[13 March 2011]
Hodown In Little Tokyo
Genre – Harrowing movie detailing Miley Cyrus’ steady descent into meth addiction, alcohol-fuelled sex and oxen
Black Swan Down
Genre – Modern version of It Ain’t Half ‘ot Mum; ballet troupe in a war zone
Requiem For A D:Ream
Genre – Intergalactic psychological horror about the addiction of a failed keyboardist with the stars
Randomly Brandon Lee
Genre – Rom Com with Jennifer Anniston and CGI Brandon Lee
Laser Mission: Operation Gallstone
Genre – Brandon Lee and Goldie Hawn romp
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotty Rocket
Genre – Super Ted adaptation
Tom’s Cruising For A Few Good Men, Al’s Looking For Richard: Brokeback Mountain Goes Urban
Genre – Gay Drama
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. What was the name of the main ocean liner in Titanic?
2. How many Shrek films were made?
3. Complete the following quote from Crocodile Dundee, “That’s not a knife”
NOW, THAT’S A KNIFE
4. What nationality is Mrs. Doubtfire in the film of the same name? [bonus point for naming her husband]
5. Frank Capra’s Mr. Deeds Goes To Town was remade in 2002 with what title?
6. What is Lankester Merrin’s (played by Max Von Sydow) occupation, in The Exorcist?
7. Which of the following is not a Carry On film? Carry On Matron? Carry On Cleo? Carry On Dear?
CARRY ON DEAR
8. Which musical features Fat Sam, Dandy Dan and Tallulah?
9. Who directed Matt Damon and Heath Ledger in The Brothers Grimm?
10. Which actors played the title characters in Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet? (one point per correct answer)
LEONARDO DI CAPRIO / CLAIRE DANES
11. What is the name of the hero in both versions of Clash Of The Titans?
12. In Sleepy Hollow, Icabod Crane is a constable for which law agency?
NEW YORK POLICE DEPARTMENT
ROUND II: Filming [Brandon Lee Special]
1. What animal guides Eric in The Crow?
2. Who co-starred with Brandon Lee in Showdown In Little Tokyo?
3. What year was Lee’s last film, The Crow released?
NINETEEN NINETY FOUR
4. What is the name given to 30th Oct in The Crow?
5. What instrument does Eric play in The Crow? [bonus point for naming his band]
GUITAR [Hangman’s Joke]
6. Which of the following bands did not appear on the soundtrack for The Crow? Metallica? Nine Inch Nails? Rage Against The Machine?
7. Who directed The Crow?
8. Soldier Of Fortune is the alternate title for which Lee film?
9. What is the name of the long-haired kingpin of crime, played by Michael Wincott, in The Crow?
10. Powers Boothe stars alongside Brandon Lee in which film?
11. What was the name of Brandon Lee’s only Hong Kong release?
LEGACY OF RAGE
12. The footage of Brandon Lee getting shot is currently owned by the director of The Crow, though he does not permit anyone to see it. True or False?
FALSE (the footage was destroyed instantly)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What is the name of the Cyberdyne Systems engineer most responsible for the creation of Skynet, played by Joe Morton, in Terminator 2?
2. What was the title of Sergio Leone’s last film?
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA
3. The Shawshank Redemption’s narrative opens in what year?
NINETEEN FORTY SEVEN
4. What was the name of the mummy in the 1930s horror film of the same name?
5. Which cartoon character was modelled after silent movie actress Clara Bow?
6. How many men make up the ill-fated squad in Dog Soldiers?
7. What is the name of the British actor who appeared in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Love Bug and Mary Poppins?
8. Which John Carpenter film was the only one to go from banned, X-Rated, critically and commercially panned flop to lavishly praised cult classic that made its way into several revered top fifty lists?
9. What animal does Raoul claim to see while driving during the opening scene of Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas? [2 bonus points for the exact quote both Raoul and the narrator say when seeing them]
BATS [Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?]
10. What is the name of Ray’s fictional club in Life?
RAY’S BOOM BOOM ROOM
11. Which Adam Sandler film features a cameo by Quentin Tarantino?
12. What is the name of the card game played in Lock, Stock & Two Smokin’ Barrels?
THREE CARD BRAG
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What was the name of the high school football team that Goldie Hawn coaches in Wildcats? Prescott High? Rydell High? Central High?
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
2. What was the title of Jane Russell’s first release? His Kind Of Woman? The Outlaw? Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?
3. What is the name of the costume designer who has been nominated for an academy award almost every year since 1999? Alexandra Byrne? Sandy Powell? Colleen Atwood?
4. Who played the title character in Birdman Of Alcatraz? Burt Lancaster? Richard Burton? Robert Shaw?
5. Which of the following insults was not present in Hook? Nearsighted gynaecologist? Sack of rat guts in cat vomit? Mucus sucking pimple sniffer?
MUCUS SUCKING PIMPLE SNIFFER
6. Which of the following Pixar releases did not win an academy award for Best Animated Feature? Ratatouille? The Incredibles? Monsters Inc. ?
7. Who played the character Mr. Conductor (the equivalent of the fat controller) in the Thomas The Tank Engine film, Thomas And The Magic Railroad? Martin Sheen? Alec Baldwin? Tommy Lee Jones?
8. What type of animal was being hunted by Great Lord Hidetora and his men at the start of Ran? Wolf?? Boar? Deer?
9. Which of the following did not star in The Poseidon Adventure? Richard Dreyfuss? Leslie Nielson? Roddy McDowall?
10. The following quote is from which version of King Kong, “Coast to coast tours, beauty and the beast, that’s a grotesque farce”? 1933? 1976? 2005?
NINETEEN SEVENTY SIX
11. What does Steve Zissou dub the new species of shark that he is trying to kill in The Life Aquatic? Jaguar Shark? Leopard Shark? Cheetah Shark?
12. Kevin Costner’s character’s dog in JFK is in fact author John Grisham’s Labrador Retriever. True or False?
FALSE (the dog was loaned to Oliver Stone by author Anne Rice)