[29 July 2012]
The Jedi Knight Rises
Genre – Nolan directs an overly bloated sequel trilogy with lots of shaky cam
Born On The 4th Of May
Genre – Psychological thriller
Ewok Stir Fry
Genre – Culinary space opera
Star Wars Is Dead To Me. Stop It, Lucas, Just Stop It. And While We’re At It, Leave Indiana Jones Alone Too
Genre – A threat
Genre – An Ewokumentary about a Tatooine ABBA tribute band
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the hockey team in The Mighty Ducks?
2. What is the subtitle to the Jurassic Park sequel?
THE LOST WORLD
3. How many Meet The Parents films have been released to date?
4. Which two actors play the lead roles in Twins? (one point per correct answer)
DANNY DEVITO / ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
5. Which documentarian directed Bowling For Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11?
6. What two sports are the focus of Happy Gilmore? (one point per correct answer)
GOLF / HOCKEY
7. The Red Dragon prequel followed the successful release of which film?
8. In which year was Gorillas In The Mist: The Story Of Dian Fossey released?
9. Who directed Weird Science?
10. What was the title of the 1990 film directed by Sidney Poitier, starring Bill Cosby?
ROUND II: Filming [Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid Round]
1. How many Star Wars films did George Lucas direct? One? Two? Three?
2. Which part of the trilogy marks the first appearance of the glowing ghost image of Obi-Wan Kenobi? Star Wars? The Empire Strikes Back? Return Of The Jedi?
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
3. What rank does Han Solo and Lando Calrissian hold in Return Of The Jedi? Captain? Colonel? General?
4. When Princess Leia reveals the location of the rebel base, what is the planet she names, in Star Wars? Dantooine? Yavin IV? Endor?
5. What is the name of the creature that the rebels ride for surveillance, in The Empire Strikes Back? Gundark? Tauntaun? Wampa?
6. Is the second Death Star (seen in Return Of The Jedi) the same size, smaller or bigger than its predecessor? Same size? Smaller? Bigger?
7. Which of the following is not one of the squads in the Death Star run, in Star Wars? Blue? Red? Gold?
8. The first appearance of the emperor in The Empire Strikes Back is a visual composite of an actress and which animal? Chameleon? Chimpanzee? Cat?
9. How old was Warwick Davis when he played the role of Wicket, in Return Of The Jedi? Nine? Ten? Eleven?
10. Lando only has two changes of clothes, one of which is Han Solo’s outfit. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name as many of the 12 songs performed by Spinal Tap in This Is Spinal Tap (one point per correct answer)
HELL HOLE / TONIGHT I’M GONNA ROCK YOU TONIGHT / HEAVY DUTY / ROCK AND ROLL CREATION / AMERICA / CUPS AND CAKES / BIG BOTTOM / SEX FARM / STONEHENGE / GIMME SOME MONEY / ALL THE WAY HOME / LICK MY LOVE PUMP
2. The Alan Ladd film Saskatchewan is set in which country?
3. In HouseSitter, when Newton Davis first meets Gwen in a restaurant, what nationality does he assume she is?
4. 20th Century Fox’s independent subsidiary is Fox Searchlight, what is the independent distributor for Paramount?
5. The Gorgonites and the Commando Elite are two warring factions in which family film?
6. Which three actors portray the astronauts aboard Apollo 13, in the film of the same name? (one point per correct answer)
TOM HANKS / BILL PAXTON / KEVIN BACON
7. Who plays the Conlon’s lawyer in In The Name Of The Father?
8. The following is a quote from which film, “Now we’re going to do something extremely fun. We’re going to play a game called Who is my daddy and what does he do?”?
9. What are the surnames of the three men aboard the Orca who hunt the shark, in Jaws? (one point per correct answer)
QUINT / BRODY / HOOPER
10. There are five bold words on the poster for Carlito’s Way, two of which are the film’s title. What are the other three? (one point per correct answer)
PACINO / SEAN / PENN
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is essentially a remake of which 1964 film? Send Me No Flowers? The Carpetbaggers? Bedtime Story?
2. What is the title of Kevin Smith’s sixth film? Clerks II? Jersey Girl? Zack And Miri Make A Porno?
3. Which 1976 film was produced by David Frost (and is also heavily referenced in Frost/Nixon)? The Slipper And The Rose? A Star Is Born? Network?
THE SLIPPER AND THE ROSE
4. What causes Helen to go blind in Magnificent Obsession? Staring at the sun during an eclipse? Chemical spill? Car accident?
5. Who plays the title role in The Glenn Miller Story? Bing Crosby? James Stewart? Dean Martin?
6. Which of the following is not a plot thread from 1970’s Airport? Celebrity breakdown? Snowstorm? Suicide bomber?
7. Which of the following actors starred in The Blob? Yul Brynner? Robert Vaughn? Steve McQueen?
8. What did Alan Parker direct after Evita? Angela’s Ashes? The Commitments? The Life Of David Gale?
9. What is the title of the only Hitchcock film to star Paul Newman? The Wrong Man? Torn Curtain? The Trouble With Harry?
10. During filming of Bollywood film Devdas, a wind machine fell over and decapitated a crew member, spattering Aishwarya Rai. True or False?