[27 March 2011]
Genre – Action porno: part man, part machine, all cock
Suck Her Punch
Genre – Harrowing French adult movie
Hobocop 2: Can You Spare 50p?
Genre – Action flick about an angry, drunk, homeless vigilante who fights crime
Genre – Turn right at Scotland for a Viking romp
You Will Meet A Tired, Dark-Eyed Stranger
Genre – A story of love, destiny and forgetting to change the clocks
Cave Of Forgotten Ice-Creams
Genre – A 2D adventure with Werner Herzog of the forgotten caves filled with ice creams, lolly sticks, naturally formed dairy stalagmites and neopolitan cave paintings
Harry Potter Scrapes The Barrel
Genre – A desperate cash-in
Lassie & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Genre – Family musical
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How does James Bond classically prefer his Martini prepared? Shaken or stirred?
2. What type of animal is Babe, in the film of the same name?
3. What is the name of the antagonist in Austin Powers?
4. Other than the logo, what colour was the poster for Jurassic Park?
5. What sport (leisure activity) do the main characters often participate in, in The Big Lebowski?
6. The bomb in Speed activates when the bus goes over what speed limit? [2 bonus points for naming the number of the bus]
7. What are the titles of the three Pirates Of The Caribbean sequels? (one point per correct answer)
DEAD MAN’S CHEST / AT WORLD’S END / ON STRANGER TIDES
8. What are the names of Gomez and Morticia’s children in The Addam’s Family? (one point per correct answer)
PUGSLEY / WEDNESDAY
9. Who composed the score for Rain Man, Gladiator and Inception?
10. What is the name of Vito Corleone’s daughter, whose wedding reception we see at the start of The Godfather? [bonus point for naming the actress who portrayed her]
CONNIE / CONSTANZIA [Talia Shire]
11. How many days does Ursula give Ariel to obtain ‘the kiss of true love’, in The Little Mermaid?
12. Who directed Donnie Darko?
ROUND II: Filming [Robocop Special]
1. What is Murphy’s profession before and after his transformation to Robocop?
2. In what year was Robocop released?
3. Which US city does Robocop reside in?
4. What is the name of Murphy’s partner? [bonus point for naming the actress who played her]
ANNE LEWIS [Nancy Allen]
5. Which of the following is the correct quote? Your move, punk? Your move, scum? Your move, creep?
YOUR MOVE, CREEP
6. What is the name of OCP’s first ‘enforcement droid’?
7. What are Robocop’s three prime directives? (one point per correct answer)
SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST / PROTECT THE INNOCENT / UPHOLD THE LAW
8. What is the name of the directive that prevents Robocop from killing senior OCP officers?
9. What was the budget given to Rob Bottin for the completion of the Robocop suit?
ONE MILLION DOLLARS
10. What is the body-count in the uncut version?
11. What is Bixby Snyder’s catchphrase, repeated on TV throughout the film?
I’D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!
12. Whilst in costume, Paul Weller would remain in character and only respond to instructions or conversation when addressed as Robo. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What are the colours on the explosive gum in Mission Impossible? (one point per correct answer)
RED / GREEN
2. What is the name of the mall where Marty meets Doc Brown at the start of Back To The Future? [bonus point for the mall’s name at the end of the film]
TWIN PINES MALL [Lone Pine Mall]
3. What is the name of the juicy-fruit offering native American in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest?
4. What is the name of the five sacred stones in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom?
5. Which early nineties release starred Stockard Channing, Donald Sutherland, Ian McKellen and Will Smith?
SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION
6. ‘Real spies, only smaller’ was the tagline for which film?
7. The following quote is from which film “Ted Striker’s got more guts in his little finger than most of us have in our large intestine, including the colon”?
8. After strong protesting, the tagline for Better Off Dead was change from ‘Sometimes.. You’re Better Off Dead’ to what?
RELAX.. YOU’RE NEVER BETTER OFF DEAD
9. What is the title of the Christmas song, whose royalties Will lives off, in About A Boy?
SANTA’S SUPER SLEIGH
10. What is the codename of Silas and Bishop Aringarosa’s contact in The Da Vinci Code?
11. Who directed Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in Far And Away?
12. What is the name of Bill and Ted’s band in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventures? [bonus point for correct spelling]
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following films has not been made into an attraction at Universal Studios? Backdraft? Rocky? Beetlejuice?
2. Which team do Coop and Reemer play for in BASEketball? LA Riots? Dallas Felons? Milwaukee Beers?
3. In which category did Mel Gibson win an academy award? Acting? Writing? Directing?
4. In what year was Bridget Jones’ Diary released? 1999? 2000? 2001? [bonus point for stating what colour her diary was]
5. The events in Ravenous, based in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, where filmed in which country? Slovenia? Estonia? Slovakia?
6. What is the name of the high school in The Faculty? Herrington? Taylor? Furlong?
7. How many Halloween films have been made? (excl. remakes) Seven? Eight? Nine?
8. What is John McClane’s rank in Die Hard? Officer? Detective? Lieutenant?
9. In Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, what is the make of Cameron’s father’s car? Ferrari? Porsche? Lamborghini?
10. Who acted as producer on 1994’s Frankenstein before later denouncing the film? Brian Grazer? Steven Spielberg? Francis Ford Coppola?
FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
11. Which of the following actors did not star in The Hunt For Red October? Tim Curry? Aidan Quinn? James Earl Jones?
12. The sound of the Antarctic wind, in The Thing, was recorded in the desert outside Palm Springs. True or False?