[26 February 2012]
Hot Fuzzy Felt
Genre – Porn/Muppet crossover starring Simon Pegg
It’s Not Easy Being Greek
Genre – Kermit documentary on Eurozone crisis
Piggy And Kermy Make A Porno
Genre – Harrowing tale of how Ms. Piggy got a frog in her throat
Pigs In Space: 1999 Rods To Strings
Genre – Controversial documentary of Gerry Anderson’s attempt to get the Muppets rights
Genre – Kermit-Lynchian drama
Silence Of The Hams
Genre – The fuzzy felty friends finally tire of Ms. Piggy
Midnight In (A) Yaris
Genre – A fantasy drama where, at midnight, people go back in time in a Toyota Yaris
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the method of intergalactic travel called in Stargate?
2. What type of creature attacks Bodega Bay in The Birds? [bonus point for the subtitle of the 1994 sequel]
BIRDS [Birds II: Land’s End]
3. Who directed The Godfather trilogy?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
4. Who played the title role in Edward Scissorhands?
5. What colour is Bo’s car in Smokey And The Bandit?
6. Space Jam features which NBA star?
7. Draw the Ghostbusters logo.
(1 point for rough shape, 2 points for fully logo)
8. Duncan Jones’ Source Code is set on which mode of transport?
9. What is the name of Jennifer Connelly’s character in Labyrinth?
SARAH (surname never confirmed but possibly Sarah Williams)
10. Of Charles Bronson and James Garner, which character was recaptured in The Great Escape?
ROUND II: Filming [The Muppets Special]
1. Up until recently who voiced several characters including Fozzie Bear, Ms. Piggy and Animal? Frank Oz? Kirk Douglas? Buster Keaton?
2. Which character did Tim Curry play in Muppet Treasure Island? Billy Bones? Captain Flint? Long John Silver?
LONG JOHN SILVER
3. What instrument does Kermit play? Piano? Banjo? Harp?
4. The Great Muppet Caper was made how many years after The Muppet Movie? One? Two? Three?
5. What is the name of the new Muppet introduced in 2011’s The Muppets? Sam? Uncle Deadly? Walter?
6. ‘More entertaining than humanly possible’ was the poster tagline for which film? The Muppet Movie? The Great Muppet Caper? Muppets From Space?
THE MUPPET MOVIE
7. Which was the only Muppet movie to be directed by Jim Henson? The Great Muppet Caper? The Muppets Take Manhattan? The Muppet Christmas Carol?
THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER
8. Which of the following did not cameo in The Muppets Take Manhattan? Liza Minnelli? Mel Brooks? Elliot Gould?
9. Who is the only director to direct more than one Muppet movie? Tim Hill? Frank Oz? Brian Henson?
10. Cameo actors Ray Liotta and Hulk Hogan were so angry with the constant changes to the script for Muppets From Space that they stole the Gonzo puppets and refused to release them until the rewrites stopped. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Name as many of the subtitles from the Police Academy series as you can. (one point per correct answer)
THEIR FIRST ASSIGNMENT / BACK IN TRAINING / CITIZENS ON PATROL / ASSIGNMENT: MIAMI BEACH / CITY UNDER SIEGE / MISSION TO MOSCOW
2. In My Girl, Thomas dies from an allergic reaction to what?
3. What are the Coen brothers first names? (one point per correct answer) [bonus point for stating which one is older]
JOEL / ETHAN [Joel – three years older]
4. Who played the lead roles in The Way We Were? (one point per correct answer)
ROBERT REDFORD / BARBARA STREISAND
5. At the start of Starship Troopers, Johnny Rico starts off as a private, what is he promoted to by the end of the film?
6. The following quote is from which film: “A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth but nobody should be asked to handle this trip”?
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
7. Which actor portrayed James Bond (in the official canon) in between Sean Connery and Sean Connery?
8. What was the number of the hotel room that Danny is told to stay out of in The Shining?
9. Name all five members of the Parr family in The Incredibles. (one point per correct answer)
BOB / HELEN / DASHIELL / VIOLET / JACK-JACK
10. According to Escape From New York, in what year was New York turned into a maximum security prison?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Francis, Rosie and Molt are all characters in which animated film? Bee Movie? Antz? A Bug’s Life?
A BUG’S LIFE
2. Josey Wales has a scar down which side of his face? Left? Right? Centre?
RIGHT (his right)
3. The Jonathan Lynn film, Clue, was released in cinemas with how many different endings? Two? Three? Four?
THREE (known as Ending A, B or C)
4. Who played the characters Seth Brundle, David Levinson and New Jersey? Jeff Goldblum? Sam Neill? Vince Vaughn?
5. Kevin Kline played the role of which actor in 1992’s Chaplin? Errol Flynn? Douglas Fairbanks? Clark Gable?
6. Serpico was filmed in all but one of New York’s five boroughs. Which one was not used? Brooklyn? Queens? Staten Island?
7. Who directed the following films: Tess, Bitter Moon and The Ninth Gate? Roman Polanski? Anthony Minghella? Milos Forman?
8. On which of the Mission Impossible films was Tom Cruise paid less than seventy million dollars? Mission Impossible? Mission Impossible III? Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol? [bonus point for stating how much he was paid]
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL [12.5 million]
9. Which of the following films was not set and filmed during World War II? Casablanca? From Here To Eternity? Sherlock Holmes And The Voice Of Terror?
FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
10. Leonardo DiCaprio wore a wig throughout filming of Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet. True or False?
FALSE (but Claire Danes did)