[04 July 2010]
Sex Toy Story: Buzz My Woody
Genre – Harrowing porno flick that will break your childhood
Total Eclipse Of The Twihards Saga
Genre – Sychophantic love fest for teens
The Rocky Horror Pixar Show
Genre – CGI remake in 3D with toys
Finding Nero: The Loss Of A Roman Emperor
Genre – Historical erotica
Genre – Children’s Film Foundation Claymation
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Martin Scorsese’s Cape Fear is a remake of which film?
2. Where is One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest set?
3. What did Jeff break that means he is wheelchair bound and cannot leave his flat for the duration of Rear Window?
4. What does Tyler use fat to make in Fight Club?
5. What is the only thing that Butch inherits from his father in Pulp Fiction?
6. How many sons does Vito Corleone have in The Godfather?
THREE (Sanito, Michael, Fredo and daughter Constanzia)
7. Apocalypse Now is set during which military conflict?
8. What is Requiem For A Dream’s primary focus? Death? Addiction? Envy?
9. Name the actors that have played lead Terminators in the various films [specifically T800, T1000, TX]. (one point per correct answer)
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER / ROBERT PATRICK / KRISTANNA LOKEN
10. What is Andy Dufresne’s job before he is incarcerated at Shawshank State Penitentiary in The Shawshank Redemption?
11. Who plays Judge Turpin in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street?
12. US Marshalls is the sequel to which Harrison Ford film?
ROUND II: Filming [Pixar Feature Films Special]
1. What colour is Lightning McQueen in Cars?
2. What does Carl Fredrickson use to turn his house into an airship in Up?
3. What is the name of the lead male ant in A Bug’s Life?
4. Which studio bought Pixar in early 2006?
5. What does the E in WALL-E stand for?
6. What is the first dish Remy helps with in Ratatouille? Pasta? Stew? Soup?
7. What is the surname of the family in The Incredibles?
8. Woody has six phrases on his pull-string, name one of them. (the least recurring answer gets an additional bonus point)
REACH FOR THE SKY / THIS TOWN AIN’T BIG ENOUGH FOR THE TWO OF US / YOU’RE MY FAVOURITE DEPUTY / SOMEBODY’S POISONED THE WATERHOLE / THERE’S A SNAKE IN MY BOOTS / COME ON, PARTNER. WE’VE GOT TO GET THIS WAGON TRAIN A-MOVIN’
9. What breeds of shark are Bruce, Anchor and Chum in Finding Nemo? (one point per correct answer)
GREAT WHITE / HAMMERHEAD / MAKO
10. In Monsters, Inc. how many eyes does Mr. Waternoose (the head of the company voiced by James Coburn) have?
11. How many academy awards have Pixar studios won to date?
12. Which actor has appeared in every Pixar release to date? [bonus points for naming each character he has played]
JOHN RATZENBERGER [Hamm (TS) / P.T. Flea (BUG) / The Abominable Snowman (MON) / Mr. Ray (NEM) / The Underminer (INC) / Mack (CAR) / Musatafa (waiter RAT) / John (tubbo WAL) / Tom (construction worker UP)]
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In which coastal town was Ben Kingsley born?
2. Which actor starred in The Constant Gardner, Romeo + Juliet and Alien 3?
3. What was the first Carry On film?
CARRY ON SERGEANT
4. Which three actors played the title characters in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly? [Blondie / Angel Eyes / Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramierz] (one point per correct answer)
CLINT EASTWOOD / LEE VAN CLEEF / ELI WALLACH
5. What was Stan Laurel’s (of Laurel & Hardy) real name?
6. What three things did Peter Banning have to do before Rufio believed he was ‘The Pan’ in Hook? (one point per correct answer)
FIGHT / FLY / CROW
7. Revolutionary Road is based on the novel by which author?
8. What is the name of Borden’s (Bale) big magic trick in The Prestige?
THE TRANSPORTED MAN
9. Shadow Of The Vampire portrays a fictional behind-the-scenes take on which horror film?
10. Which two actors play Sergeants Barnes and Elias in Platoon? (one point per correct answer)
TOM BERENGER / WILLEM DAFOE
11. Which movie was the last to be released on laserdisc? (clue: Scorsese film)
BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
12. Which film features the opening title card, “The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you, Jenny Beckman. Bitch”?
(500) DAYS OF SUMMER
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following films is not considered part of the James Bond film canon? Die Another Day? The Spy Who Loved Me? Never Say Never Again?
NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN
2. What accent was used for the Macedonians in Oliver Stone’s Alexander? Scottish? Irish? English?
3. In which country is The Killing Fields set? Vietnam? Laos? Cambodia?
4. Which of the following was not born on 27th May? Vincent Price? Peter Cushing? Christopher Lee?
PETER CUSHING (26th May)
5. Researchers from the National Society For Epilepsy praised which film for its realistic portrayal of amnesia? Memento? Finding Nemo? 50 First Dates?
6. Which of the following did not star in Oliver Stone’s JFK? Martin Sheen? Donald Sutherland? Harvey Keitel?
HARVEY KEITEL [Sheen – Narrator / Sutherland – X]
7. Which of the following films was nominated for the most Academy Awards? Cabaret? The Godfather: Part III? The Colour Purple?
THE COLOUR PURPLE (11 / Cabaret 8 / Godfather 7)
8. What does Bud give Gordon for his birthday in Wall Street? Champagne? Cuban Cigars? Bear Skin Rug?
9. Marilyn Monroe’s infamous skirt blowing air-vent scene took place in which film? Gentlemen Prefer Blondes? The Seven Year Itch? How To Marry A Millionaire?
THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH
10. According to Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, what is the Sheriff Of Nottingham’s first name? Harold? George? John?
11. Which of the following facts is not attributed to Akira Kurosawa? He storyboards his films as full-scale paintings? Displeased with his work, he slashed his wrists thirty times in 1971? Caught polio as a child and practiced puppetry in quarantine?
POLIO [true of Francis Ford Coppola]
12. In 2006, Joaquin Phoenix’s car went off the road and was overturned in a desolate canyon. Almost immediately Werner Herzog appeared, helped him out of the wreckage and phoned an ambulance. When Phoenix awoke, Herzog was gone. True or False?