[01 January 2012]
Josef Conrad’s The Fart Of Darkness: The Search For Colonel Burps
Genre – Flatulent adaptation
Genre – Brando stars in a Mrs. Doubtfire remake but his punishments are far more severe than the original
Mind The Oranges, Marlon
Genre – 3D tale of green grocery
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
Genre – A dairy-free sex drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the book that Requiem For A Dream was adapted from?
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM
2. Jane Eyre is based on the novel by which author?
3. What animal was Dumbo, in the Disney film of the same name?
4. What colour is ET?
5. John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Stockard Channing and Jeff Conaway all featured in which film?
6. Who plays the role of Al Capone in 1987’s The Untouchables? [bonus point for stating who wrote the screenplay]
ROBERT DE NIRO [David Mamet]
7. What type of toy is Woody in Toy Story?
COWBOY [half ponus point for pull-string doll]
8. Randy ‘The Ram’ Robinson is a wrestler in which film? [bonus point for naming the actor who played him]
THE WRESTLER [Micky Rourke]
9. Which Danny Boyle film starred Peter Mullan, Robert Carlyle and Ewan McGregor?
10. Who plays the title role in King Ralph?
ROUND II: Filming [Marlon Brando Special]
1. Who played Don Vito Corleone in The Godfather? **3000th question asked!**
2. Brando plays Johnny Strabler, leader of the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in which film? The Young Lions? One-Eyed Jacks? The Wild One?
THE WILD ONE
3. Brando won his first Oscar for his role in which film? Julius Caesar? Desiree? On The Waterfront?
ON THE WATERFRONT
4. How old was Brando when he starred in A Streetcar Named Desire? 24? 27? 30?
5. Who starred alongside Brando in Last Tango In Paris? Vivien Leigh? Maria Schneider? Sandra Church?
6. In what year was Apocalypse Now released? 1968? 1974? 1979?
7. What was the name of Brando’s debut film? Sayonara? The Men? Guys And Dolls?
8. Following the success of A Streetcar Named Desire, Kazan and Brando reunited in 1952 for which film? The Arrangement? A Dry White Season? Viva Zapata?
9. The following is a quote from which film, “Live as one of them to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage”? Bedtime Story? The Island Of Dr. Moreau? Superman?
10. Marlon Brando refused to smile in the final scene of his final movie, The Score, believing it was out of place for the character. Subsequently, the director added a CGI smile to Brando’s face. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many different characters does Peter Sellers play in Dr. Strangelove?
2. In what film do Christian Slater and Winona Ryder play a teenage couple?
3. What breed of snakes does Sallah state are in the Well Of Souls in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
4. What was the name of the organ player in Kill Bill, played by Samuel L. Jackson?
5. The stoning scene in Life Of Brian takes place over the use of what word?
6. Up until the start of 2011, how many films has Adam Sandler appeared in (excluding documentaries and cameos)?
7. Of Captain Miller’s six-man-squad, in Saving Private Ryan, how many men survive until the end of the film?
ONE (Reiben / Horvath, Mellish, Jackson, Wade, Caparzo)
8. Who directed 1959’s Plan 9 From Outer Space?
9. Who played the lead role of Brian Flanagan, a man who leaves the US army, moves to New York and becomes a bartender, in 1988?
TOM CRUISE (in Cocktail)
10. Which film featured the following quote: “How should I know where we are? I feel like a pig shat in my head!”?
WITHNAIL & I
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following did not feature Elizabeth Taylor? National Velvet? Tonight And Every Night? Suddenly, Last Summer?
TONIGHT AND EVERY NIGHT
2. Which of Macaulay Culkin’s brothers co-starred alongside him in Home Alone 1 + 2? Kieran? Rory? Quinn? [bonus point for the character’s name]
3. Which of the following is not a gang in West Side Story? Blades? Jets? Sharks?
4. What is the name of Class B’s teacher, in Battle Royale? Kitano? Kawada? Chigusa?
5. How many composers worked on the score for 1995’s Rob Roy? [bonus point for naming Michael Caton-Jones’ most recent release] Three? Four? Five?
FOUR (Carter Burwell / Jerry Goldsmith / Michael Tavera / Christopher Young) [Basic Instinct 2]
6. What is the name of Dewey Finn’s band in School Of Rock? No Vacancy? No Way Out? No Limit?
7. Which of the following did not star in Muppet Treasure Island? Billy Connolly? Jennifer Saunders? Dawn French?
8. What did Jonathan Demme direct before Philadelphia? Married To The Mob? The Manchurian Candidate? The Silence Of The Lambs?
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
9. Richard Harris played which Roman emperor in Gladiator? Lucius Verus? Marcus Aurelius? Septimius Severus?
10. During filming of Girl With A Pearl Earring, Colin Firth had to sign a contract stipulating he couldn’t smoke, after setting fire to half of the prop portraits. True or False?