[22 April 2012]
The Christopher Nolan Sisters
Genre – Documentary about light entertainment singers who people think are better than they are
Genre – Gritty panto reboot starring Christopher Biggins
Genre – Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt enter Johnny Depp’s mind to stop him making those horrible films with Tim Burton
Genre – Inception.. backwards! or Batman doesn’t begin
Marley & Ali
Genre – Bi-biopic starring Eddie Murphy and Eddie Murphy
Schindler’s List 2: Hitler’s Revenge
Genre – War drama/Screwball comedy
The Man With The Batman Tattoo
Genre – Comic thriller
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What type of aquatic animal is the main antagonist in Jaws?
2. What is the name of Tommy Lee Jones’ character in the Men In Black franchise?
3. What was the first film to gross over one billion dollars at the box office?
4. Who played the title role in 1981’s Arthur?
5. What was the title of the first James Bond movie?
6. What is the name of the inspector in the Pink Panther films? [bonus point for correct spelling]
7. Which two actors received top billing in The Cannonball Run? (one point per correct answer)
BURT REYNOLDS / ROGER MOORE
8. What year was The Big Lebowski released?
9. Rydell High School is the main location of which film?
10. In Blazing Saddles everyone in the town of Rock Ridge have the same surname. What is it?
ROUND II: Filming [Christopher Nolan Special]
1. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are based on which DC comic book character? Superman? Batman? Aquaman?
2. How does Leonard keep track of the clues in Memento? Voicemails? Tattoos? Post-it notes?
3. Which Batman villain appears in Batman Begins? The Joker? Scarecrow? The Riddler? [bonus point for the character’s actual name]
SCARECROW [Jonathan Crane]
4. Which of the following did not star in The Prestige? David Bowie? Rebecca Hall? Ellen Page?
5. In Inception, which character said, “Only I know the balance and weight of this particular loaded die. That way, when you look at your totem, you know beyond a doubt that you’re not in someone else’s dream”? Eames? Arthur? Ariadne?
6. Which side of Harvey Dent’s coin is scarred in The Dark Knight? Heads? Tails? Both?
7. What is the name of Nolan’s first feature film? Followers? Following? Follow Me?
8. The opening scene of Inception takes place in whose subconscious? Saito? Arthur? Fischer?
9. Memento: Unhappy with Panoliano’s delivery of the line “You don’t have a clue, you freak!” Nolan had the last two words ADR’d by whom? Alec Baldwin? Carrie-Anne Moss? Christopher Nolan?
10. Harrison Ford was first choice for the role of William Dorner (Al Pacino’s role) in Insomnia. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In The Shawshank Redemption we see that Andy Dufresne’s cell has a single poster hanging on the wall. The first is Rita Hayworth, the third is Raquel Welch, who is the second?
2. What are the subtitles of the three Free Willy sequels? (one point per correct answer)
THE ADVENTURE HOME / THE RESCUE / ESCAPE FROM PIRATE’S COVE
3. What does Short Round say before jabbing Indiana Jones with a flaming torch in The Temple Of Doom?
INDY, I LOVE YOU
4. The following films are all based on which event, A Night To Remember, No Greater Love and In Nacht Und Eis (In Night And Ice)?
SINKING OF THE TITANIC
5. What was the iconic poster tagline for Ridley Scott’s Alien?
IN SPACE, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
6. How old is Shirley Valentine in the 1989 film of the same name?
7. The following is a quote from which Steve Martin film, “It’s not the size of the nose that matters, it’s what’s inside that counts”?
8. “If it bleeds we can kill it” is a quote from which Arnold Schwarzenegger film?
9. Woody Harrelson has only appeared in one Coen Brothers film. Which one?
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
10. Which two actors starred in the lead roles in Irving Berlin’s Blue Skies? (one point per correct answer)
FRED ASTAIRE / BING CROSBY
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the top grossing US film in 1953, behind Peter Pan? The Robe? From Here To Eternity? Shane? [bonus point for naming the difference taken, in million dollars]
THE ROBE [$70,840,000]
2. Roman Polanski, Sydney Pollack and Martin Scorsese were all originally approached to direct which Universal film? Minority Report? The Terminal? Schindler’s List?
3. Melanie Daniels, Mitch Brenner and Lydia Brenner are the main characters in which Hitchcock film? The Man Who Knew Too Much? The Birds? Shadow Of A Doubt?
4. Which actor was originally cast as Barney Rubble before Rick Moranis in The Flintstones? Danny DeVito? Tom Cruise? Matthew Broderick?
DANNY DE VITO
5. Bengt Ekerot played which character in The Seventh Seal? Antonius Block? Jof? Death?
6. Returning home from World War I, what does Eddie Bartlett try to order at the speakeasy, in The Roaring Twenties? Orange Juice? Milk? Coffee? [bonus point for naming the actor who played Bartlett]
MILK [James Cagney]
7. The cannibals in The 13th Warrior (the Wendol) live like and wear the skins of which animal? Bears? Deer? Wolves?
8. Who directed Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner? Mark Robson? Stanley Kramer? Mike Nichols?
9. What is the title of the 1996 Ted Danson film about the Loch Ness monster? Magic In The Water? Nessie? Loch Ness?
10. Despite the complete lack of music in the car chase in The French Connection, the footage was cut to the tempo of Satana’s Black Magic Woman. True or False?