[28 August 2011]
Cowboys & Aliens Vs Predator
Genre – Harrowing McG sci-fi mash up
Royale With Cheese
Genre – Pulpy orange flick
Genre – The erotic adventures of a fruit juicer
Le Big Mac Adventure
Genre – Jules and Vincent buddy movie set in France
Genre – A manic deer goes mental for the kills
Genre – Training movie for Kate (when prepping for the honeymoon)
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1 In Planet Of The Apes, what type of animal evolved as the dominant species?
MONKEYS / APES
2. Was the role of Tony Montana in Scarface played by Al Pacino or Robert De Niro?
3. Marilyn Monroe’s hair was famous for being what colour?
4. Who plays Truman Burbank in The Truman Show?
5. What are the subtitles of the four Indiana Jones films (one point per correct answer)
TEMPLE OF DOOM / THE LAST CRUSADE / THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (Raiders is the title, not subtitle)
6. What is the name of the composer who scored Star Wars, Jaws and Superman?
7. Which musician played the goblin king in Labyrinth? [bonus point for stating what animal he morphs into]
DAVID BOWIE [Barn Owl]
8. What does Jack use to get into the hotel bathroom in The Shining?
9. Who play the two lead roles in Wild Wild West? (one point per correct answer)
WILL SMITH / KEVIN KLINE
10. Who directed Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs?
11. What is the name of the character played by Brad Pitt in Interview With The Vampire?
LOUIS (Louis De Pointe Du Lac)
12. Kinky Boots is set in which British town?
ROUND II: Filming [Quentin Tarantino Special]
1. What was the title of Quentin Tarantino’s debut film?
2. What colour is Uma Thurman’s tracksuit in Kill Bill? [bonus point for naming the Bruce Lee film it references]
YELLOW [Game Of Death]
3. At the start of Pulp Fiction, Vincent Vega has just returned from which European city?
4. What is Jackie Brown’s job?
5. What is the logo on Stuntman Mike’s bonnet in Death Proof?
SKULL WITH LIGHTNING BOLT CROSS
6. What precious stone is being stolen in Reservoir Dogs?
7. What drink does Hans Landa sample at Perrier LaPadite’s home in Inglourious Basterds?
8. Who plays ATF agent, Ray Nicolette in Jackie Brown?
9. The passage that Jules quotes in Pulp Fiction is from which book of the bible?
10. What is the name of the stunt that the girls perform in Death Proof?
11. What is the name of the swordmaker in the Kill Bill films?
12. Adam Sandler was originally cast as Donny Donowitz in Inglourious Basterds, before scheduling conflicts forced him out. True or False
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Alfred Hitchcock directed twelve silent films. Name two. (one point per correct answer)
NO. 13 / ALWAYS TELL YOUR WIFE / THE PLEASURE GARDEN / THE MOUNTAIN EAGLE / THE LODGER / THE RING / DOWNHILL / THE FARMER’S WIFE / EASY VIRTUE / CHAMPAGNE / THE MANXMAN / BLACKMAIL
2. The words Klendathu, Roughnecks and Ibanez are used heavily in which film?
3. What is the title of the 1987 Arthur Hiller film starring Bette Middler and Shelley Long?
4. What is the name of the instructional manual frequently referenced in Beetlejuice?
HANDBOOK FOR THE RECENTLY DECEASED
5. Who directed The Sugarland Express, Always and Amistad?
6. What are the names of the four lead characters of Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels? (one point per correct answer)
BACON / SOAP / TOM / EDDY
7. Cocktails first, questions later was the poster tagline for which 1996 film?
8. Which of the three lead actors in The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert plays the role of Mitzi Del Bra?
9. Throughout Leone’s dollar trilogy, the Man With No Name, uses the same pistols with what animal on the grip?
10. How old does Bill The Butcher claim to be in Gangs Of New York?
11. What does BPRD stand for in Hellboy?
BUREAU OF PARANORMAL RESEARCH AND DEFENCE
12. The Rocketeer is set in which year?
NINETEEN THIRTY EIGHT
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What type of god is The Wicker Man constructed as an offering for? Sun god? God of fruit? Harvest god?
2. In The Fall, which letter on the morphine bottle does Alexandria not recognise? M? R? E? [bonus point for stating what she confuses it with]
3. Which of the following actors has not played Beethoven? Ed Harris? Gary Oldman? Daniel Day Lewis?
DANIEL DAY LEWIS
4. What subject does Brackett (Kevin Kline) teach in the 90s comedy, In & Out? English Literature? French Poetry? German Philosophy? [bonus point for director]
ENG LIT [Frank Oz]
5. “You stay. We belong dead” was a quote from which Universal monster film? Bride Of Frankenstein? The Mummy? Creature From The Black Lagoon?
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN
6. Which 1979 film, starring David Hasselhoff and Christopher Plummer featured the quotes, “Time for a little robot chauvinism” and “Computer, stop the flow of time!”? Beneath The Valley Of The Ultra-Vixens? The Muppet Movie? Starcrash?
7. What is the name of the fast food restaurant that Lester works for, in American Beauty? Smileys? Happy Burger? Jesters?
8. In 2012, Woman In Black will be first Hammer Horror release in how many years? 41? 39? 36?
THIRTY SIX (To The Devil A Daughter 1976)
9. Before classic kung fu fight sequences, actors are coated in a layer of dust, what is this known as in the industry? Fun powder? Pixie dust? Sugar coating?
10. Who directed Bad Lieutenant? Anthony Redman? Edward Pressman? Abel Ferrara?
11. How much does Marion steal at the start of Psycho? $30,000? $35,000? $40,000?
FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS
12. Poster printing techniques in the late thirties were unable to capture Vivien Leigh’s violet eyes, so they often vary between green or blue in promotional images for Gone With The Wind. True or False?