[08 May 2011]
British Summertime Bandits
Genre – A harrowing tale of time loss (an hour)
Can’t Stop Now, Bird Country
Genre – Drug crazed road movie.. with cake (or cake crazed road movie.. with drugs)
Attack The Gok
Genre – Youngsters on a council estate fight the onslaught of a terrifying fashion guru
Genre – Disaster movie about a Norse goddess who becomes a royal bridesmaid
The Life Of Brian Butterfield
Genre – The story of a very naughty boy
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What is the name of the board game in Jumanji? [bonus point for correct spelling]
2. The killer in Se7en executes people with reference to the seven what?
3. Gandhi was filmed in the United Kingdom and what other country?
4. The Wedding Singer is set in which decade?
5. What colour are the roses being painted in Alice In Wonderland?
6. What colour is Dom’s (Vin Diesel) trademark Dodge Charger in the Fast and Furious films?
7. What is the name of the killer in the Scream series?
8. Peter Pan mocks Captain Hook by nicknaming him after which fish?
9. Who plays the lead in Brewster’s Millions?
10. The van converted to look like a dog, in Dumb & Dumber, belongs to which character; Harry or Lloyd?
11. What type of animal’s blood was in the bucket that was emptied onto Carrie during the prom?
12. Who wrote and directed Weird Science? [bonus for the release year]
JOHN HUGHES 
ROUND II: Filming [Terry Gilliam Special]
1. Terry Gilliam started out working as a member of which British comedy troupe?
2. What was the only Monty Python film that Gilliam directed?
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL
3. What is the colour of the hallucinatory knight that haunts Parry in The Fisher King?
4. Which five actors played the role of Tony in The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus? (one point per correct answer)
HEATH LEDGER / JOHNNY DEPP / JUDE LAW / COLIN FARRELL / ZANDER GLADISH
5. What is the name of the ministry that Sam Lowry works for in Brazil?
THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION
6. How many dwarves accompany Kevin in Time Bandits?
7. Which of the following did not star in Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas? Cameron Diaz? Jonathan Pryce? Tobey Maguire?
8. What is the name of Bruce Willis’ character in 12 Monkeys?
9. Eliminating Evil Since 1812 was the poster tagline for which Gilliam film?
THE BROTHERS GRIMM
10. Which musician cameos as the soldier put to death for bravery at the start of The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen?
11. “Squirrel butts don’t glow” is a quote from which Gilliam film?
12. Despite protests from Gilliam, Jabberwocky was released in the United States as Monty Python’s Jabberwocky. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the subtitles of the Home Alone sequels? (one point per correct answer)
2: LOST IN NEW YORK / 4: TAKING BACK THE HOUSE
2. How much does Preston enter on the cheque in 1994’s Blank Check?
ONE MILLION DOLLARS
3. Goodfellas was produced and distributed by which studio?
4. Correctly spell Geppetto.
5. Which three actresses played the lead roles in First Wives Club? (one point per correct answer)
DIANE KEATON / GOLDIE HAWN / BETTE MIDDLER
6. Who plays the villain Voltan in Hawk The Slayer?
7. What was the name of the 1987 Whoopi Goldberg movie about a burglar who returns to a life of crime only to find she’s being framed for murder?
8. The longest single shot in a mainstream film is 17 minutes long. What was the film?
9. To date Matthew Vaughn has directed four films, name them. (one point per correct answer)
LAYER CAKE / STARDUST / KICK ASS / X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
10. During Elliot Ness’ first raid in The Untouchables, what was in the crates instead of bottles?
11. During J’s induction in Men In Black, K explains the majority of our technology has been confiscated from aliens. The first example he gives is Velcro, what are the other two? (one point per correct answer)
MICROWAVE OVENS / LIPOSUCTION
12. What was the name of Bill Paxton’s directorial debut?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. These Are The Armies Of The Night was the poster tagline for which film? Red Dawn? The Warriors? New Jack City?
2. Which of the following is not a song from The Producers? Hello Boys? You’ll Find Happiness In Rio? Prisoners Of Love?
3. How many completed wall jumps does Donald O’Connor perform during ‘Make em laugh’ in Singin’ In The Rain? One? Two? Three?
4. Which of the following films not based on a video game? Wing Commander? Lifeforce? Far Cry?
5. What was the name of the virus in Mission Impossible 2? Bellerophon? Lamia? Chimera?
6. Who starred alongside Maureen O’Hara in 1942’s The Black Swan? Basil Rathbone? Tyrone Power? John Carradine?
7. After the opening scene in Crash (2004), the story flashes back how many days? One? Three? Five?
8. What is the name of the snuff killer in 8mm? Machine? Razor? Monster?
9. Charlie Bales works for which emergency service in Roxanne? Police? Fire Dept? Ambulance?
10. In what year was the first adaptation of The Picture Of Dorian Gray released? 1945? 1952? 1963?
11. What film did Joel Schumacher release in between Phone Booth and The Phantom Of The Opera? The Number 23? Veronica Guerin? Bad Company?
12. The 1990 film Cool World was dramatically re-written but the director was told he couldn’t leave the project, even after punching the producer in the face. True or False?