[17 June 2012]
Mum Likes It Hot
Genre – Raunchy comedy
Genre – If you go down to the woods today-centric horror. Music by Phil Collins
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fly, Kiss Your Sister, Maker Her Cry
Genre – Sexy six legged spy caper
Genre – Kafka penned disaster epic
James And His Shy Aunt’s Peach
Genre – A children’s adventure where James succumbs to his aunt’s peach and goes on a magical adventure with insects
Incest: A Game For All The Family
Genre – Fly on the wall documentary
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What type of creature infests the town of Canaima in Arachnophobia?
2. Mamma Mia features songs by which band?
3. What is Patch Adams’ occupation in the film of the same name?
4. What type of car is famously used in The Italian Job?
5. Who does Leonardo DiCaprio portray in The Aviator?
6. Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid is a parody of which genre?
7. What was Ang Lee’s mainstream breakthrough release?
CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON
8. Serve the public, protect the innocent and uphold the law were the prime directives of which science fiction character?
9. When introducing himself to the main character, what does Tyler Durden explain he makes for a living, in Fight Club?
10. Name all 5 villains that Spider-Man faces in Raimi’s trilogy. (one point per correct answer)
GREEN GOBLIN / DOCTOR OCTOPUS / SANDMAN / VENOM / HARRY OSBORNE (or Green Goblin II or New Goblin or Baby Goblin Jnr)
ROUND II: Filming [Insects/Incest Special Round]
1. Antz was the first CGI animated film to be released on which format? 3D Blu-Ray? VHS? DVD?
2. Which type of bug is the central focus in Joe’s Apartment? Spider? Cockroach? Mosquito?
3. What is the name of the lead character in A Bug’s Life? Flick? Zee? Chip?
4. How many words make up the full title for Borat? 19? 8? 12?
5. What colour is the egg that spawned Mothra? Red and Green? Blue and Yellow? Orange and White?
BLUE AND YELLOW
6. Which character in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre tells the group of kids, “My family’s always been in meat”? The Hitchhiker? Leatherface? Grandpa? [bonus point for naming the family surname]
7. Which song was omitted from the US release of The Rocky Horror Picture Show for being too depressing? I’m Going Home? Floor Show? Super Heroes?
8. What is the gift Oh Dae-su bought for his daughter at the start of Oldboy? Umbrella? Wings? Frying pan?
9. Who was the cinematographer on Back To The Future? Dean Cundey? Roger Deakins? Laszlo Kovacs?
10. In Guillermo Del Toro’s Mimic, there is a scene in which F. Murray Abraham is listening to the music of Salieri – the composer he portrayed in Amadeus. True or False?
FALSE (it’s Rondeau)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What did David Lynch direct in 1990?
WILD AT HEART
2. The Deer Hunter was released by which production company?
3. The following is a quote from which John Candy film, “Here’s a quarter. Why don’t you take a bus downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face”?
4. Jimmy Markum, Sean Devine and Dave Boyle are the three main characters in which Clint Eastwood film?
5. Which 80’s rock star makes a cameo in The Wedding Singer?
6. From Here To Eternity, The Rainmaker and Elmer Gantry all starred which actor?
7. Which film won the Oscar for best picture in 2002?
8. According to Malone in The Untouchables, what’s the first rule of law enforcement?
MAKE SURE WHEN YOUR SHIFT IS OVER, YOU GO HOME ALIVE
9. What type of animal does Sy keep as a pet, in One Hour Photo?
10. What is the name of Russell Crowe’s character in Romper Stomper?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre’s iconic quote, “We ain’t got no badges, we don’t need no badges. I don’t have to show you any stinkin’ badges” was said by a member of which group? Bandits? Rebeldes? Federales?
2. How is Mary Lenox’s parents killed at the start of The Secret Garden? Tiger attack? Earthquake? Skiing accident?
3. Which of the following films was described by critics as an inept, tacky, 100 minute long commercial for Nintendo? The Last Starfighter? WarGames? The Wizard?
4. In Gone Baby Gone, Helene McCready explains her missing daughter’s favourite doll is called Mirabelle. What is the doll’s actual name? Annabelle? Miranda? Dolly?
5. Anthony Hopkins portrayed which US president in Amistad? James Monroe? John Quincy Adams? Andrew Jackson?
JOHN QUINCY ADAMS
6. What is the alias of the child kidnapper in Man On Fire? El Commando Sombre? Jack Frost? The Voice?
7. Which of the following is not one of The Little Rascals? Bucky? Spanky? Froggy?
8. How many times did James Cagney and Pat O’Brien star alongside one another? Six? Nine? Twelve?
9. Which of the following was not released in 1952? Ivanhoe? The Quiet Man? Rio Bravo? [bonus point for naming the actual release year]
RIO BRAVO 
10. Whilst filming Gunfight At The OK Corral, Kirk Douglas grew a moustache solely to irritate Burt Lancaster, who was told to shave his off for the role of Wyatt Earp. True or False?