[22 November 2009]
Genre – Psychic Vampire Thriller With Uri Geller
Glitter & Trauma
Genre – Period Drama
Avatar II: Revenge Of The Smurfs
Genre – Straight To DVD Follow-Up To Overblown Film
How Stella Got Her Groove Stolen In The First Place
Genre – Romantic Comedy Prequel
Dude, Where’s My Team!?
Genre – Mystery Farce
The End Is Nighy
Genre – Apocalyptic Action Thriller Starring Bill Nighy
Genre – Thriller
ROUND I: Pre-Production
1. How many Spartans fought off the Persian invaders in Snyder’s action flick, 300?
2. Craig Schwartz finds a door that takes you into the mind of which actor in Being John Malkovich?
3. Which David Fincher film starred both Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt?
4. What meal do the two lead dogs share in Lady And The Tramp?
SPAGHETTI & MEATBALLS
5. Which two actors play Detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett in Bad Boys?
WILL SMITH / MARTIN LAWRENCE
6. Which New York building did King Kong climb after kidnapping Fay Wray?
EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
7. Which Olympic sport is the focal point in Cool Runnings?
BOBSLEIGH (Bobsled and Bobsledge both acceptable)
8. Which actor was nominated for an Oscar for his controversial black-faced role in Tropic Thunder?
ROBERT DOWNEY JNR
9. Tim Burton directed both Batman and Batman Returns in 1989 and 1992. Name each of the main villains and the actors who portray them. [one point per correct answer]
THE JOKER [Jack Nicholson] / CAT WOMAN [Michelle Pfeiffer] / THE PENGUIN [Danny De Vito]
10. Which prison is the setting for 1995 action flick The Rock?
11. In Big Trouble In Little China, Wo Pan is looking for a girl with what colour eyes?
GREEN (bonus point for writing EMERALD)
12. What does Antonio Banderas use to store his guns in Desperado?
A GUITAR CASE
ROUND II: Filming
1. Which John Wayne Western was remade as John Carpenter’s Assault On Precinct 13?
2. Which 80’s funny man starred in the lead role of A Christmas Carol adaptation, Scrooged? [bonus point for correctly naming its year of release]
BILL MURRAY 
3. In Lester’s dream in American Beauty, he sees Angela covered in petals of which flower?
4. What name did the kids adopt for their guerrilla group in Red Dawn?
WOLVERINES (named after their school mascot)
*audience participation* – one point for team willing to shout out Wolverines! on stage
5. Name the titles of the World War Two films directed by Clint Eastwood in 2006. [one point per correct answer]
FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS / LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
6. When we are first introduced to Cecilia and Robbie in Atonement they are having an argument about breaking what?
7. Nicole Kidman plays which author in The Hours?
8. What did Daryl Hannah transform into in Splash?
HUMAN (from a mermaid)
9. Throughout Lethal Weapon, Detective Murtaugh complains that the life of a law enforcer is getting to him. Which six words does he use to express this?
I’M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT
10. What is the name of the sword in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
11. The first film to run over an hour and considered the first feature film was called The Story Of The Kelly Gang. In which country was it made?
12. Mixing Business And Girls! Mixing Thrills And Girls! Mixing Danger And Girls! was the tagline for which Bond film?
ROUND III: Post-Production
1. Everybody knows the theme from Raging Bull but what is the name of the opera that the Intermezzo is taken from?
*audience participation* – five points for team willing to perform a rendition of the theme on stage
2. What is the name of Robert Neville’s pet dog in I Am Legend?
3. When we first meet Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones’ Diary he’s wearing a jumper with which animal on it?
4. According to the caption, at what time does Jesus deliver his Sermon On The Mount in Monty Python’s Life Of Brian?
5. What does Michael Douglas’ licence plate say in Falling Down?
6. At the time, Peter O’Toole was considered inappropriate to play T.E. Lawrence in Lawrence Of Arabia because at he was too tall. Lawrence was 5’3″, how tall is Peter O’Toole?
SIX FOOT, TWO INCHES
7. What was Orson Welles’ first name?
8. What job does a Gaffer perform on a film set?
9. At the start of Barton Fink a favourable review of his play is published in the newspaper. Was the play called Brash Raging Chorus or Bare Ruined Choirs?
BARE RUINED CHOIRS
10. In Billy Elliot, Gary Lewis and Jamie Draven play miners on strike. What kind of mine do they work in?
11. What did Prewitt do to a fellow boxer that made him quit in 1953’s From Here To Eternity? [bonus point for naming the actor who played Robert E Lee Prewitt]
BLINDED HIS OPPONENT [Montgomery Clift]
12. Where does Sonny (played by Adam Sandler) work in Big Daddy?
ROUND IV: Promotion & Release
1. What is the name of the boy accompanying the Time Bandits on their adventure? Kevin? Simon? Devon?
2. Which author wrote The Talented Mr. Ripley? Patricia Highsmith? Graham Greene? Faye Kellerman?
3. Which 1942 William Wyler film won the Best Picture Oscar the following year? Mrs. Miniver? The Little Foxes? The Memphis Belle?
4. What was Henry Fonda’s last film, which he also won his only Oscar for? On Golden Pond? Meteor? City On Fire?
ON GOLDEN POND
5. Which character does Cary Grant play in Father Goose? Walter Eckland? Charles Christopher? William Perry?
6. Where does The Jungle Book fall in the run of Disney Animated Classics? 19th? 21st? 23rd?
7. In 1929 the first adaptation of the sinking of the Titanic was released (Saved From The Titanic & In Nacht Und Eis don’t count). What did they change the name of the boat/film to? Atlantic? Oceanic? Eisbrecher?
8. What was the subtitle for Poltergeist II? The Other Side? The Other Channel? The Other Story?
THE OTHER SIDE
9. What is the name of the town that Paint Your Wagon takes place in? No-Name City? Blood Gulch? Rushville?
10. Which of the following lines was not spoken by Al Pacino in Scarface? Nothing exceeds like excess? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break ’em for no one? I want what’s coming to me?
NOTHING EXCEEDS LIKE EXCESS (this line was spoken by Elvira)
*audience participation* – two points for team willing to impersonate Tony Montana on stage
11. Which God or Goddess helped Jason in Jason And The Argonauts? Hera? Athena? Apollo?
12. According to historians the biggest flaw with 1995’s Braveheart had nothing to do with the plot but the fact that kilts didn’t exist at that point in history. Is this true or false?
TRUE (kilts became commonplace in Scotland in the 16th Century)