[18 December 2011]
Quantum Of Doris
Genre – Contemporary gritty James Bond reboot with songs
Doris Day Of The Triffids
Genre – Mutation attacks Doris Day, she then attacks the world!
A Nightmare On Elm Hill Before Christmas
Genre – Even in an area as attractive as Tombland, Freddy Kreuger discovers that last minute Christmas shopping is not a good idea
Terminator II: Doris Day
Genre – Sci-Fi Musical
Terminator II: Judgement Doris Day
Genre – Sci-fi documentary career retrospective
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which holiday does Ernest aid in Ernest Saves Christmas?
2. How many Home Alone films feature Macaulay Culkin? [bonus point for naming Culkin’s last film before disappearing from cinemas for a decade]
TWO [Ritchie Rich]
3. What is the Polar Express in the film of the same name?
4. How many years passed between the 1947 original and 90s remake of Miracle On 34th Street?
5. Which US city does Buddy travel to, to meet his father, in Elf?
NEW YORK CITY
6. What object is Vigo The Carpathian’s soul trapped in, in Ghostbusters II?
7. Which Muppet character plays the role of Charles Dickens in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
THE GREAT GONZO
8. Frank Capra, James Stewart, Donna Reed and Henry Travers all worked on which Christmas classic?
IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE
9. What is the name of Jack Skellington’s dog, in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
10. What was the first Die Hard film not to take place on Christmas Eve?
DIE HARD: WITH A VENGEANCE
ROUND II: Filming [Doris Day Special]
1. James Cagney, Rock Hudson, Frank Sinatra, James Stewart, Cary Grant and Clark Gable all starred alongside which actress?
2. What year was Doris Day’s last film released? 1941? 1955? 1968?
3. In The Man Who Knew Too Much, Dr. McKenna and his wife are taking a holiday in which North African country? Egypt? Morocco? Algeria?
4. Day received her only academy award nomination for which film? Pillow Talk? Teacher’s Pet? Young At Heart?
5. Which Day western/musical featured the number one hit, “Secret Love”? Lucky Me? Calamity Jane? The Ballad Of Josie?
6. What was the title of Doris Day’s feature film debut? It’s A Great Feeling? My Dream Is Yours? Romance On The High Seas?
ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS
7. Which Day film is a biopic of dancer-cum-actress Ruth Etting? Love Me Or Leave Me? By The Light Of The Silvery Moon? Starlift?
LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME
8. What was the name of Day’s character in The Thrill Of It All? Carol Templeton? Jan Morrow? Beverly Boyer?
9. Who starred alongside Day in Please, Don’t Eat The Daisies? Rex Harrison? David Niven? Richard Harris?
10. During a massage scene in Move Over, Darling, James Garner accidentally broke one of Doris Day’s ribs. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which Batman film takes place during the Christmas holiday?
2. Which Stanley Kubrick film features Christmas decorations in almost every scene?
EYES WIDE SHUT
3. Frank Cottrell Boyce’s script for Millions was heavily influenced by an interview about saints with which Italian American director?
4. What are the three rules of caring for Mogwai in Gremlins? (one point each)
NEVER EXPOSE IT TO BRIGHT LIGHT / NEVER GET IT WET / NEVER FEED IT AFTER MIDNIGHT
5. What did Doug Liman direct before The Bourne Identity? (clue: starred Sarah Polley, Katie Holmes and Timothy Olyphant)
6. Which 50s film features heavily in Sleepless In Seattle?
AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER
7. Which British 1979 comedy featured the quote, “What are you doing creeping around a cow shed at two o’clock in the morning? That doesn’t sound very wise to me”
LIFE OF BRIAN
8. How many of In Bruges‘ cast feature in the Harry Potter series?
9. Charles Foster Kane, Jedediah Leland and Walter Parks Thatcher are characters in which film?
10. 1974 saw the release of the first big Christmas horror film (bar A Christmas Carol). What was the title? [bonus point for naming the year the remake was released]
BLACK CHRISTMAS 
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the name of the first Christmas film, released in 1914? Twas The Night Before Christmas? A Christmas Carol? The Man Who Came To Dinner?
TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
2. Which actor was born Roy Harold Scherer? Jack Lemmon? Rock Hudson? Warren Beatty?
3. In what year was Brazil released? 1982? 1985? 1987?
4. Which of the following actresses did not star in 1952’s We’re Not Married? Doris Day? Ginger Rogers? Marilyn Monore?
5. Which of the following objects is not used as a murder weapon by Patrick Bateman, in American Psycho? Axe? Chainsaw? Nail-gun?
6. Rare Exports is set in which Scandinavian country? Finland? Sweden? Norway?
7. Which Christmas film features the songs “Snow”, “It’s Cold Outside” and “Blue Skies”? White Christmas? It Happened On Fifth Avenue? Jingle All The Way?
8. Who directed Carole Lombard and Robert Montgomery in Mr. And Mrs. Smith? Robert Wise? Alfred Hitchcock? David Lean?
9. What did Billy Wilder direct after Some Like It Hot? The Apartment? Kiss Me, Stupid? The Seven Year Itch?
10. The role of Frank Cross in Scrooged was originally written for Arnold Schwarzenegger but the studio wanted Bill Murray. True or False?