[13 February 2011]
Genre – An animated aging racist wood spirit with a love for his vintage cat-bus
Dirty Harry Potter
Genre – A sexy courtroom drama; Harry is tried for sexually harrassing Dobby
Play Twister For Me
Genre – Twisty thriller
Genre – Fascinating documentary about Turin from an older woman’s perspective
Every Which Way But Correct
Genre – Spaghetti Eastern
The Roses Trilogy (A Fistful Of Roses / For A Few Roses More / The Good, The Bad & The Prickly)
Genre – A lonely cupid wandering through the western areas of Norwich (specifically Bowthorpe)
Never Let Me Bro
Genre – Controversial drama in which Keira Knightley & Andrew Garfield black-up and diss their ho’s and shit
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Hamlet, The Merchant Of Venice and The Tempest are all adaptations of works by which author/playwright?
2. What is Pacino’s first name?
AL (1 point) / ALFREDO (2 points)
3. Who directed The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Full Metal Jacket? [bonus point for naming the title of his final film]
STANLEY KUBRICK [Eyes Wide Shut]
4. Toy Story, The Incredibles and Wall-E were made by which production company?
5. Which actor has quoted the following lines: “If it bleeds, we can kill it”, “I’m a cybernetic organism, living tissue over a metal endoskeleton” and “I’m not a pervert I was just looking for a turbo man doll”?
6. Which actress portrayed Mary Poppins in the film of the same name?
7. What is the name of the 1992 release which cast Whoopi Goldberg as a lounge singer hiding in a convent?
8. What year was Gladiator released? **2000th question asked!**
9. What was the top grossing film of 1982? The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas? Porky’s? ET? [bonus point for closest earnings estimate]
ET (although all three were in the top ten earners) [793 million dollars]
10. What was the name of the drama that afforded Ben Affleck and Matt Damon their screenwriting Oscar?
GOOD WILL HUNTING
11. Who starred in the lead role of the 1996 remake of Sgt. Bilko?
12. Which movie had the following poster tagline: “Axel Foley’s Back.. Where He Doesn’t Belong”?
BEVERLY HILLS COP II
ROUND II: Filming [Clint Eastwood Special]
1. The Bridges Of Madison County is based on which novel?
THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY
2. Million Dollar Baby focuses on which sport?
3. Harry Callahan works for which city’s police department in Dirty Harry?
4. Who plays Ned Logan, a retired gunfighter and long-time friend of Eastwood’s character William Munny, in Unforgiven?
5. What is the name of Eastwood’s character in Pale Rider?
6. Which three actors starred alongside Eastwood as the other members of Team Dædalus in Space Cowboys? (one point per correct answer)
TOMMY LEE JONES / DONALD SUTHERLAND / JAMES GARNER
7. What is the bounty on Josey’s head in The Outlaw Josey Wales?
FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS
8. In what year was Where Eagles Dare released? [bonus point for stating which country it was released in first]
9. The following quote is from which instalment of Leone’s dollar trilogy: “I don’t think it’s nice, you laughin’. You see, my mule don’t like people laughin’; gets the crazy idea you’re laughin’ at him”?
A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
10. White Hunter Black Heart is a thinly disguised account of filming which 50s movie?
THE AFRICAN QUEEN
11. What was the title of the last Eastwood film that Don Siegel directed after a production rights dispute?
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ
12. Gran Torino is technically the last instalment of the Dirty Harry series. True or False?
FALSE (the film was falsely rumoured to be a Dirty Harry tale when it was initially announced)
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Who was first choice to play Richard Kimble in The Fugitive before dropping out?
2. Who directed the remake of Night Of The Living Dead?
3. What does Martin [John Cusack] use to kill the hitman Felix LaPoubelle at his high school reunion in Grosse Point Blank?
4. Who is Star Trek IV dedicated to?
THE CHALLENGER SHUTTLE CREW
5. What year was Hammer Film Productions (notable for their gothic horror films from 50s-70s) founded?
6. How many films feature in the View Askewniverse canon? [bonus points for each title named]
SIX [Clerks / Mallrats / Chasing Amy / Dogma / Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back / Clerks II]
7. What’s the name of the gang of kids in Angels With Dirty Faces?
DEAD END KIDS
8. Who directed Dune? [bonus point for naming the year it was released]
DAVID LYNCH 
9. What is the name of Happy Gilmore’s rival played by Christopher McDonald?
10. What was the title of the last official Carry On film to be made (in 1992)?
CARRY ON COLUMBUS
11. What is the name of the sequel to An American Tail?
AN AMERICAN TAIL: FIEVEL GOES WEST [bonus point for correctly spelling Fievel]
12. Which two actors played the roles of Frank Towns and Lew Moran in The Flight Of The Phoenix (specifically the 1965 original)? [one point per correct answer]
JAMES STEWART / RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following was not directed by Alfred Hitchcock? Arsenic And Old Lace? Notorious? An Elastic Affair?
ARSENIC AND OLD LACE
2. Listen With Your Heart, Savages and The Virginia Company are titles of songs from which Disney film? Mulan? The Fox And The Hound? Pocahontas?
POCAHONTAS [bonus point for correctly spelling the title]
3. In what year is Minority Report set? 2050? 2054? 2057?
TWENTY FIFTY FOUR
4. What type of ship blew up the first Death Star in Star Wars? X-Wing? Y-Wing? A-Wing?
5. What was the name of the femme fatale in Out Of The Past? Kathie Moffat? Phyllis Dietrichson? Christina Bailey? [bonus point for naming the actress who portrayed her]
KATHIE MOFFAT [Jane Greer]
6. To advertise their upcoming release, Robocop, Orion paid to use which film’s theme music? The Terminator? Aliens? Logan’s Run?
7. What is the name of Charles Bronson’s character in Once Upon A Time In The West? Cheyenne? Stony? Harmonica?
8. Which of the following directed the most Bond films? Terence Young? John Glen? Guy Hamilton? [bonus point for naming how many]
JOHN GLEN  (Terence Young 3 / Guy Hamilton 4)
9. What does Chopper do to get transferred from H Division, in the film of the same name? Assaults a guard? Burns his own bed? Has his ears removed?
EARS CUT OFF VOLUNTARILY
10. Which of the following did not star in 1962’s How The West Was Won? Richard Burton? John Wayne? Henry Fonda?
11. How many daggers was Robert Thorne instructed to use to fully kill Damien in The Omen? Seven? Nine? Eleven?
12. In The Prestige, Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale’s character’s initials spell out the start of a common word used by magicians. True or False?
TRUE (Alfred Borden / Robert Angier – ABRA)