[07 October 2012]
Team names lost to the electronic ether of the internet… sorry
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What type of animal is Po in Kung Fu Panda?
2. Who directed Inlgourious Basterds?
3. What type of ‘monster’ is the main antagonist in Night Of The Living Dead?
4. He’s Going To Tell and Camelot are songs from which Monty Python film?
MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL
5. Who played the lead role in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind?
6. Walter, Donny and The Dude all partake in which pastime, in The Big Lebowski?
7. What is the top grossing film focused on a killer whale? [bonus point for box office takings]
FREE WILLY [$77 million]
8. What was the most recent film directed by Martin Scorsese?
9. What are the names of the two mice that act as Cinderella’s sidekicks in 1950’s Cinderella? (one point per correct answer)
GUS / JAQ
10. Which two words did a German officer famously use to give away Flight Lt. Sandy MacDonald’s identity in The Great Escape? (one point per correct answer)
ROUND II: Filming [Sean Bean Special]
1. Sean Bean appeared in which James Bond film? Die Another Day? The World Is Not Enough? Goldeneye?
2. Patriot Games is based on the book by which author? Clive Cussler? Tom Clancy? Robert Ludlum?
3. When Saturday Comes sees Jimmy Muir working his way up to play for which team? Sheffield Wednesday? Sheffield United? Manchester City?
4. Which of the following did not star in Essex Boys? Sean Bean? Tom Wilkinson? Sean Pertwee?
5. Which character does Sean Bean play in Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Rings? Aragorn? Boromir? Gimli?
6. What is Ben’s estimated value of the eponymous National Treasure in the film of the same name? $One Hundred Million? $Ten Billion? $5 Trillion?
7. Which of the following Michael Bay films starred Sean Bean? Pearl Harbour? Bad Boys II? The Island?
8. The poem heavily featured in Equilibrium was penned by which Irish author? WB Yeats? Patrick Kavanagh? Brendan Behan?
9. Troy was made for $175 Million. How much did it make at the box office? $224 million? $366 million? $497 million?
10. The original script for Silent Hill contained an intentional entirely female cast. The studio sent a memo to Christophe Gans, demanding he add an equal number of male roles. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Dr. Alan Grant explains in Jurassic Park III that no force on Earth or heaven could get him on that island. What specifically changes his mind?
2. Who played the role of Debbie Jellinsky in Addams Family Values?
3. Canadian actor Christopher Hart is predominantly known for his roles in several films as which body part?
HAND (Addams Family series, Idle Hands, etc)
4. While on the phone to Avi, how many times does Franky Four-Fingers change clothes, in Snatch?
5. Which actors played the lead roles in What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (one point per correct answer)
JOAN CRAWFORD / BETTE DAVIS
6. What are the two longest running film franchises to date? (one point per correct answer)
JAMES BOND / GODZILLA (both 50 years)
7. Disney’s Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs was released in which year?
8. Faber College is the university in which iconic US comedy?
9. The following is the poster tagline from which film: “Just because they serve you, doesn’t mean they like you”?
10. How old is Liam Neeson?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Alan Arkin and Dan Aykroyd all starred in which film? Bullets Over Broadway? Serendipity? Grosse Point Blank? [bonus point for spelling Aykroyd correctly]
GROSSE POINT BLANK [AYKROYD]
2. Who starred in the title role in Gilda? Rita Hayworth? Lana Turner? Ingrid Bergman?
3. In The Boondock Saints, brothers Connor and Murphy McManus have respective tattoos that say Veritas and Aequitas. What do these words mean? Truth and Justice? Blood and Vengeance? Peace and War?
TRUTH AND JUSTICE
4. Which of the following is not one of Data’s gadgets, from The Goonies? Pinchers Of Peril? Slick Shoes? Handy Hand?
5. 1954’s The Barefoot Contessa was released and distributed by which studio? MGM? RKO? Paramount?
6. How many individuals make up the Young Guns in the film of the same name? Six? Seven? Eight?
SIX (Estevez, Sutherland, Diamond Phillips, Sheen, Mulroney, Siemaszko)
7. Who played the role of Giuseppe Baldini in Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer? Dustin Hoffman? Alan Rickman? Ben Whishaw?
8. During the opening sequence of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Raoul Duke is under the influence of which drug? Ether? Mescaline? Cocaine?
9. What was the name of Edward G. Robinson’s character in Double Indemnity? Edward Norton? Walter Neff? Barton Keyes?
10. Despite the title, none of the interior or exterior scenes were filmed in Fargo. True or False?
Maximum Potential Points:
ROUND I: 13
ROUND II: 10
ROUND III: 12
ROUND IV: 11