances as which literary character?
7. Who directed Forrest Gump?
8. What was the title of the sequel to Interview With A Vampire?
QUEEN OF THE DAMNED
9. In which year was Harvey released?
10. “Everybody runs” was the poster tagline for which Steven Spielberg film?
ROUND II: Filming [Christopher Lee Special]
1. Which role did Christopher Lee play in The Lord Of The Rings trilogy? Gandalf? Aragorn? Saruman?
2. Which of the Star Wars prequels did not feature Christopher Lee? The Phantom Menace? Attack Of The Clones? Revenge Of The Sith?
THE PHANTOM MENACE
3. Christopher Lee appeared in which Bond film? For Your Eyes Only? Diamonds Are Forever? The Man With The Golden Gun?
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN
4. Christopher Lee first played the role of Dracula in what year? 1948? 1952? 1958?
5. Excluding The Hobbit, documentaries and other upcoming releases, how many films has Christopher Lee appeared in? 193? 286? 419?
ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE
6. Christopher Lee played the role of Comte de Rochefort in how many films? Two? Three? Four? [bonus points for naming the films]
THREE [The Three Musketeers / The Four Musketeers / The Return Of The Musketeers]
7. Which of the following individuals has Christopher Lee not portrayed? Grigori Rasputin? Fu Manchu? Abraham Lincoln?
8. Christopher Lee played Dr. Catheter in which film? Charlie And The Chocolate Factory? Gremlins 2? Police Academy: Mission To Moscow?
9. Christopher Lee has only appeared in one Steven Spielberg film. Which was it? 1941? Close Encounters Of The Third Kind? Something Evil?
10. Christopher Lee is the only actor to play both Jesus and Lucifer. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Flagstone is the main town in which Sergio Leone film?
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
2. In 1973, Jimmy Stewart named which of his movies as his favourite?
IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE
3. In the James Bond universe, what does Q stand for?
4. Which film won best picture at the 73rd academy awards (2001)?
5. How many films have been directed by Ron Howard?
6. Seahaven is a coastal town inside a giant arcological dome in which film?
THE TRUMAN SHOW
7. To Kill A Mockingbird is based on the novel of the same name by which author?
8. The following is a quote from which film, “Excuse me, I think the word you’re searching for is space ranger”?
9. Raging Bull covers the career of Jake LaMotta to and from what year? (one point per correct answer)
1941 / 1964
10. Malcolm Crowe and Cole Sear are the lead characters in which film?
THE SIXTH SENSE
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Due to stricter filming rules, each time King Kong was rereleased (five times in total) certain scenes were cut. Which of the following was not one of the cut items? Kong undresses Ann Darrow then sniffs his fingers? Kong clumsily slips about on a frozen lake? The crew of the venture are set upon by giant spiders?
KONG CLUMSILY SLIPS ABOUT ON A FROZEN LAKE
2. In 1957’s Gunfight At The O.K. Corral, who played the role of Morgan Earp, Wyatt’s younger brother? James Doohan? William Shatner? DeForest Kelley?
3. Who directed 1963’s 8½? Federico Fellini? Michelangelo Antoninio? Bernardo Bertolucci?
4. Who played the role of Patton in the 1970 film of the same name? James Coburn? Lee Marvin? George C. Scott?
GEORGE C. SCOTT
5. Audrey Hepburn won her only Oscar for her role in which film? Roman Holiday? My Fair Lady? Breakfast At Tiffany’s?
6. How many hallucinatory individuals does John Nash see in A Beautiful Mind? Two? Three? Four?
7. The original last line of Arsenic And Old Lace was the same as the play “I’m not a Brewster, I’m a bastard” but this was changed because of the Hays code. What was it changed to? I’m a nobody? I’m a son of a sea cook? I’m whoever I want to be?
I’M A SON OF A SEA COOK
8. What colour is the tree of life’s sap in The Fountain? Red? White? Amber?
9. What did Stanley Kubrick direct before Paths Of Glory? Fear And Desire? Killer’s Kiss? The Killing?
10. Michael Caine’s stand in for Get Carter (in which he played gangster, Jack Carter) was coincidentally named Jack Carter. True or False?
BOUND IMAGE ROUND
Screenshots: Grosse Point Blank / The Negotiator / About Schmidt
Poster: The Edge
Actor: Bette Davis