[17 January 2010]
Who Watches The Amazing Almighty Ghost-Feminists?
Genre – Pervert Orientated Documentary
Transforminators II: Arnie In Disguise
Genre – Robot Musical
We Can Remember That For You, Wholesale
Genre – Sci Fi
Arnie And The Chipmunks
Genre – Dogme Wildlife Crossover
Genre – Slapstick Parody Starring Benny Hill
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. The film Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl was based on which Disney World ride?
THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
2. What car does Clint Eastwood possess in Gran Torino?
3. What is the name of Simba’s evil uncle in The Lion King? [bonus point for correctly naming the actor who voiced the character]
SCAR [Jeremy Irons]
4. Which country does Jean-Claude Van Damme hail from?
5. ‘In Space No One Can Hear You Scream’ was the poster tagline for which film? (Tagline Questions Part I)
6. In which city is Pixar’s Ratatouille set?
7. Which of the following actors starred in The Matrix? Guy Pearce? Keanu Reeves? Noel Coward?
8. Which monarch does Helen Mirren portray in The Queen?
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
9. Which composer scored Gladiator, The Dark Knight and The Lion King?
10. In which South American country is City Of God set?
11. In This Is Spinal Tap, what number do the volume dials on the amps go up to?
12. Who played Mary Kate Danaher in The Quiet Man?
ROUND II: Filming [Arnold Schwarzenegger Special]
1. Who plays Arnie’s twin in Twins?
DANNY DE VITO
2. Which Arnie film is considered to have the laziest one-liners, such as ‘Ice to see you’ ‘Let’s kick some ice’ and ‘Freeze in Hell’?
BATMAN & ROBIN
3. On which planet is Total Recall set?
4. How many Oscars did Terminator 2 win?
FOUR (Sound / Sound Editing / Visual Effects / Makeup)
5. Hunter was the original working title of which Arnie movie?
6. Which God does Conan pray to? Thor? Crom? Mitre?
7. How many children has Arnold spawned? [bonus point for identifying the sex ratio]
FOUR [two boys, two girls]
8. What was the name of the boy that Arnie was trying to protect from his gangster father in Kindergarten Cop?
DOMINIC (although the child was born Cullen Crisp Jnr)
9. Which two actors from The Usual Suspects co-starred with Arnie in 1999’s End Of Days? [one point per correct answer]
GABRIEL BYRNE / KEVIN POLLACK
10. Which actor played Death from The Seventh Seal in Last Action Hero?
11. Arnold was the first private US citizen to own what?
12. To date, Arnie has only played four characters that have been killed before the end of the film. Name the respective films. [one point per correct answer]
TERMINATOR / TERMINATOR II: JUDGEMENT DAY / TERMINATOR III: RISE OF THE MACHINES / END OF DAYS
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. How many (technical) Westerns have won the best picture Oscar? [one bonus points for each title named]
THREE [Cimarron (1931), Dances With Wolves (1990), Unforgiven (1992)]
2. What is the name of Little John’s son in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves?
3. ‘This Is The Weekend They Didn’t Play Golf’ was the poster tagline for which film? (Tagline Questions Part II)
4. According to Dustin Hoffman’s character in Perfume, each perfume consists of three chords. Each chord is made up of a series of distinct scents called notes. How many notes does each chord contain?
5. What is the name of golden statue/highest honour awarded at the Berlin film festival?
6. Which two actors lend their voices for the leaders of the two warring factions in Small Soldiers? [one point per correct answer]
TOMMY LEE JONES / FRANK LANGELLA
7. Many of the principals and ideals in Aronofsky’s The Fountain are based on the mythology of which culture?
8. John Wayne got his big break when John Ford cast him as Ringo Kid in which film?
9. Including both Bill and The Bride, there are six members in the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad in Kill Bill. What are their codenames? [one point per correct answer – four bonus points for correctly naming all six]
SNAKE CHARMER (David Carradine) / SIDEWINDER (Michael Madsen) / BLACK MAMBA (Uma Thurman) / COTTONMOUTH (Lucy Liu) / COPPERHEAD (Vivica A. Fox) / CALIFORNIA MOUNTAIN SNAKE (Daryl Hannah)
10. Which song by The Rolling Stones features in three Martin Scorsese films? [one bonus point for naming each film]
GIMME SHELTER [Goodfellas / Casino / The Departed]
11. Forest Warrior (1996), Firewalker (1986) and A Force Of One (1979) have which leading actor in common?
12. What is the exact function of a clapper board?
SYNCHRONISING BOTH AUDIO AND VIDEO (additionally used to mark particular scenes)
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. Which of the following actresses did not audition for Gina Gershon’s role in Showgirls? Angelina Jolie? Demi Moore? Sharon Stone?
2. Near Dark is about what? Werewolves? Vampires? Racists?
3. Who directed 1940’s Rebecca? Laurence Olivier? Alfred Hitchcock? Carol Read?
4. In 2006 Brad Pitt gave up one of the starring roles in which film to star in Babel? The Prestige? The Departed? Children Of Men?
5. Warner Bros. released the first all-talking, all-colour widescreen movie in 1930. What was the title? Song Of The Willow? Song Of The Flame? Song Of The Heart?
SONG OF THE FLAME
6. Bollywood itself is actually which Indian city? Delhi? Mumbai? Bangalore?
7. Who directed Kirsten Dunst as Marie Antoinette in 2006? Joe Wright? Sophia Coppola? Nancy Meyers?
8. At the start of Sabrina, which Larrabee is Audrey Hepburn in love with? Linus? David? Both?
9. Which of the following has an MBE? Daniel Day Lewis? Jackie Chan? Jeremy Irons?
JACKIE CHAN (awarded 1989)
10. ‘We Are Not Alone’ was the poster tagline for which film? The Day The Earth Stood Still? Close Encounters Of The Third Kind? Independence Day? (Tagline Questions Part III)
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
11. How many minutes of applause did Pan’s Labyrinth receive at the Cannes Film Festival? 17? 22? 34?
12. High School Musical features song titles such as Bop To The Top, Humuhumunukunukuapua’a and WackaWackaHeyHey. True or False?
FALSE (but only the last one… I made that up)