[14 August 2011]
Genre – Harrowing Tale Of Film Referencing Biffidus Culture
Do The Riot Thing
Genre – Gritty urban drama about the rise of the white underclass – A David Starkey Joint
Nicotene Patch Adams
Genre – Very annoying tale of a hairy doctor with a nasty habit
Genre – The shocking true story of a team who gave their grumpy quiz-master hell for a bad score; he now wears an eye-patch
Debunking Llama Vs Cranky Falcon
Genre – Giant animal conspiracy thriller/rom-com in eye-popping Real 3D
Cries Of The Planet Of The Grapes
Genre – James Franco goes on a trip to a vineyard that turns horribly sour
Cowboys Vs Smurfs
Genre – Indiana Jones and James Bond find love amidst an invasion of small blue squeaky things
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the lead law enforcer in Judge Dredd?
2. What does ET stand for? [bonus point for correct spelling]
3. The Lord Of The Rings trilogy is based on the novels of the same name by which author?
4. Of Jackie Brown’s three leads (Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster), which had previously starred in a Tarantino film?
SAMUEL L. JACKSON
5. The events in The Queen focus on the death of which figure?
6. Who played the title role in Lawrence Of Arabia?
7. What was the subtitle of the Bridget Jones’ Diary sequel?
THE EDGE OF REASON
8. What was the name of the killer in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre?
9. In what year was Outbreak released?
10. What was the name of the character played by Ben Stiller in Dodgeball?
11. “It’s a mad house, a mad house!” and “You maniacs! You blew it up!” are quotes from which movie?
PLANET OF THE APES
12. In Sister Act, Deloris Van Cartier is a lounge singer in which US city? [bonus point for the name Deloris takes while hiding]
RENO [Sister Mary Clarence]
ROUND II: Filming [Characters With Eye-Patches Special]
1. Which of the following films does not feature a character with an eye-patch? Iron Man 2? 300? Bambi?
2. Which character in the Kill Bill films, wore an eye-patch?
3. In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, General Chang frequently quotes which playwright?
4. Mattie Ross, Ned Pepper and Rooster Cogburn are all characters in which film?
5. Which of the following did not star in Valkyrie? Terence Stamp? Robert Duvall? Eddie Izzard?
6. Which actor has a posthumous performance in Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow?
7. Who directed this year’s Marvel release, Thor?
8. The entire plot of The Eagle Has Landed centres around the capture of which World War II figure?
9. In which Pirates Of The Caribbean films does one of the main-supports don an eye-patch? [bonus point for naming the character]
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD’S END [Ragetti]
10. In which 1968 film did Bette Davis wear an eye-patch?
11. How many kids make up The Goonies? [bonus point for each character named]
SEVEN [Mikey / Mouth / Data / Chunk / Brand / Andy / Stef]
12. The studio didn’t think Kurt Russell was right for the role of Snake Plissken, in Escape From New York, and insisted John Carpenter screen test Tommy Lee Jones. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was Disney’s 27th animated feature film, released in 1988?
OLIVER & COMPANY
2. What colour is the ink on Dreyman manuscript, in The Lives Of Others? [two bonus points for naming the title of Dreyman’s novel at the end of the film]
RED [Sonate vom Guten Mensch / Sonata For A Good Man]
3. Why does Mendoza become depressed (and subsequently agrees to accompany Gabriel), in The Mission?
KILLED HIS BROTHER IN A DUEL
4. At Robbie’s wedding, in The Wedding Singer, a string quartet is playing which song by Journey?
DON’T STOP BELIEVIN’
5. Which three actresses play Rachel, Charlotte and Kate Flax in 1990’s Mermaids? (one point per correct answer)
CHER / WINONA RYDER / CHRISTINA RICCI
6. Who directed 1945’s Brief Encounter?
7. In The Game, Michael Douglas plays a wealthy banker in which US city? [bonus point for naming the director]
SAN FRANCISCO [David Fincher]
8. What is the name of Johnny Casper’s hitman, played by J.E. Freeman in Miller’s Crossing? [bonus point for naming the actor who plays his lover]
EDDIE DANE / THE DANE [Steve Buscemi]
9. In Rocky IV, how does Rocky respond when Ivan Drago says, “I must break you”
GO FOR IT
10. Which actor appeared in Forrest Gump, The Sixth Sense and Second Hand Lions?
HALEY JOEL OSMENT
11. The Duellists was which director’s debut release?
12. Dooley Wilson (who plays Sam in Casablanca) was a musician but couldn’t actually play the piano. What instrument did he play professionally?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. The Long Good Friday was the feature debut for which future James Bond? Timothy Dalton? Pierce Brosnan? Daniel Craig?
2. Which Federico Fellini film was released in 1960? La Dolce Vita? La Strada? 8 1/2?
LA DOLCE VITA
3. What was the name of Alec Guinness’ character in The Lavender Hill Mob? Henry Holland? Alfred Pendlebury? Shorty Fisher?
4. Equilibrium was largely filmed in which European city? Paris? Berlin? Rome?
5. What number follows Logan’s name in Logan’s Run? 5? 6? 7?
6. The ultimate in alien terror was the poster tagline for which film? Alien 3? Predator? The Thing?
7. Hush.. Hush, Sweet Charlotte was nominated for seven academy awards. How many did it win? None? Three? Six?
8. Who played Frank White in King Of New York? Christopher Walken? Harvey Keitel? Robert De Niro?
9. Which of the following sketches did not feature in Monty Python’s Meaning Of Life? Fighting Each Other? Live Organ Transplants? Self Defence Against Fresh Fruit?
SELF DEFENCE AGAINST FRESH FRUIT
10. Who co-starred with Jerry Lewis in Sailor Beware? Frank Sinatra? Dean Martin? Tony Curtis? [bonus point for the year the film was released]
DEAN MARTIN 
11. Which of Woody Allen’s films was the first to be shot completely outside of New York? Celebrity? Bananas? Love And Death?
LOVE AND DEATH
12. John Singleton’s Oscar nomination for best director of Boyz N The Hood meant he beat Orson Welles to youngest nominee. True or False?