[10 October 2010]
The Sherbet Fountain: Search For The Everlasting Gob Stopper
Genre – Delicious drama
Genre – A harrowing drama about steak & kidney and chaos theory
Apple Of My Pi
Genre – A yummy mathematical love affair
Back To The Future IV: Revenge Of The Libyans!
Genre – Flesh-eating romantic horrody about Arabs – set in the future and the past
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which Bond film features the song, Live And Let Die?
LIVE AND LET DIE
2. Over how many days does Training Day take place?
3. How many Jurassic Park films have been made to date?
4. What is the subtitle of the second Lord Of The Rings film?
THE TWO TOWERS
5. Who directed 1979’s Alien?
6. What three things were the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion going to ask the Wizard Of Oz for? (one point per correct answer)
BRAIN / HEART / COURAGE
7. What was the name of the robot in Short Circuit? [bonus point for stating the release year]
NUMBER FIVE / JOHNNY FIVE 
8. Which actor portrays Lt. Aldo Raine, leader of the Inglourious Basterds?
9. Indiana Jones is a professor of what subject?
10. Munich depicts the Israeli government’s retaliation following the assassinations at which sporting event?
11. What kind of flesh-eating beetle is featured in The Mummy?
12. What is the name of the nurse that tyrannises the ward in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest?
NURSE MILDRED RATCHED
ROUND II: Filming [Jake/Maggie Gyllenhaal Special]
1. Which mathematical symbol is the name of Aronofsky’s first film? (bonus point for writing/drawing the symbol itself)
2. What is the name of the wrestler that Randy fights in the movie’s final scene?
3. What three names are given to Hugh Jackman’s character in The Fountain? (one point per correct answer)
TOMAS / TOMMY / TOM
4. Most films contain 600-700 cuts, how many are used in Requiem For A Dream? (point to the closest answer)
5. “Death is the road to awe” is a quote from which Aronofsky film?
6. What two things did Aronofsky ask Jared Leto and Marlon Wayans to avoid for 30 days, to truly understand overwhelming craving? (one point per correct answer)
SUGAR / SEX
7. What is the name of the song that Cassidy and Randy sing in the bar before bemoaning Kurt Cobain and the 90’s in The Wrestler?
ROUND AND ROUND (by Ratt)
8. What is the name of Sol Robeson’s computer in Pi?
9. Which is the only film Aronofsky released in which he does not receive a screenplay credit?
10. What is the name of the nebula that Hugh Jackman’s character is travelling to in The Fountain? (three bonus points for correct spelling)
11. Who cameo’d as the photographer that Max pursues in the subway in Pi?
CLINT MANSELL (composer on all Darren Aronofsky films)
12. The extras playing audience members of Tappy Tibbon’s game show (in Requiem For A Dream) gave Christopher McDonald an extended standing ovation for his almost completely improvised performance. True or False?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. What was John Wayne’s real name?
MARION ROBERT MORRISON
2. Due to timing constraints, Sean Connery was only available for a limited period to film his role in Highlander. How long was it?
3. What is the name of the limo driver in Die Hard?
4. What did Frank Morris (played by Clint Eastwood) use to escape from Alcatraz in the film of the same name? (one point for close answer, two for exact)
SPOON AND BLADE FROM NAIL CLIPPER
5. What was the name of the airline company that Martin Sheen’s character owns in Wall Street?
6. Five Jim Carrey films have spawned sequels/prequels but he has only starred in one. Name it.
ACE VENTURA (the other four are The Mask, Dumb & Dumber, Batman Forever, Bruce Almighty)
7. What is the name of the Admiral of the rebel fleet in Return Of The Jedi?
8. Which film prompted Jimi Hendrix’s estate to ban the use of Hendrix songs in movies which promote alcohol or drug abuse?
WITHNAIL AND I
9. Whilst filming for Bridge To Terabithia, it was discovered that a particular woodland creature does not exist in New Zealand and so they had to be digitally added. What was the animal in question?
10. Both Simon Pegg and Nick Frost became very attached to their shotguns whilst filming Hot Fuzz. What did they name them? (one point per correct answer) [bonus point for stating how many individuals contributed to Danny Butterman’s DVD collection]
SARAH / EMMA [3 – Edgar Wright, Oscar Wright and Joe Cornish … which is pitiful because it’s only 2/3 the size of my collection]
11. What date does Marty McFly travel back to in Back To The Future? (one point for date, one for month, one for year)
5 NOVEMBER 1955
12. What are the names of the five families in The Godfather? (one point per correct answer)
CORLEONE / BARZINI / TATTAGLIA / STRACCI / CUNEO
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which actor said, “I have the face of an aging choirboy and the build of an undernourished featherweight. If you can figure out my success on the screen you’re a better man than I”? Gary Cooper? Jimmy Stewart? Alan Ladd?
2. Which instrument does Phil Connors learn to play in Groundhog Day? Piano? Saxophone? Guitar?
3. The Third Man is based on the novel by which author? Frederick Forsyth? Raymond Chandler? Graham Greene?
4. Which of the following is not one of the mouse-pack in Disney’s Cinderella? Jacques? Renee? Gus?
5. What was the first Walt Disney movie rated 12/PG-13? Pirates Of The Caribbean? Prince Of Persia? The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian?
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL
6. What was the name of Gregory Peck’s character in 1950 release, The Gunfighter? Hunt Bromley? Mark Strett? Jimmy Ringo?
7. Which of the Dirty Dozen cast did not serve in World War II? Lee Marvin? Donald Sutherland? Ernest Borgnine?
DONALD SUTHERLAND (Marvin was in the marines and Borgnine was in the navy)
8. What is the subtitle of the fifth Star Trek film? The Final Frontier? The Voyage Home? Insurrection?
THE FINAL FRONTIER
9. What is the name of the white luckdragon in The NeverEnding Story? Falkor? Atreyu? Artax?
10. Which actor played Rocky’s trainer, Mickey Goldmill? Carl Weathers? Bergess Meredith? Burt Young?
11. Which of the following adaptations follows the original novel virtually word-for-word and scene-for-scene? The Maltese Falcon? The Big Sleep? The Glass Key?
THE MALTESE FALCON
12. James Cagney broke his rib whilst filming a dance routine for Yankee Doodle Dandy but finished the scene anyway. True or False?