[03 June 2012]
Tony Hart Of Darkness
Genre – Beloved kids TV artist voyages to Vietnam to kill Colonel Morph
Genre – Tested for infection, bound by warts – British attack the German fronts one vagina at a time (poster was also made)
Genre – Like constipation, it’s a lot of effort for a little pay-off
Jubi-leaving Las Vegas
Genre – Sick of celebrating, the Queen drinks herself to death
Genre – Neo-realism
Harry Jotter & The Half Done Prints
Genre – Harry gets obsessed with Tony Hart
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the beauty pageant in Little Miss Sunshine?
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
2. Hook was a unofficial sequel to which story?
3. What was the subtitle to the sequel to Hot Shots!?
4. How many angels adorn the top of the ark of the covenant, in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
5. Moonraker, Star Trek and Alien were all released in which year?
6. Who directed Memento?
7. Which sport is the main focus of 1976’s Bad News Bears? [bonus point for naming the actor who plays the coach]
BASEBALL [Walter Matthau]
8. Which Scorsese film opens with the quote, “As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster”?
9. Which animal is Friar Tuck supposed to be in Disney’s Robin Hood?
10. Which animal co-starred with Clint Eastwood in Every Which Way But Loose?
ROUND II: Filming [Drawing Round]
1. How many candles were on the cake at the end of Sixteen Candles?
2. Draw Kermit the Frog.
3. Draw a xenomorph from the Alien franchise.
4. Iron Man: Draw Tony Stark’s beard.
5. Draw the Enterprise (NCC 1601 A) from Star Trek.
6. Complete the poster: A Clockwork Orange.
7. Draw Malone’s weapon of choice in Untouchables. Tommy gun? Shotgun? Rifle?
8. Draw the Jurassic Park logo.
9. Complete the poster: Breakfast At Tiffany’s.
10. Draw Alfred Hitchcock.
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. According to Monty Python’s Life Of Brian, what have the Romans ever given us? (one point per correct answer)
AQUEDUCT / SANITATION / ROADS / IRRIGATION / MEDICINE / EDUCATION
2. Coolio’s Gansta’s Paradise was released to promote which Michelle Pfeifer film?
3. Which two actors played Norman Bates in the 1960 and 1998 versions of Psycho? (one point per correct answer)
ANTHONY PERKINS / VINCE VAUGHN
4. She’s All That was an adaptation of which George Bernard Shaw play?
5. Peter’s Friends starred several British actors, such as Kenneth Branagh, Hugh Laurie, Tony Slattery and Stephen Fry. Who played Peter?
6. Who directed 1984’s Repo Man?
7. Hitchcock directed two films entitled The Man Who Knew Too Much. What years were they both released? (one point per correct answer)
1934 / 1956
8. What is the name given to the nocturnal aliens in Pitch Black?
9. The comatose scientist in 1966’s Fantastic Voyage was defecting from which country?
10. Before joining the army, what does John Winger do for a living in Stripes?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which Werner Herzog film is about a Jewish strongman and a cabaret mystic in Weimar Germany? Invincible? Lessons Of Darkness? My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?
2. Which of the following is not a quote from a Daniel Day Lewis film? “There is no land of tolerance, no peace. Not here or anywhere else”? “I’ve built my hatreds up over the years, little by little”? “That’s what preserves the order of things; fear”? [bonus point for naming the film it comes from]
THERE IS NO LAND OF TOLERANCE, NO PEACE. NOT HERE, OR ANYWHERE ELSE [X-Men]
3. What year was Straw Dogs released? 1970? 1971? 1972?
4. What is the name of the presidential train in Wild Wild West? The Loveless? The Wanderer? The Intrepid?
5. In Eagle Vs Shark what animal does Jarrod attend the fancy dress party as? Shark? Crocodile? Eagle?
6. What is the title of the only film to star Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier and Steve Guttenberg? The Bedroom Window? P.S. Your Cat Is Dead? The Boys From Brazil?
THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL
7. In which country is Ken Russell’s The Devils set? France? Germany? Scotland? [bonus points for naming the lead actors]
FRANCE [Oliver Reed / Vanessa Redgrave]
8. Which arm did Max (John Cusack) lose in World War I in the 2002 film, Max? Left? Right? Both?
9. Cary Grant often claimed that the character he played in which film was the closest to his own personality? Walk, Don’t Run? Father Goose? Charade?
10. According to Clint Eastwood, whilst working on Joe Kidd, Elmore Leonard would turn up every day, watch everything that was going on, drink a bottle of whiskey and go home without saying a word. True or False?