[04 December 2011]
Memoirs Of An Invisible Man II: Now You Buscemi, Now You Don’t
Genre – John Carpenter sequel with Chevy Chase and Steve Buscemi
Genre – Kinda funny looking guy holes up in a storm with gangsters
The Boardwalk Empire Strikes Back
Genre – Nucky Thompson dons a cape and joins the space race
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Who played the role of Michael Keaton’s clones in Multiplicity?
2. How many children do Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt have in Cheaper By The Dozen?
3. Which sport (pastime) features at the centre of Kingpin?
4. Who directed Lock, Stock & Two Smokin’ Barrels?
5. The Olypmic bobsled team in Cool Runnings are representing which country? [bonus point for naming the actor who plays their coach]
JAMAICA [John Candy]
6. What is Fletcher Reede’s job in Liar Liar?
7. ‘With great power comes great responsibility’ was the poster tagline for which film?
8. Stir Crazy, Silver Streak, Another You and See No Evil, Hear No Evil starred which comedy duo? (one point per correct answer)
GENE WILDER / RICHARD PRYOR
9. Zack Snyder’s debut was a remake of which George Romero film?
DAWN OF THE DEAD
10. Apollo Creed, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago and Mason Dixon are all characters in which film series?
ROUND II: Filming [Steve Buscemi Special]
1. Who does Steve Buscemi play in Reservoir Dogs?
2. In which film did Buscemi star alongside Jeff Bridges and John Goodman?
THE BIG LEBOWSKI
3. How many Quentin Tarantino films has Buscemi featured in? [bonus points for naming the titles]
TWO [Reservoir Dogs / Pulp Fiction]
4. Buscemi played Map To The Stars Eddie in which film?
ESCAPE FROM LA
5. What does Seymour collect in Ghost World?
6. Which part of Carl’s body gets shot, in Fargo?
CHEEK / FACE
7. What is the name of Rex’s band in Airheads?
THE LONE RANGERS
8. In which film did Buscemi’s character claim to drive through three states wearing a girl’s head as a hat?
9. What was the title of Buscemi’s feature directorial debut?
10. Steve Buscemi’s character in Desperado is called Buscemi as the part was written specifically for him. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Which 80’s film featured cameos by Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles and Carrie Fisher?
THE BLUES BROTHERS
2. Excluding Mirror, Mirror, name all three films directed by Tarsem Singh. (one point per correct answer)
THE CELL / THE FALL / IMMORTALS
3. How many actors played the role of Evan Treborn at various ages in The Butterfly Effect?
THREE (Ashton Kutcher, John Patrick Amedori, Logan Lerman)
4. Which animated Disney feature was released after The Rescuers?
THE FOX AND THE HOUND
5. Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, Marlon Brando and Mel Gibson have all played Fletcher Christian in adaptations of which historical event?
MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY
6. Which film featured the characters Benjamin Willard, Walter Kurtz, Tyrone Miller and American Photojournalist? [bonus point for naming the actor who played ‘American Photojournalist’]
APOCALYPSE NOW [Dennis Hopper]
7. Which four cast members feature on the poster for Mona Lisa Smile? (one point per correct answer)
JULIA ROBERTS / KIRSTEN DUNST / JULIA STILES / MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL
8. Which film featured the following quote: “You’re not death, you’re just a kid in a suit!”
MEET JOE BLACK
9. What’s the name of the dancing group in Donnie Darko?
10. Who directed Uncle Buck?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The tune played over the Disney logo (at the start of every Disney film) is a song from which Disney film? Pinocchio? Dumbo? Cinderella?
2. Which of the following did not star in Mike Nichols’ Heartburn? Meryl Streep? Shelley Duvall? Jack Nicholson? [bonus point for stating the year the film was released]
SHELLEY DUVALL 
3. How many films has Mickey Rooney worked on (excl. shorts and TV films)? 162? 198? 236?
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY TWO
4. What colour is Lt. Frank Bullitt’s Ford Mustang in Bullitt? Green? Red? Yellow?
5. What is the name of the party that The Rules Of Attraction opens and closes on? End Of The World? End Of Tomorrow? End Of Our Lives?
END OF THE WORLD
6. In Top Gun, Michael Ironside plays Maverick’s Lt. Cmdr, Rick Heatherly. What is his call-sign? Jester? Slider? Cougar?
7. James Stewart and Kim Novak starred together in which Hitchcock film? Rear Window? The Man Who Knew Too Much? Vertigo?
8. In what year was Breakfast At Tiffany’s released? 1961? 1963? 1965?
NINETEEN SIXTY ONE
9. What is Michael Clayton addicted to in the film of the same name? Alcohol? Gambling? Pain medication?
10. During the graveyard scene in High Plains Drifter, various tombstones feature names of directors that Clint Eastwood has previously worked with. True or False?