[25 March 2012]
True Or False: During The Final Change Scene In Vice Versa Where Both Characters Are Only Wearing Pants, The Actors Couldn’t Stop Laughing So There Was A Cut Between Each Line
Genre – Fiction or Non-Fiction
The Very Hungry Centipede
Genre – A battle royale between deviant sexual scientists
Carry On Quizzing
Genre – The alleged 32nd entry in the comedy pantheon
The Fungus Games
Genre – Teenagers fight to survive a deadly fungus/verucca
Fairly Normal Activity
Genre – Documentary of an average household
The Younger Games
Genre – Family comedy: 24 kids, 1 arena, Gary Glitter
The Tragic History Of Alan Smithee
Genre – Historical sci-fi zombie documentary
Genre – Coming of age movie of young athlete bringing the Egg & Spoon Race to the Olympics
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the lead archaeologist in the Indiana Jones series?
INDIANA JONES [bonus point for Henry Jones Jnr]
2. What type of creature does Scott Howard become in Teen Wolf?
WEREWOLF / WOLF / TEEN WOLF?
3. What are the names of Dorothy’s three companions in The Wizard Of Oz? (one point per correct answer)
SCARECROW / TIN MAN / COWARDLY LION
4. What is the title of the sequel to Batman Begins?
THE DARK KNIGHT
5. The Babe is based on which historic baseball figure? [bonus point for naming the lead actor]
BABE RUTH [John Goodman]
6. Who portrayed Eddie Felson in The Hustler and The Colour Of Money?
7. What are the first names of the four Ghostbusters in the film of the same name? (one point per correct answer)
RAY / EGON / PETER / WINSTON
8. What remake did Peter Jackson direct after The Lord Of The Rings?
9. The Marx Brothers’ Duck Soup was released in what year?
10. What type of crop field does Ray Kinsella build his baseball field on, in Field Of Dreams?
ROUND II: Filming [True Or False Special]
1. Shooting for Jurassic Park III began before the script was finished. True or False?
2. Unable to figure out how to trick the blind flower girl that the tramp was wealthy (in City Lights), Charlie Chaplin ordered the same scene shot 342 times. True or False?
3. Vincent Price’s last on-screen appearance before he died was a death scene. True or False?
4. After Vertigo flopped in cinemas, Hitchcock blamed long-time collaborator James Stewart for looking too old and never worked with him again. True or False?
5. In the final scene in Scarface, Al Pacino grabbed the M16/M203 rifle by the barrel. Although he was only firing blanks, he badly burned his hand and filming was suspended for weeks. True or False?
6. The line “I’ll be back” from The Terminator was actually scripted as “I’ll come back”. True or False?
7. The alien language (clicking sound) in District 9 was a recording of a pumpkin being rubbed. True or False?
8. Originally, Mervyn LeRoy wanted to use MGM’s mascot Leo The Lion as the cowardly lion in The Wizard Of Oz with dubbed lines. True or False?
9. For the scenes set at sea, during Ben Hurr, a dye was developed to alter the colour of the water. This led to an extra who was left in the water too long turning blue. True or False?
TRUE (he was kept on MGM’s payroll until it wore off)
10. When working on The Jungle Book Walt Disney told the writers to ignore Rudyard Kipling’s book, starting with the pronunciation of Mowgli. True or False?
TRUE (According to Rudyard Kipling’s daughter, it should be Mao-gli, not Moh-gli)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is the first line from 1992’s Aladdin (also the opening line from the song Arabian Nights)? (one point if close, two if exactly right)
OH, I COME FROM A LAND, FROM A FAR AWAY PLACE, WHERE THE CARAVAN CAMELS ROAM
2. The Monty Python crew play various roles in The Holy Grail. Which one portrays the most? [bonus point for stating how many roles]
MICHAEL PALIN 
3. What was the first colour film to win the Oscar for best picture?
GONE WITH THE WIND
4. Despite the fact the name of the film is Three Kings, there are four men in the group. Who played them? (one point per correct answer)
GEORGE CLOONEY / ICE CUBE / MARK WAHLBERG / SPIKE JONZE
5. Who played Charlie McGee, the nine year old title character in 1984’s Firestarter?
6. Excluding the upcoming Cloud Atlas, how many films have the Wachowski’s [Andy and Lana] directed?
FIVE (Bound / The Matrix / The Matrix Reloaded / The Matrix Revolutions / Speed Racer)
7. Which British comedy duo starred in The Intelligence Men, That Riviera Touch, The Magnificent Two and Night Train To Murder?
MORECAMBE AND WISE
8. What two words does Mr. Miyagi say when Daniel catches a fly with a pair of chopsticks, in The Karate Kid?
9. In Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey, the title characters challenge Death to several games, four of which we see. Name them. (one point per correct answer)
BATTLESHIP / CLUEDO / ELECTRIC FOOTBALL / TWISTER
10. What were the titles of the first, twenty fifth and fiftieth animated Disney classic? (one point per correct answer)
SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS / THE BLACK CAULDRON / TANGLED (1938 / 1985 / 2010)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the elusive hacker in Ghost In The Shell? The Puppet Master? The Laughing Man? The Individual Eleven?
THE PUPPET MASTER
2. In which film did God appear to the main character and say, “It’s a pity you didn’t sign The Smiths but you were right about Mick Hucknell – his music’s rubbish and he’s a ginger”? That Thing You Do? 24 Hour Party People? Double Platinum?
24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE
3. Which of the following was not directed by the Coen brothers? The Ladykillers? The Man Who Wasn’t There? Welcome To Colinwood?
WELCOME TO COLINWOOD
4. What are the name of the police force that terminate ‘runners’ in Logan’s Run? Agents? Enforcers? Sandmen?
5. Which of the following films did Ted Kotcheff not direct? First Blood? Weekend At Bernie’s? The NeverEnding Story?
THE NEVERENDING STORY
6. How many feature films has Martin Scorsese directed to date? 18? 22? 26?
7. In his alliterative introduction, how many words beginning with V does V use, in V For Vendetta (excl. his name)? 22? 35? 47?
8. What is the name of the conjoined twin character in Jeunet’s The City Of Lost Children? The octopus? The spider? The snake?
9. What did Cameron Crowe direct after Jerry Maguire? Vanilla Sky? Almost Famous? Elizabethtown?
10. A large portion of the budget for The Dam Busters was devoted to drawing over each frame that featured cockpit glass and goggles, to add the necessary reflection. True or False?