[28 March 2010]
You Only Win Twice
Genre – Ealing Comedy Of A Film QUiz
Nevermind The Bullocks, Here’s The Uma-Bombers
Genre – Hardcore Family Shoot-Em-Up
On Her Majesty’s Secret Cervix
Genre – Harrowing Cancer Biopic
Spy Me Up, Spy Me Down
Genre – Spanish Feminist Bond Comedy Drama
Genre – Sequel To Goldeneye
On Her Madge’s Secret Service
Genre – Action Thriller Biopic Musical
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. Which character said “You’re talking to a man who’s laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe” in the Wizard Of Oz?
THE WIZARD OF OZ
2. Which science fiction film featured the quote, “Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?”
STAR WARS (Episode IV: A New Hope)
3. Who was Colonel Von Stauffenberg trying to assassinate in the 2008 film Valkyrie?
4. The Sound Of Music was set and filmed in which country?
5. What is the name of the redhead princess in The Little Mermaid?
6. What two weapons did Indiana Jones carry at all times in Raiders Of The Lost Ark? [one point per correct answer]
WHIP / PISTOL
7. Double Indemnity, Sunset Boulevard and The Maltese Falcon belong to which genre?
8. How many candles adorn the cake in the famous John Hughes coming-of-age drama of the same name?
9. Which 1994 comedy introduced Hugh Grant to the cinematic world?
FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL
10. What are the names of the two Matrix sequels? [one point for each correct answer]
THE MATRIX: RELOADED / THE MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS
11. Which 80’s family film features the characters Radio, Lampy, Blanky and Kirby?
THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER
12. Which actor starred in Stardust, The Last Tycoon and The Godfather Part II?
ROBERT DE NIRO
ROUND II: Filming [James Bond Special]
1. Who was the first actor to play James Bond in 1962?
2. Which henchman wore a bowler hat?
3. Who sang the theme song for You Only Live Twice?
4. Which Bond film opens with the infamous Skiing scene that climaxes with Bond’s parachute opening to reveal a Union Jack?
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME
5. Name the only actor to appear in more than 15 Bond films.
DESMOND LLEWELYN (as Q)
6. What is the Bond family motto?
THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
7. What is Bond’s official rank?
8. Previously a villain, in which film does Jaws team up with James Bond? [bonus point for correctly naming Jaws’ first appearance]
MOONRAKER [The Spy Who Loved Me]
9. Joe Don Baker played CIA agent Jack Wade in Goldeneye. However, this actor has also previously portrayed a Bond villain; in which film was this?
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
10. Which children’s author penned the screen play for You Only Live Twice?
11. What was the name of the code machine in From Russia With Love?
12. According to the Bond novels M’s real name is Admiral Sir Miles Messervy. According to screenplays, what is the real name of M played by Judi Dench? [one point per name correctly given]
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. In which Richard Gere/Ed Norton collaboration is an alter boy accused of killing a Bishop?
2. Which famous French film depicted a cow’s eyeball being cut?
UN CHIEN ANDALOU (An Andalusian Dog)
3. What does Terry keep on his roof in On The Waterfront?
4. What is the last line of dialogue in Rocky? (spoken by Rocky to Adrian)
I LOVE YOU
5. Akira Kurosawa’s birthday was five days ago, how old would he be if he were still alive?
6. What does Danny use to write REDRUM in The Shining?
7. Taglines Part I: Which movie features the tagline “An epic of miniature proportions”?
A BUG’S LIFE
8. Which Star Trek film featured the subtitle ‘Insurrection’? (which number in the official order)
STAR TREK NINE
9. Which Humphrey Bogart film depicts a boat full of men looking for a key to an icebox full of strawberries that doesn’t exist?
THE CAINE MUTINY
10. John Wayne film, The Searchers, was voted the greatest Western of all time and the 12th greatest movie ever made. How many Oscar nominations did it receive on its release?
11. Who played the drama critic in Citizen Kane? Joseph Cotten? Joseph Colt? Joseph Corban?
12. Which Hitchcock film features Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant (their first time acting together), tracking Nazis through Brazil?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actors did not star in 1975’s The Man Who Would Be King? Michael Caine? Sean Connery? Alec Guinness?
2. Who plays Isaac Davis in Manhattan? Woody Allen? Michael Murphy? Victor Truro?
3. What does Penny Lane prefer to be called, rather than ‘groupie’ in Almost Famous? Backstage Betty? Band Aid? Ho-bags?
4. In a dream sequence, Fletch is playing for which basketball team? Chicago Bulls? New York Knicks? Los Angeles Lakers?
5. Taglines Part II: Which movie features the tagline “It’s our planet.. it’s their war”? Alien Vs Predator? Transformers? Independence Day?
6. Which James Stewart film features the quote, “You’re worth more dead than alive”? The Rare Breed? It’s A Wonderful Life? Rear Window?
IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE
7. What was the top grossing film of 1992? Batman Returns? Home Alone 2: Lost In New York? Aladdin?
8. What caused Judy Garland’s death? Barbiturate Overdose? Leukemia? Coronary Thrombosis?
9. In the remake of The Parent Trap, which of the twins has the larger appetite? Annie? Hallie? They’re both Lindsay Lohan, who cares?
10. Which band’s music is constantly played throughout Fast Times At Ridgemont High? The Rolling Stones? The Who? Led Zeppelin?
11. In the opening credits for Forrest Gump, a feather lands between Tom Hanks’ feet. What is the title of the book that he keeps in for safekeeping? Curious George? The Cat In The Hat? A Chocolate Life?
12. On his first day on the set of Blonde Venus, Cary Grant was told by director Josef Von Sternberg that he had parted his hair on the wrong side. Grant immediately changed it and kept it that way for the rest of his career. True or False?