[09 October 2011]
Genre – A farce in which Christopher Biggins is the Dark Knight of panto, putting the fear of God into villains with the phrase “He’s Behind You!”
The Dark Knight Retunes
Genre – Harrowing times as Alfred attempts to cope with the digital switchover. Contains mild peril
Out On Bale (Swear To Me!)
Genre – Escape movie set in a cough sweet factory
The Dark First Night
Genre – Harrowing Ledger-on-Ledger action
Because We’re The Winners The Quiz Deserves But Not The Ones It Needs Right Now. So We’ll Lose Because We Can Take It. We’re A Silent Party, A Last Place. We’re The Quiz Dark Knights
Genre – Live-action animated biopic
The Dark Shite
Genre – Morgan Sperlock aims to fight iron deficiency by spending 30 days only eating liqourice, marmite and drinking guinness
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What type of mythical creature is Arial in The Little Mermaid?
2. What type of car is Herbie in The Love Bug?
3. What are the names of the factory workers in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory? [bonus point for correct spelling]
4. Who played the two lead roles in Dirty Dancing? (one point per correct answer)
PATRICK SWAYZE / JENNIFER GREY
5. Stephen Daldry‘s The Hours is broken into how many narrative threads?
6. What sporting event is Detective Rick Santoro at in the film Snake Eyes?
7. Jean Pierre Jeunet’s A Very Long Engagement is set during which military conflict?
WORLD WAR I
8. What colour is Cameron’s father’s 1961 Ferrari GT California in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?
9. What is Reuben Cogburn’s nickname in 1969’s True Grit?
10. What was the subtitle to the sequel to 1998’s Elizabeth?
THE GOLDEN AGE
11. Which actors played the three lead roles in Airheads? (one point per correct answer)
BRENDAN FRASER / STEVE BUSCEMI / ADAM SANDLER
12. What was Danny Boyle’s feature film directorial debut?
ROUND II: Filming [Christopher Nolan’s Batman Special]
1. What are the titles of Christopher Nolan’s Batman films? (one point per correct answer)
BATMAN BEGINS / THE DARK KNIGHT
2. Who plays the title role in Nolan’s Batman releases?
3.Which of the two releases has the longer running time?
THE DARK KNIGHT
4. What is the colour of the flower that Bruce Wayne is instructed to fetch before he can begin his training?
5. Which two actresses play the role of Rachael Dawes? (one point per correct answer)
KATIE HOLMES / MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL
6. Before landing the role of Scarecrow, Cillian Murphy was considered and auditioned for which role?
7. What is the name of the hospital that the Joker destroys?
8. According to Lucius Fox, what is the name of the vehicle that becomes the batmobile?
9. Aaron Eckhart was hired after Christopher Nolan saw his performance in which film?
THANK YOU FOR SMOKING
10. Which mob boss took over from Carmine Falcone, in The Dark Knight? [bonus point for naming the actor who played him]
SAL MARONI [Eric Roberts]
11. Outside of Wayne Enterprises, what is Thomas Wayne’s profession?
12. The Dark Knight made more money in 6 days than Batman Begins made over its entire US run. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was the first feature film to be released by Fox Animation Studios in 1997?
2. What is Luther wearing on his fingers when he delivers one of The Warriors most memorable quotes (Warriors, come out to play)?
3. What was the title of the first sequel to a major motion picture to include a number?
THE GODFATHER PART II
4. Independent Moving Pictures Company was the original name for which major Hollywood studio?
5. The sound of which insect was worked into Carter Burwell’s score for Barton Fink, to add tension and unease?
6. Jamal’s final question in Slumdog Millionaire is about the characters from which book?
THE THREE MUSKETEERS
7. The box office takings for the first Shrek release were in excess of $484 million dollars, what was its budget?
SIXTY MILLION DOLLARS
8. The following is a quote from which Johnny Depp film, “In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: the stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never”?
9. What did Martin Scorsese direct in between his remake of Cape Fear and Casino?
THE AGE OF INNOCENCE
10. Who played Pip in the 1974 adaptation of Great Expectations?
11. What are Wyatt and Billy arrested for in Easy Rider?
PARADING WITHOUT A PERMIT
12. According to the hieroglyphics at the start of The Fifth Element, how often does ‘the great evil’ appear?
EVERY FIVE THOUSAND YEARS
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following is not the title of a Disney villain song? In The Dark Of The Night? Hellfire? The World’s Greatest Criminal Mind?
IN THE DARK OF THE NIGHT
2. Which of Mozart’s operas do we see him working on first, in Amadeus? The Magic Flute? The Marriage Of Figaro? The Requiem Mass?
THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO
3. When brought back into the matrix, Neo sees a place he used to eat; what food does he compliment? Bagels? Tacos? Noodles?
4. Which of the following acted as a producer for David Lynch’s The Elephant Man? Mel Brooks? Anthony Hopkins? Francis Ford Coppola?
5. Which actress has played the role of young daughter to Bill Pullman, George Clooney, Meg Ryan and Sandra Bullock? Dakota Fanning? Mae Whitman? Emma Roberts?
6. Which band/artist is Patrick Bateman playing and talking about when he kills Paul Allen [Leto] in American Psycho? Genesis? Huey Lewis And The News? Robert Palmer?
HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS
7. Which Irish actor did not feature in 1981’s Excalibur? Gabriel Byrne? Liam Neeson? Aidan Quinn?
8. What was the name of the Overlook Hotel’s previous caretaker in The Shining? Stuart Ullman? Delbert Grady? Dick Hallorann? [bonus point for identifying the last line of the film]
DELBERT GRADY [Danny]
9. Which of the following did not star in the 1999 adaptation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream? Christian Bale? Michael Keaton? Sam Rockwell?
10. For his role as King Of The Moon, in The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen, how was Robin Williams credited? Ray D. Tutto? Don Del Dorian? Senor Wally Randall?
RAY D. TUTTO
11. “She was too young to be a widow and too beautiful to be alone. Every man wanted to have her. One boy risked everything to protect her” is the tagline for which Italian film? 8 1/2? Malena? Stanno Tutti Bene (Everybody’s Fine)?
12. Staying true to the character, Daniel Day-Lewis built and lived in John Proctor’s house, in The Crucible. True or False?